Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 2016 CVO Streetglide Is Junk And Harley Says Its Normal,Wont Fix It  (Read 10085 times)

bigmegina

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Streetglide

traded my 2012 CVO roadglide custom with 22k miles on it for a red 2016 Cvo Streetglide.the 2012 ran perfect,never a problem or noise in 22,000 miles.picked up the 2016.after about 800 miles when the bike got hot it would make a noise at idle like the clutch basket comp nut was loose.when you reved it up noise goes away like slack was taken out.back to idle,noise comes back.it is a loud noise,not something to have to listen hard to hear.i brought it in yesterday for the noise and 1000 mile checkup.was told by the owner could be bad lifter,he had seen this before.get a call from dealer.they called Harley and Harley told them that it was something to do with the gears and it was at the high end of the spec,but still in speck.WTF!!they are not going to do anything about it.my salesman who sold me the bike has a 2015 roadglide and he says his does it to.WTF!!he told me he put 20-50 Harley oil non synthic oil in it and he used non synthic oil in primary and tranny and it quieted it down.pay close to $40,000 with tax for a bike that sounds like it is going to fall apart when it is hot and they wont fix it.here is a vid of the noise the day I brought it in.when I pick it up I will get a copy of the service bulliten and post it.bike is all stock.DO NOT BUY A NEW HARLEY DRESSER UNTIL THEY FIX THIS.here is the service bulletin

« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:36:36 AM by bigmegina »

turn_key

Re: 2016 CVO Streetglide Is Junk And Harley Says Its Normal,Wont Fix It
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 12:10:43 PM »

That's some crazy clacking going on there.. don't blame you for being pissed. Haven't heard it yet from my limited but I'll listen out for it now.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 01:07:51 PM »

There is another thread running right now where the MoCo finally had to admit the customers transmission was defective and they are replacing it.  And btw, how would the MoCo actually know if your bike was "at the high end of the spec" if they've never had one of their people tear it down and measure everything?  You are being jerked around, but that's nothing new for Harley, it's SOP (standard operating procedure).  They weasel out of a lot of warranty work and expense that way.  Fight them, or let them do it to you, it's your choice.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=107825.0

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 03:49:41 PM »

I would be pissed, too, and I know some here don't want to hear it, but I've always had good service out of all the Harleys I've owned over the years.  And I know I ain't the Lone Ranger, either.  Every single problem, or failure I've had with one of my Harleys, has been no fault of the Motorcycle, or the MoCo.  I'm anal about chit being right, too.  I mean, my chit might lay down tomorrow, but so far, so good.  I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones.  Hate to hear you're having problems.  Hope they get it right for ya'.  Later--HUBBARD 
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

MLCRISIS

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 06:59:23 PM »

Rented a 2016 E Glide last winter in Vegas. Nice bike, but I could not believe the noise, or the feel from the tranny. The bike had 7500 miles on it. Felt like all the gears were straight cut. Guess I'll just keep my old stuff running.

sporacer

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CT

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 08:46:36 PM »

put 75/140 weight synthetic gear oil in it. That's what I run in all 6 speeds.

ACfixer

• Global Warming Enthusiast
  • Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLSTSCi Springer
    • CVO3: Honda Pioneer 1000-5
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 10:05:03 PM »

Does this sound familiar bigmegina?

2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue/Crushed Sapphire
15" Freedom shield - TTS Tuned by Fullsac - Fullsac DX pipe - 2.0 cores. 96HP - 113TQ

bigmegina

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 10:07:19 PM »

Does this sound familiar bigmegina?

sure does.i am now in the $40,000 junk club.

