Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  All

Author Topic: Sta Bo bushings  (Read 58871 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: Sta Bo bushings
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2007, 04:35:18 PM »

Was wondering what's happening with your ride, Roger...finishing today?  Anxiously awaiting your evaluation of the various products installed.

Just called the shop.  SNAFU, electricals screwed up, so they are waiting for the service mgr. to look at it tomorrow.  I'm ok, I am heading to Jacksonville this afternnon anyway, so most likely wouldn't get to ride it for a few days.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2007, 04:36:11 PM »

Here's a link from bikernet on the TT, I would think if your worried about the extra viberation from the bushings the TT would be the way to go. I'm still on the fence as to which is better, or both. Hoist, you like yor TT correct?

http://www.bikernet.com/garage/truetrack.asp

I'm happy with it right now, but the only real way to tell is if it doesn't do those squirrley things my previous FL's did without it. And so far it hasn't. Was running at pretty good speeds yesterday, and the only thing squirrley was the front end, which will be corrected by the Traxxion Cartridges. Will the Sta-Bo's add more or fight the TrueTrack? That's the question I need answered. The bike being a little stiffer doesn't bother me, but I don't want one to counteract the other and make things worse. This is the first I'm hearing of this issue. Like I said, I've had the TT on since day one, and it seems to be doing its job. I have the Stay-Bo's on order. I hope it's not a mistake trying both! Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2007, 05:05:05 PM »

I wouldn't think they would fight each other, I think the only thing the bushings will do over TT is stop more of the camber change when hard into the turns. TT probably helps with this, but because the rubber bushing can still move I think the swing arm pivot shaft can still move up and down. So if one side goes higher and the other stays the same or worse moves down, your rear tire will change camber, which will create rear steer. So I think both the TT and the bushings would only complement eachother. the bushings should help reduce the swing arm pivot shaft from changing camber as much, but possibly adding some vibration too. just my uneducated opinion!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2007, 11:12:34 PM »

I'm happy with it right now, but the only real way to tell is if it doesn't do those squirrley things my previous FL's did without it. And so far it hasn't. Was running at pretty good speeds yesterday, and the only thing squirrley was the front end, which will be corrected by the Traxxion Cartridges. Will the Sta-Bo's add more or fight the TrueTrack? That's the question I need answered. The bike being a little stiffer doesn't bother me, but I don't want one to counteract the other and make things worse. This is the first I'm hearing of this issue. Like I said, I've had the TT on since day one, and it seems to be doing its job. I have the Stay-Bo's on order. I hope it's not a mistake trying both! Hoist!

It's not Howie.  On the red bike they're both there.  Or at least a variation thereof. 

The RideStr8 had been on for a long time.  Installed the StaBo bushings and unhooked the link from the RideStr8.  Just to feel it separately.  Was still stiffer and straighter than stock.  But in a way that felt different than was the gain from the RideStr8.

Hooked the link from the RideStr8 back up to run both products together.  Stiffer yet.  More rigid but definitely not feeling like a hardtail.  Not even close.  Just a surprisingly stiff and straight tracking rear end for a modern FL.  I prefer them that way.  So I immediately liked the combination. 

Have looked at the geometry impacted by either.  And the components impacted by either.  They aren't working at cross purposes.  More accurately working from different starting points toward the same purpose.  Fare more complementary than redundant. 

Some may not like the stiffer feel that is gained this way.  I do.  Don't hesitate to use them together and see what you think.  If you don't like the feel it's only another 20 minutes to take the new StaBo parts back out.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2007, 11:40:53 PM »

It's not Howie.  On the red bike they're both there.  Or at least a variation thereof. 

The RideStr8 had been on for a long time.  Installed the StaBo bushings and unhooked the link from the RideStr8.  Just to feel it separately.  Was still stiffer and straighter than stock.  But in a way that felt different than was the gain from the RideStr8.

Hooked the link from the RideStr8 back up to run both products together.  Stiffer yet.  More rigid but definitely not feeling like a hardtail.  Not even close.  Just a surprisingly stiff and straight tracking rear end for a modern FL.  I prefer them that way.  So I immediately liked the combination. 

Have looked at the geometry impacted by either.  And the components impacted by either.  They aren't working at cross purposes.  More accurately working from different starting points toward the same purpose.  Fare more complementary than redundant. 

Some may not like the stiffer feel that is gained this way.  I do.  Don't hesitate to use them together and see what you think.  If you don't like the feel it's only another 20 minutes to take the new StaBo parts back out.

