Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Wheels/Tires for an FLH  (Read 24467 times)

hogasm

Re: Wheels/Tires for an FLH
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2007, 05:40:35 PM »

Thanks Pete.  I've got one that just arrived yesterday.  Setting on the bench next to the new legs.  Had never seen such good picture of one installed though.  Sweet  :2vrolijk_21: .

Don that is the same axle kit I have. Knowing how you notice differences in things.......the two sides do not have the same bevel. :oops: If that makes sense to you. Look at both sides of the axle and they are different. Most  people won't notice though :2vrolijk_21:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2007, 06:30:33 PM »

Thanks Pete.  I've got one that just arrived yesterday.  Setting on the bench next to the new legs.  Had never seen such good picture of one installed though.  Sweet  :2vrolijk_21: .

Guess you missed the pics of Elvis I posted way back last June when it had black classic bags on it. Beagle loved it so much he had to have one. I need to get one for LD. They are a really nice product. Well worth a Benjamin.

B B

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2007, 08:27:14 PM »

TCnBham - I've been running the Metz 880 160/60-18 on a 4.25" Performance Machine Wheel in the rear (140/70-18 front), with no issues with ride or wear. With 7K miles  I'd guess I've still got 40% tread left. FYI, I have ridden one-up with only an occasional passenger, so there's not much load on the bike.  I weigh 200# -Don't have a pic of the rear, but here's a shot of the 18" front PM Monaco wheel/rotors + PM 6 piston caliper on my Cherry. Rear clearancing required just a little shaving of the inboard side of the plastic belt guard and, yes, the reflector on the fork leg has since been removed - PJ
That my friend is the look I'm going after. Looks great.  Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2007, 08:32:24 PM »

Well Terry I went with 18's front and rear with a 140 tire.I like the look of the 18's. Like you said it shows more of the wheel. And I also used Hogpro as well, the package is due to me any day now. Good luck with your project. later,Q
Check the date on this post. Its been a long "any day now" hasn't it.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2007, 09:44:50 PM »

Choices, choices...this thread reminds me of all the lost sleep (somewhat of an exaggeration) I had deciding what size wheels/tires, which calipers and in the case of the Performance Machine calipers, whether to go with the 11.5" rotors or the 13" - knowing the 13" would perform better and dissipate heat faster, but would take away from the look of the larger wheel which is what I wanted in the first place.  I don't think I'm the only one who tossed and turned over this stuff.  I recall a great photo on the old site of somebody who mounted all chrome (mirror chrome) thunderstar wheels, then converted to a single disc in front to show off the wheel.  It looked awesome, but I think it was the opinion of most was, in that case, not to trade off the stopping power for the great looks...to all you guys trying to decide which combination,etc,etc, whatever you choose will no doubt look slick as s*%t - have fun with it - PJ

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2007, 10:33:08 PM »

Thanks for the encouraging words, PJ...it's a lot of money by the time you do it all up right, so don't want to eff up and not be happy with the choice.

Now I've found another wheel I think would really look sick on my bike, so another choice... :nervous:  It's a PM wheel...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2007, 10:34:18 PM »

Now I've found another wheel I think would really look sick on my bike, so another choice... :nervous:  It's a PM wheel...

silly boy

:worthless: :worthless:

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2007, 10:36:45 PM »

Check the date on this post. Its been a long "any day now" hasn't it.

Q...man, I hate it for you, bro...I hope they get you taken care of real soon...can't wait to see the SERK with whatever choice you've made.

I'll be talking to Phil in the next few days to get my stuff coming, I hope.

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2007, 10:42:49 PM »

silly boy

:worthless: :worthless:

Seek, and ye shall receive....

What do you think? 

TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2007, 10:59:10 PM »

Seek, and ye shall receive....

What do you think? 

:puke:

Don't pay any heed to my reaction to them though.  I never like any wheel that has a sweep to its spokes or other radius effects.  I tend to like straight lines in my wheels.  Just boring that way.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2007, 11:09:34 PM »

:puke:

Don't pay any heed to my reaction to them though.  I never like any wheel that has a sweep to its spokes or other radius effects.  I tend to like straight lines in my wheels.  Just boring that way.