ACfixer

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 10:13:14 PM »

As of today I was told by the GM that my compensator nut was not torqued enough and that was the main source of the noise. They also told me the trans was assembled incorrectly and they are sending a new set of gears. I'm not sure what to think, but I'll keep you posted. Please see my thread on the issue because they sure sound similar. 11K on my bike, the noise started at around 10K.
15" Freedom shield - TTS Tuned by Fullsac - Fullsac DX pipe - 2.0 cores. 96HP - 113TQ

LMH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited Gone
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Limited
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 07:44:12 PM »

My 2016 just turned 1100 miles and started making this noise big time. Sounds like the right side , really loud until i pull in the clutch and only when the motor is hot. Guess i may have been to optimistic they solved the problem with the 110 CVO from 10 years ago.
Going in Tuesday and i expect to hear the song and dance about the service bulletin and the tired old "that's normal for a Harley." I guess if you live long enough everything comes back around. I can still remember hearing "all Harley's leak a puddle of oil when you turn them off decades ago from the dealer.. Perhaps the same engineer or his child now designing the bikes so they rattle and leak oil "like all Harley's do".. 8)

bigmegina

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 10:08:37 PM »

My 2016 just turned 1100 miles and started making this noise big time. Sounds like the right side , really loud until i pull in the clutch and only when the motor is hot. Guess i may have been to optimistic they solved the problem with the 110 CVO from 10 years ago.
Going in Tuesday and i expect to hear the song and dance about the service bulletin and the tired old "that's normal for a Harley." I guess if you live long enough everything comes back around. I can still remember hearing "all Harley's leak a puddle of oil when you turn them off decades ago from the dealer.. Perhaps the same engineer or his child now designing the bikes so they rattle and leak oil "like all Harley's do".. 8)

I am going to trade mine before the warrenty expires.if I buy another 1 I will let it idle and get hot before I take it.

ACfixer

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2016, 10:20:36 PM »

I am going to trade mine before the warrenty expires.if I buy another 1 I will let it idle and get hot before I take it.

Ours sound very similar, I'll let you know once I get it back. Things happen, engineering mistakes are made etc... it's a really nice bike otherwise, it may very well be there is an easy fix.

bigmegina

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2016, 11:41:28 PM »

Ours sound very similar, I'll let you know once I get it back. Things happen, engineering mistakes are made etc... it's a really nice bike otherwise, it may very well be there is an easy fix.

when you spend $40k on a motorcycle and it has a problem they should fix it no questions asked to keep you happy.i bought a 2016 corvette Z06.within 200 miles the rear end was making a whining noise.i went to the forum and 5 other guys had the same problem.rear gears out of spec.brought it to the dealer,took the service manager for a ride.he heard the noise.they ordered me a new complete pumpkin.they had the car for 1 and 1/2 days.all fixed.that is the way you treat a customer who buys the most exspensive vehicle you make.

ACfixer

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2016, 12:01:34 AM »

Take it to a different dealer, except for the idiot service writer over the phone, mine has NOT for a second said this is the neutral rattle or anything else that is normal. They are going through the primary train and replacing the transmission. My Z06 had a noise in the transaxle that the dealer tried to blow off too... it sounded like the hounds of Hades and then it started leaking from the axle seals. I took it to a different dealer and they fixed the problem. Don't get me started as to what I went through with my Cadillac. I'm no stranger to higher end vehicles either and I've experienced issues with most of them to some extent, want to talk about my Wrangler Rubicon?

My only point is this, you haven't given it enough time to call it "junk" yet. Let's see how it plays out, perhaps you can show another dealer this thread and both of our videos. You might be right, and if so I'll join you in your crusade against HD, but my bike has been in the shop a few days and they appear to be acknowledging and addressing the problems so if mine gets fixed and yours doesn't then have your dealer call my dealer and discuss the issue. You've already bought the bike, so give it a month of trying to work through it. Trust me, I don't like it any more than you but let's try to get past it and get back to riding our bikes.  :2vrolijk_21:

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 12:03:52 AM by ACfixer »

SSTuner

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Pro Street Breakout
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2016, 04:57:03 AM »

Not sure if I missed it, have you tried a different H-D Shop?
Ray
2016 CVO Pro Street Breakout
Starfire Black
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 25 queries.