Thanks Don, that's the last word on that! I felt the same way, but wondered why the Sta-Bo boys don't recommend it. Your assessment is exactly what I expected from it. Perfect response man! :2vrolijk_21: That, coupled with a killer suspension, you bike must handle awesome now! Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2007, 11:44:21 PM »

Thanks Don, that's the last word on that! I felt the same way, but wondered why the Sta-Bo boys don't recommend it. Your assessment is exactly what I expected from it. Perfect response man! :2vrolijk_21: That, coupled with a killer suspension, you bike must handle awesome now! Hoist! 8)

It's better than any rubber mounted big Harley I've ever been on.  But it's still a rubber mounted big Harley  :huepfenlol2: .

You'll get to ride it soon.  But if you hang a right down to Georgia on the way home rather than heading on to the city like you're supposed to it's not my fault.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2007, 11:48:56 PM »

It's better than any rubber mounted big Harley I've ever been on.  But it's still a rubber mounted big Harley  :huepfenlol2: .

You'll get to ride it soon.  But if you hang a right down to Georgia on the way home rather than heading on to the city like you're supposed to it's not my fault.

That's what's worrying me! :-\ I'm still trying to figure out a detour there between VA and KY ;) Just not quite enough time. Or is there? ::) Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2007, 12:03:01 AM »

That's what's worrying me! :-\ I'm still trying to figure out a detour there between VA and KY ;) Just not quite enough time. Or is there? ::) Hoist! 8)

RIDE FASTER!

(create time!)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2007, 12:21:01 AM »

Two things have to happen for this to work. First, the Missus can't freak out too bad about it. That one might not be too bad. Chuck is down there. Maybe he can get Pinkie to take her out shopping. ::) Second, I have to make it from Front Royal, down SLD/BRP, to I-77 to Charlotte, to I-85 to Atlanta in two days with a group of people. That will be no small feat. Think I can pull it off? Then I can get the work done on the 15th and be in Clinton on the 16th. It's pushing it. It's also assuming Traxxion can work with short notice. It also means I'll wind up doing the 440's instead of waiting for the Bitubos. Oh, decisions, decisions! :nixweiss: Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2007, 12:28:14 AM »

Two things have to happen for this to work. First, the Missus can't freak out too bad about it. That one might not be too bad. Chuck is down there. Maybe he can get Pinkie to take her out shopping. ::) Second, I have to make it from Front Royal, down SLD/BRP, to I-77 to Charlotte, to I-85 to Atlanta in two days with a group of people. That will be no small feat. Think I can pull it off? Then I can get the work done on the 15th and be in Clinton on the 16th. It's pushing it. It's also assuming Traxxion can work with short notice. It also means I'll wind up doing the 440's instead of waiting for the Bitubos. Oh, decisions, decisions! :nixweiss: Hoist! 8)

You've got temptation and envy working against you.  You are so hosed man.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2007, 12:32:06 AM »

You've got temptation and envy working against you.  You are so hosed man.

And don't forget motivation! Motivated by performance! Looks like some phone calls are in order for tomorrow! ;) Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2007, 12:36:43 AM »

Ok, I'm now making book on whether Howie gets his front suspension worked over on the way to Kentucky or on the way to Hot Springs.

It's 7:5 for on the way to Hot Springs.  But those odds could change at any moment.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #117 on: May 01, 2007, 12:49:26 AM »

Ok, I'm now making book on whether Howie gets his front suspension worked over on the way to Kentucky or on the way to Hot Springs.

It's 7:5 for on the way to Hot Springs.  But those odds could change at any moment.

You'll know the exact odds after I talk to Traxxion tomorrow. It gives them 2 weeks to have everything ready. Do you think I should do the shocks or wait for the Bitubos to be finished testing? My shocks are brand new. Think I should hold out for them?

BTW, would you know how much lower the SERK3 is from stock? I think it's 1". I want to put it back to stock height for the handling. I'd need to tell them what I want, I guess. If I did that, I should probably do the shocks now too, so the geometry stays correct. What height are the stock RK's? Why am I trying to think about all of this now? :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2007, 12:49:45 AM »

He's gonna be on the phone 1st thing in the AM. If he only had 1 more day on his pick up trip...

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #119 on: May 01, 2007, 12:52:55 AM »

He's gonna be on the phone 1st thing in the AM. If he only had 1 more day on his pick up trip...

How about taking Fri off and moving the trip up one day from Sun to Sat? Hmmm... She's gonna kill me for this one! ;D Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.