Don, just for kicks, go to the PM website, then to HD bikes, then to wheels, then to see what the wheels look like on your bike.  The closest thing they have to our bikes is an RK...pick different colors with different wheels.  It's amazing how different some of the wheels look when they are actually mounted.  Some of the patterns in the wheels don't really show themselves well until they are mounted up with the rotors.  It's a tough decision...

TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2007, 11:18:31 PM »

It's a tough decision...

The hellish part about getting wheels for anything is just picking what you're gonna want Terry.  It's brutal.  I've been wanting to change wheels on the old T-bird for two wheels but just can't pick. 

The same type of software is available to let you try out different wheels on most cars too (including the old one).  And it helps A LOT being able to visualize it.  Because they often do look so much different on the bike or car than on the page.  But I still hate picking wheels.  It makes parts of me pucker that just normally shouldn't pucker so much.  And then, god help you, if you think maybe you've picked wrong once you see them installed that first impression will annoy the hell out of you for YEARS! 

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2007, 06:57:33 PM »

The hellish part about getting wheels for anything is just picking what you're gonna want Terry.  It's brutal.  I've been wanting to change wheels on the old T-bird for two wheels but just can't pick. 

The same type of software is available to let you try out different wheels on most cars too (including the old one).  And it helps A LOT being able to visualize it.  Because they often do look so much different on the bike or car than on the page.  But I still hate picking wheels.  It makes parts of me pucker that just normally shouldn't pucker so much.  And then, god help you, if you think maybe you've picked wrong once you see them installed that first impression will annoy the hell out of you for YEARS! 

Don,
       Is there a military base anywhere near you ? If so, go hang out by the entrance early in the morning and at about 1430 and you'll have a rolling parade of every wheel made. Those young servicemen and women will put $3,000 rims and tires on a $2,000 car.

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2007, 09:37:56 PM »

Don,
       Is there a military base anywhere near you ? If so, go hang out by the entrance early in the morning and at about 1430 and you'll have a rolling parade of every wheel made. Those young servicemen and women will put $3,000 rims and tires on a $2,000 car.

B B

No Brian, nothing close.  Leonard Wood and Leavenworth the closest posts of any size.  Unfortunately I have to go to posts occasionally rather than them coming to me.  The expensive wheels on the beater cars is something I always got a kick out of though.  I suppose we did it too but I really don't remember ever having the cash for fancy wheels after just keeping the cars/bikes running and managing the expense of girls and other necessities.  May have to dig out old pictures and see what the old rattle traps I drove in the day really liked like.  Might be interesting to see if the memory is flattering or trying to protect my now aged feelings  :huepfenlol2: .

There is one contemporary look though that I really don't get.  The little beater "tuner cars."  Some kid will have two thousand bucks worth of old beat up Toyota and have wheels and low profile tires sticking out about 18 feet beyond the fenders and other 3k worth of bling scattered on and around the car.  And god help you if you're driving by when the stereo gets cranked up.  The only thing that might resonate more deeply to your bones would be standing a couple miles off ground zero during an underground nuclear detonation.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2007, 09:50:05 PM »

No Brian, nothing close.  Leonard Wood and Leavenworth the closest posts of any size.  Unfortunately I have to go to posts occasionally rather than them coming to me.  The expensive wheels on the beater cars is something I always got a kick out of though.  I suppose we did it too but I really don't remember ever having the cash for fancy wheels after just keeping the cars/bikes running and managing the expense of girls and other necessities.  May have to dig out old pictures and see what the old rattle traps I drove in the day really liked like.  Might be interesting to see if the memory is flattering or trying to protect my now aged feelings  :huepfenlol2: .

There is one contemporary look though that I really don't get.  The little beater "tuner cars."  Some kid will have two thousand bucks worth of old beat up Toyota and have wheels and low profile tires sticking out about 18 feet beyond the fenders and other 3k worth of bling scattered on and around the car.  And god help you if you're driving by when the stereo gets cranked up.  The only thing that might resonate more deeply to your bones would be standing a couple miles off ground zero during an underground nuclear detonation.

See what the EPA has caused?  Now instead of putting all the $$$$ in the motor and exhaust it goes into wheels and stereo.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.