Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Ordered 2016 road glid ultra with bolt on 117 kit. Hope it's a good plan !  (Read 7837 times)

Flyguy13

Well I ordered it!  :) :) I should pick it up the end of the month for our big trip. I added the SE 117 bolt on kit and the billet cam
plate with oversize oil pump. I had a heck of a time figuring out pipes, I like the stock cans but not a fan of the header, if I were home I would replace with a jackpot and just retune with a tts, but this build is getting Harley's New Hi Flow Exhaust system with street cannons that  have a free flowing cat in the slip on and not in the headers, wider inlets and 4" outlets. Won't be able to dyno tune until 1000  miles after breaking and not sure where we'll be on the trip by then. Hope we can fined a good guy out west if we need it. Hopefully 117 download will set it up with out any decal popping issues etc, I'm hoping.  The the question is to add screaming eagle  street tuner which everyone thinks is worthless or something else. My goal is to try and keep the Warranty in tack during our 5-7 k trip.
Other things I've added are fog lights prefer to find good accessory driving lights saddle bag lights, And I've heard that they can program the tour pack led sidelights to be run turn brake,hope this is true. I have that option on my 13 CVO and really like it
Haven't owned a RGU before but I figured it was about time too. Current is 2013 CVO Ultra.
So its off for an adventure once the kit is installed, if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts I'd love to hear them, along with anyone that has a 117 kit with stock components..or Anything I've missed. Always wonder about windshield height , horn and suspension, but I should probably get the break done and the some riding thru the hills before looking for that stuff.
Thanks
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 01:55:37 AM by Flyguy13 »

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded

Congratulations!
If your trip takes you anywhere near Lake Havasu, Arizona you
should absolutely stop at Fullsac for a TTS install and Dyno tune.
Steve is one of the very best tuners (if not the best!) in the country.
I think you are really gonna enjoy the Road Glide, the new
fairing does a great job with wind management.
Have a great trip.
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

flyguy

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 110th Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2016 Road Glide Ultra 117 Kit

Thanks, I'f we can work in a stop in Lave Havasu, we'll definitely stop by.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.

Congratulations on the new bike! Sounds like you'll be doing a fair amount of beta testing on the ride. Good luck.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography

Yes, congrats on your new Road Glide!  Those of us who own one love them, and I'm pretty sure you will too! 
Of course, we'll be wanting pictures and a full review of your new bike and engine when you get the time!
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

flyguy

• Junior CVO Member

I'll post pics after we pick dup the bike in about 2 weeks, and your right I guess I will be doing a little Beta Testing on some of the installed upgrades, I'm particulary interested to see how the 117 performs with the "Harley" Exhaust system P/N 64800043 with the cats in the mufflers. I'm really hoping that they have a download that "works" or plays well with the 117Kit I really don't want to add a SE Street tuner :o .

This topic may be moved, I didn't realize I have 2 accounts and only allowed one.. oops.. so it may end up in my original Handle "FLYGUY"

Kingspoke

• 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust
  • Senior CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUSE - Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
    • CA

• CVO1: 12 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver

If you're getting out west as far as Northern California, have "Dyno Bob" at R.C. Cycles in Hayward, tune your bike.  He's one of the best in the country!

A lot of good info on the 117 kits on this forum and the HD Tech forum, with a lot of different approaches to tweaking it.  They seem to be holding up quite well, and very positive reviews.  I might go that route as well, this winter (actually no winter in Cali ;D).
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

Dowload will be a good starting point, but will leave a lot on the table of potential.. Add the tuner & have it tuned properly.. Btw, who's your tuner ?
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

Also, the SE High Flow exhaust w/ Street Cannons is a nice set up...performs well, sounds good, looks good on the bike too
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]

flyguy

• Junior CVO Member

Good to hear about that exhaust setup, I'm sceptical of anything with cats, but this unit seemed like it was well thought out and a plus from a warranty standpoint.
I don't have a good tuner I. My area that I'm aware of , closest is Doc down in Florida but he's a hike, I'm Hoping to find someone our trips that good. My concern is using the SEST vs SERT and warranty issues.  We may get to Northern California, so that's a good contact to stick in my back pocket, probably head from Colo toward UT the WA state and down the west coast, but nothing in stone at this point...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 04:47:11 PM by flyguy »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2

Good to hear about that exhaust setup, I'm sceptical of anything with cats, but this unit seemed like it was well thought out and a plus from a warranty standpoint.
I don't have a good tuner I. My area that I'm aware of , closest is Doc down in Florida but he's a hike, I'm Hoping to find someone our trips that good. My concern is using the SEST vs SERT and warranty issues.  We may get to Northern California, so that's a good contact to stick in my back pocket, probably head from Colo toward UT the WA state and down the west coast, but nothing I. Stone at this point...

If you're concerned about warranty, let the dealership install the kit and apply the approved download.  At a later date have the bike tuned with one of the products that allows you to easily reload the earlier map without leaving a trace.  TTS and PowerVision have that capability; SEPST does not.  If you were to have a reason to go to a Harley shop for a warranty repair, simply reload the street legal map that the dealer downloaded with the kit. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

I don't have a good tuner I. My area that I'm aware of , closest is Doc down in Florida but he's a hike, I'm Hoping to find someone our trips that good. My concern is using the SEST vs SERT and warranty issues.  We may get to Northern California, so that's a good contact to stick in my back pocket, probably head from Colo toward UT the WA state and down the west coast, but nothing I. Stone at this point...

Say no more, take the hike to Doc..none better in the tuning/teaching biz (IMO) or at least contact him to see if he has a student of his he can recommend that is close to you.
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU

You haven't said where you are, but GMR Performance in Ft. Worth, TX is a great tuner and uses TTS regularly.  GRC's recommendation is good to let the dealer put in a download and then use a "no-trace" device to get max results.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

flyguy

• Junior CVO Member

I agree on the download part and I've used TTS in the past and had good luck, I'm actually in VA but we're picking the bike up in Colorado and will spend the month tooling around then up to WA State and on down to AZ the back to VA, with "who knows where" in-between. Looking for good roads and places to visit.

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

I agree on the download part and I've used TTS in the past and had good luck, I'm actually in VA but we're picking the bike up in Colorado and will spend the month tooling around then up to WA State and on down to AZ the back to VA, with "who knows where" in-between. Looking for good roads and places to visit.

How far are you from Chad ?
http://www.wideopencycles.net/contact.html
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 25 queries.