Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Tire advice  (Read 5047 times)

Simpleman1025

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5
Re: Tire advice
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2016, 11:08:23 PM »

I'm running stock Dunlops on mine. When I purchased my bike I also purchased tire coverage. I know sounds like a scam but it has more than paid for itself. I've already had 2 rear tires and just had my 2d front tire replaced. So that would make it in 3 1/2 years and just over 14500 miles I've had 3 rear and 3 front tires. Rear tire was road damage I.E. nail...etc, while the front tire had cracks along the bead. If you're running stock Dunlops definitely inspect that area of the front tire.

JC

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2021 FLHXSE SUNSET ORANGE/SUNSET BLACK FADE
    • CVO2: 2007 Flhtcuse Sold - 2011 Flhxse sold
    • CVO3: 2015 Flhxse ultraviolet blue/molten lava flames Sold
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2016, 07:38:21 PM »

I have not had any issues yet with my front tire but here is a picture of the rear. Cupped, noisey and looked like it was coming apart where the compounds meet. This was all the way around the tire, 9000 miles.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2016, 08:12:18 PM »

I have not had any issues yet with my front tire but here is a picture of the rear. Cupped, noisey and looked like it was coming apart where the compounds meet. This was all the way around the tire, 9000 miles.

Yep, mine is cupped, too.  Don't know about the splits, yet.  Send pictures when I get it off.  Ordered new F&R, AE's today.  6000 miles on original tires.  High speed wobble, and the rear is noticeably cupped.  Can't complain, though.  4000 miles is all I ever got of Ol' Maudie's rear tire.  'Course it was a 16", and buku less cost.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2016, 08:30:03 PM »

My AE rear is on order too, ordered it last Tuesday but there is/was a backorder with Parts Unlimited. Stock D407 only 7500 miles and cupped and I'm religious about air pressure, Otis taught me that.....

Last week during the WV GTG, I got tired of listening to the whine in every curve. Hope it's off backorder and on the bike by MV or I'll have to listen to the whine all week down there.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 08:31:45 PM by SHRADER »
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

coloradotom

• Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2016, 08:31:01 PM »

My 2 week old tire looks exactly like that - cupped and all cracked. I did put 4,000 miles on it but still... I ordered Avons for it this morning. I'm done with Dunlop.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2016, 09:47:44 PM »

Same here low mileage and good on air but still cupped. Going on a trip and don't want to listen to that darn wine!
I went with the AE's because the rear Michelins are not available until October.

On a side note; I was tracking the rear tire UPS and it showed out for delivery today. Got my appointment with the shop to install in the morning, both wheels off the bike, and the tire never showed up!
I went back to tracking and the entire last two days have been changed. How do they do that when the package was scanned at several stops and out to the delivery truck??  How would they ever find a "lost package?"
RETIRED! :fireman:

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2016, 09:49:25 PM »

And my stock rear has the same slits in the tread.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2016, 10:23:54 PM »

If yall'd build a Motor with some big ol' Pistons in it, and some big ol' Heads on it, and some Borzilla Pipes that bellered when you twist the throttle on that Motorsickle, you'd never hear that tire "whine."  There endeth the lesson.  :huepfenlol2: Later--HUBBARD       
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2016, 10:28:48 PM »

It would take straight pipes! BSR doesn't even whine enough to drown the tire out!
BUT I guess "They all do it."

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2016, 11:31:37 PM »

It would take straight pipes! BSR doesn't even whine enough to drown the tire out!
BUT I guess "They all do it."

Dam!  That's bad!  If mine does it, and it may, I just can't hear it.  Later--HUBBARD 
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 24 queries.