Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2016 CVO Streetglide Is Junk And Harley Says Its Normal,Wont Fix It  (Read 9931 times)

bigmegina

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Streetglide
Re: 2016 CVO Streetglide Is Junk And Harley Says Its Normal,Wont Fix It
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2016, 10:02:42 PM »

Take it to a different dealer, except for the idiot service writer over the phone, mine has NOT for a second said this is the neutral rattle or anything else that is normal. They are going through the primary train and replacing the transmission. My Z06 had a noise in the transaxle that the dealer tried to blow off too... it sounded like the hounds of Hades and then it started leaking from the axle seals. I took it to a different dealer and they fixed the problem. Don't get me started as to what I went through with my Cadillac. I'm no stranger to higher end vehicles either and I've experienced issues with most of them to some extent, want to talk about my Wrangler Rubicon?

My only point is this, you haven't given it enough time to call it "junk" yet. Let's see how it plays out, perhaps you can show another dealer this thread and both of our videos. You might be right, and if so I'll join you in your crusade against HD, but my bike has been in the shop a few days and they appear to be acknowledging and addressing the problems so if mine gets fixed and yours doesn't then have your dealer call my dealer and discuss the issue. You've already bought the bike, so give it a month of trying to work through it. Trust me, I don't like it any more than you but let's try to get past it and get back to riding our bikes.  :2vrolijk_21:

this is my third CVO. I had  2009 CVO roadglide custom,traded it for a 2012 with 15k miles on it no noise or problems.2012 CVO roadglide custom 22k miles on it,no noise or problems.all bought new.i have been wanting a new roadglide custom but Harley has not made 1 in 3 years and my bike milage was getting up their so I bought this.i wish I would have kept my 2012 CVO which was awesome.been buying new Harleys every 3 years since 1992.NEVER had a problem or heard a noise like this.that is why I am pissed.$40K and I get the blowoff.if the dealer would buy it back for close to what I paid I would sell it back to him and buy a new indian.looked at this today for $21k.it is a pretty bike.bike I now wish I would have kept.

ACfixer

• Global Warming Enthusiast
  • Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLSTSCi Springer
    • CVO3: Honda Pioneer 1000-5
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2016, 10:25:17 PM »

Will it's not like I'm not pissed... I have a $40K bike in the shop and I missed a ride to the Redwoods I've had scheduled since October. As far as I know the bike is the same trans and primary that you had in your 2012 so let's just see what shakes out. If you want to sell your bike because you heard a noise, I'm certainly not going to try and stop you... but after nearly a year of riding mine and the usual fitting and modifications that go with that first year I'm going to do what I can to get it squared up. I like my motorcycle, I hate the noise, but so far they appear to be dealing straight with me. That could change, but I'll keep the faith for now.
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue/Crushed Sapphire
15" Freedom shield - TTS Tuned by Fullsac - Fullsac DX pipe - 2.0 cores. 96HP - 113TQ

bigmegina

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2016, 11:17:26 PM »

Will it's not like I'm not pissed... I have a $40K bike in the shop and I missed a ride to the Redwoods I've had scheduled since October. As far as I know the bike is the same trans and primary that you had in your 2012 so let's just see what shakes out. If you want to sell your bike because you heard a noise, I'm certainly not going to try and stop you... but after nearly a year of riding mine and the usual fitting and modifications that go with that first year I'm going to do what I can to get it squared up. I like my motorcycle, I hate the noise, but so far they appear to be dealing straight with me. That could change, but I'll keep the faith for now.

I live in upstate ny where the riding season is about 12 weeks if your lucky,so every day bike is in the shop is a big loss in riding time for me.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2016, 03:21:04 PM »

Both video's sound very similar. IMO there is something very wrong. Sorry you have to deal with this and hope you both get it resolved quickly.

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2016, 05:41:10 AM »

when you spend $40k on a motorcycle and it has a problem they should fix it no questions asked to keep you happy.i bought a 2016 corvette Z06.within 200 miles the rear end was making a whining noise.i went to the forum and 5 other guys had the same problem.rear gears out of spec.brought it to the dealer,took the service manager for a ride.he heard the noise.they ordered me a new complete pumpkin.they had the car for 1 and 1/2 days.all fixed.that is the way you treat a customer who buys the most exspensive vehicle you make.

Off topic but I have a friend with a new vette that just blew up with low miles and normal driving. Turned out there was a issue with improper oil filter boss threads that came loose and got into bearings for a total engine destruction. A lot of these motors blowing up.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2016, 08:42:21 AM »

I live in upstate ny where the riding season is about 12 weeks if your lucky,so every day bike is in the shop is a big loss in riding time for me.

Unless I'm mistaken New York has a lemon law as well as other consumer protection laws and agencies.  Perhaps it is time to do some research and contact any such agencies. :nixweiss:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2016, 09:08:37 AM »

I would folllow up with cheking on the lemon law, just mentioning it to my dealer back in 2012 got them to really respond in showing more concern about the problems on my bike, and led to the dealer buying it back at full MSRP.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2016, 10:38:36 AM »

I had a similar experience with a BMW sedan a few years back.  The BMW dealership mentioned the lemon law to me.  I contacted a lemon law attorney whose focus was the auto industry.  It was all handled through the internet, fax and mail......never saw the attorney or a courtroom.  I was very surprised how fast it all transpired and how much money BMW paid back.  Very easy process, at least here in Cali.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 20 queries.