Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Sunday Sermon  (Read 9430 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Sunday Sermon
« on: February 06, 2007, 08:34:12 PM »

I think we should have a weekly inspirational thread here. Maybe JR and Spiderman can help in starting this. Anyone else could feel free to contribute. Any thoughts?

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Sunday Sermon
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 09:40:10 PM »

Go for it ,I think it will do us all some good.....

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 10:01:01 PM »

very well said Brian...words to live by...
very inspiring

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 10:09:06 PM »

B, you said that you were wondering what to "do next". This may be an outlet for you and a chance for all of us to learn something in the process. We all need a little bit of uplifting and insight that you can provide.  :)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 10:24:33 PM »

I was riding in to work the other day , musing on what I needed to do around the house and daydreaming about a Tiki bar Beagle and I have talked about for going on two years when it hit me that my thoughts were exceptionally selfish and self centered. I was looking at my life from the standpoint of have not when I already have so much more than I ever imagined possible 30 years ago. That's when I realized I needed to make a commitment to being a better man as the first step in finding a path to follow for the rest of my life that wasn't a celebration of material values. No, I am not going to go out and sell everything, shave my head and become a Hari Krishna, but I am going to try to do something of value for the world around me and for my fellow man. I'm not going to make some big declaration and set some impossible goal, I'm just going to begin as I said by being a better man. So that's my inspirational thought for the week. Starting today, be the best husband, wife, son, daughter, grandparent, friend, mentor , whatever you can be. You don't have to be Mother Theresa or Gandhi, just be who you are when you're at your finest. I think the idea put forth in the Movie " Pay it Forward" is a good way to start.  My hope is that in doing that the next step will present itself to me and so forth until I feel my feet solidly on a path headed to a better world. Corny ? Maybe so, but I think in our heart of hearts we all dream dreams that when expressed in writing come off as a little bit corny. Me I'm not so afraid to step off the porch and into the realm of criticism that I spend my days thinking " if only "  I leave it JR to add in the words asking the almighty to give us all the strength we need to find our way in this pursuit. JR knows where my heart is even if my words don't always say it.

B B
[/glow]

Brian

The honor of meeting you and many, many others on this site has made it worth the time I have spent here.
It's like the Mastercard commercial,

The knowledge from this site-----------> awesome!
The photo's from this site--------------> outstanding!
The entertainment from this site--------> unrivaled!

The friends I have made from this site--> PRICELESS!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 10:26:34 PM by Silver-Black »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 02:13:00 AM »

Ya Know, We live in a world of advertisement that bombards us into thinking we need it, deserve it, and can't live without it! Being raised in a relatively poor family in the NW suburbs of Chicago we didn't have the things most people in our neighborhood had. What I did have was a Mother and Father who Loved me very much! I didn't realize we were poor until I went to school and saw what other kids had. I use to dream what it would be like "If Only"...

We seem to look at material things as a way to happiness. As a young man I was determined to work hard and reward myself with material possesions that would surely bring happiness which they did...temporarily! Then my sights were set on something else. If only we had a bigger house, if only I made more money. As we moved to a bigger house and I made more money it was never enough. I always was wanting bigger and better things to fill that void in my life.

For me that void was filled when I was 38 years old and turned my life over to Christ. That's when I found the true meaning of happiness. I realized there is more to this life than material things. What I realize now is the Love I received from my parents made me the wealthiest kid on the block. Now, God's Love through Christ Jesus gives me Hope, Joy and Peace during the storms this world brings. We are all a heart beat away from eternity and we can't take the material things of this world with us but what we can take is Love!

As a believer in Christ I try to be transparent as that's the way God see's us. He looks into our hearts! Hopefully those I come in contact with during my day can see the Love of Christ thru me. I struggle with the things of this world just as we all do. But at the end of the day I can rest my head in my pillow and know that no matter what happened that day, my God Loves me and will never leave or forsake me. For me, this is the true meaning for happiness.

What I like to do when I feel the opression of a stressful day is not to look at what I don't have, instead look at what God has Blessed me with. This always has a way of lifting me up and put things in perspective. Maybe this will help you. Try it some time. :) Thanks for letting me share, God Bless!

JR :bananarock:

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 10:05:07 AM »

JR all I can say is amen,thanks for boldness...

rbmntx

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 10:41:56 PM »

This thread was very timely for me.  I am a sinner of magnificent proportions but through it all try to be a good human being to other living things, man or beast.  I have made a lot of mistakes in my 61 years but today an opportunity to make amends for many of those shortcomings was placed in my lap.  I won't go into detail but I feel like I was blessed to have this chance.  Like everyone, I have a lot of ups and downs and lately, the "downs" have dominated the scale but for some unknown reason, I've felt a sense of peace through it all.  I think I know where that peace is coming from.
Bless us all.
some days you gets da bear, other days da bear gets you...

