Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011 SESG Engine/Tranny/Swingarm alignment question - Ohlins install  (Read 598 times)

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator

Hey there, 2 questions for you....

I am just now installing Ohlins shocks and found the rear to be offset about 3/16", and the shock bolt holes slightly different length (Shock mounting holes are longer on one side than the other by 1/8 - 3/16"). If I unbolt the front motor mount, I can "tweak" the rear end over to where I really wouldn't need shims, and the height is real close too.

How do you properly align the motor/rear swingarm? The primary side seems heavier, so it would make sense it would want to hang lower, if you just let it hang. That is the side I would need to pull up on.

I am guessing that the shock mounting length is due to quality HD engineering... The shocks are identical, but seems like I should adjust the length on one of them so they both bolt up freely. As it is now, I have to bolt the longer side first, lower the bike an 1/8 inch or so, then bolt the other one on.

The two questions -

1. How do you align the motor/tranny/swingarm in the frame?

2. would you lengthen the shocks so they bolted up freely?

Thanks!!

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 20 queries.