Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: when pulling away brake lights stay on for 300yards only after stopping?  (Read 465 times)

FADBOY

• Full CVO Member

Anyone else had this? when pulling away after stopping (turned off engine) the brake lights stay on and after 300 yards they go off??
Just been on a trip and two of the people following have told me? not sure if its a fault or a safety thing?
Thought I may have left my foot on the brake but didn't.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2

Check the rear brake pedal and the front brake lever to make sure there is no binding and the pedal and lever immediately come back to their stops when released.  Try to determine which brake is causing the issue by only using one of them at a time while having someone observe to see if the brake light goes out immediately or sticks on.  If the problem only shows up when using one brake and not the other, then it becomes much easier to find the part causing the problem.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

glens

• Senior CVO Member

Another thing: rear brake switch is a pressure switch in the line and front brake switch is mechanical in the grip housing.  Most likely...

Either switch could be sluggish to return to "off" state even if the pedal/lever work smoothly.

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 20 queries.