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 11:03:45 AM »

In a sermon last week our Pastor was explaining how many people assume they could never be a forgiven because they have just done too many "bad things".  He went on to explain that our Savior is not here to just watch over the "good people", they don't need as much help.  He his here knocking on the door at the person's house who thinks his past lifestyle would disqualify him.  If you  detect a gap in your life just open the door and let him come in.   Miracles in my life, big and small are a whole new topic, but if I get any requests for "The Kidney Story." I will be happy to post it here.  
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 11:29:53 AM by hotlineguy »
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

jclark3603

• 07 Black Ice Road King
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 12:35:38 PM »

Man What a topic - If any one is interested in a biker friendly church - You need to check out my church. Cross Timbers Church in Argyle it is a nondenominational church and we have our own Motor Cycle Gang(lol) the CT Cruisers we even have special parking for our bikes. In the past not having spent a lot of time in church I find this place is amazing. I am sure that different churches effect different people different ways depending on your needs. Amazing to me how this church just seemed to know my needs The fellowship at this church and just the whole thing feeds my soul - I find that I look forward to going to church cant wait to here what the pastor has to say - He doesn't seem to preach but he makes me THINK and he moves me every time I go. So if you are in need come check it out they have a web site. We have an 8:30 service that most of the bikers attend that way you can still get a great Sunday morning ride in. Hwy 377 Argyle

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 07:05:18 PM »

This thread was very timely for me.  I am a sinner of magnificent proportions but through it all try to be a good human being to other living things, man or beast.  I have made a lot of mistakes in my 61 years but today an opportunity to make amends for many of those shortcomings was placed in my lap.  I won't go into detail but I feel like I was blessed to have this chance.  Like everyone, I have a lot of ups and downs and lately, the "downs" have dominated the scale but for some unknown reason, I've felt a sense of peace through it all.  I think I know where that peace is coming from.
Bless us all.

Great News Bro! :2vrolijk_21: We all are sinners of magnificent proportions. Billy Grahm, the Pope, Even Mary, mother of Jesus was a sinner! Thus the need for God to send a savior...Jesus! Making Amends is good not only for those we go to but also for our own selves. Life is a journey filled with ups and downs. I have found that some of my greatest spiritual growths came when I went thru the valley! Thanks be to God for his Holy Spirit who gives us peace thru our storms of life! Again, Great News, God Bless!

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 07:09:47 PM »

Man What a topic - If any one is interested in a biker friendly church - You need to check out my church. Cross Timbers Church in Argyle

We have an 8:30 service that most of the bikers attend that way you can still get a great Sunday morning ride in. Hwy 377 Argyle

It would be nice to know what state Argyle is in!!! :nixweiss: May want to take the banana there some day! :2vrolijk_21:

« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 12:05:22 AM by JR »

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 07:12:23 PM »

Miracles in my life, big and small are a whole new topic, but if I get any requests for "The Kidney Story." I will be happy to post it here.  

I sure would like to hear about it!

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 08:49:04 PM »

I was riding in to work the other day , musing on what I needed to do around the house and daydreaming about a Tiki bar Beagle and I have talked about for going on two years when it hit me that my thoughts were exceptionally selfish and self centered. I was looking at my life from the standpoint of have not when I already have so much more than I ever imagined possible 30 years ago. That's when I realized I needed to make a commitment to being a better man as the first step in finding a path to follow for the rest of my life that wasn't a celebration of material values. No, I am not going to go out and sell everything, shave my head and become a Hari Krishna, but I am going to try to do something of value for the world around me and for my fellow man. I'm not going to make some big declaration and set some impossible goal, I'm just going to begin as I said by being a better man. So that's my inspirational thought for the week. Starting today, be the best husband, wife, son, daughter, grandparent, friend, mentor , whatever you can be. You don't have to be Mother Theresa or Gandhi, just be who you are when you're at your finest. I think the idea put forth in the Movie " Pay it Forward" is a good way to start.  My hope is that in doing that the next step will present itself to me and so forth until I feel my feet solidly on a path headed to a better world. Corny ? Maybe so, but I think in our heart of hearts we all dream dreams that when expressed in writing come off as a little bit corny. Me I'm not so afraid to step off the porch and into the realm of criticism that I spend my days thinking " if only "  I leave it JR to add in the words asking the almighty to give us all the strength we need to find our way in this pursuit. JR knows where my heart is even if my words don't always say it.

B B

I like it BB! I'm sure there are people with all kinds of beliefs that belong to this site and inspirational, common sense wisdom without interjecting any particular religion is (IMO) a good thing. Keep it coming and good luck on your quest to be a better man! 8)

rbmntx

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 10:20:56 PM »

It would be nice to know what state Argyle is in!!! :nixweiss: May wan :nixweiss:t to take the banana there some day! :2vrolijk_21:

JR, Argyle is in the GREAT REPUBLIC OF TEXAS, of course.  My new good friend JClark (who I haven't had the pleasure of meeting face to face yet) has piqued my interest in his church.  We have already made plans to hook up when he gets home from the frozen tundra that is Chicago, maybe he can show me the way.  I divorced 4 or 5 years ago, moved to another town and have not found a church that I have felt comfortable in.  I'm sure it's more "me" than "it" or "them".

some days you gets da bear, other days da bear gets you...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 21 queries.