Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Ohlins  (Read 5995 times)

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
Re: Ohlins
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2016, 01:43:29 PM »

What do you mean??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I put Howards Ohlins on the back and front and only a dead person wouldn't be able to feel the difference in the ride.
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 02:08:23 PM »

I put Howards Ohlins on the back and front and only a dead person wouldn't be able to feel the difference in the ride.

I agree...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 10:57:21 AM by FlaHeatWave »
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

4fun

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2016, 02:20:31 PM »

Not a trap at all. Fact is that most people don't know how to ride and will not feel the difference in suspension. More true for the V-twin crowd. Sport bike riders are more in tune with their rides.

Do you disagree?
I would disagree. While it is true that many riders if not most, do not utilize there suspension to the fulliest, does not mean they do not know how to ride. I think very few people can truly utilize the capabilities of their bike on the street, at least safely. I know I cant. I do believe that anyone can tell the difference between a stock suspension and an upgrade one. Anyone on a sport bike that is pushing their bike hard enough to use all its capabilities should be on the track, not the street. Just my humble opinion.

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2016, 09:34:03 AM »

Yea, I think you're full of it... There's many a Guys & Gals on this forum that have plenty of years and miles... This place ain't the typical HOG chapter... 

All you have to do is ride with this group and you will see the difference in quality of riders.
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

dkl032

• ID

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2016, 10:36:36 AM »

There sure are a few blowhards out there.  Just wanted to give props to Howard for making MY ride better for me and my wife.  Guys, your wife will be happier, trust me.  You know what they say about a happy wife....
2014 CVO Limited | V&H Power Duals and Monster Ovals | 117 Kit | SE 285 Cams | Dyno Tuned | Rekluse Clutch | Wild One 578 Bars | Floorboard Extensions | Freedom Wind Shield | Airwing LED Light | Custom Dynamics LED Turn Signals and Triple Play/Tour Pak Strobe | LED Fog Lights | FOBO TPMS | Shorty Antennas | Tour Pak Relocator, Wall, Lid Organizer, Ultra Brace | Saddlebag Wall Organizer | Backrest Organizer | Adjustable Passenger Footpegs | Hog Trough Drink Holder | Windshield Pouch | Ohlins

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2016, 01:06:38 PM »

There sure are a few blowhards out there.  Just wanted to give props to Howard for making MY ride better for me and my wife.  Guys, your wife will be happier, trust me.  You know what they say about a happy wife....
X2
Alan

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2016, 01:08:02 PM »

X2
The Howard part, my wife doesn't ride with me (breaks my heart..)  ;)
Alan

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2016, 12:57:20 PM »

LOL, looks like he sucked you all into "the trap". Personally I love my Ohlins from Howard.... Crap, did I just get sucked in too?

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2016, 08:15:15 PM »

I'm looking to get the fronts changed over to Ohlins now to match the rears I got from Howard.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2016, 08:47:39 PM »

To those that have had the Mono Tubes and Ohlins cartridges, is it worth changing? I already have Mono Tubes..... Are the Ohlins that much better?

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2016, 11:28:42 PM »

To those that have had the Mono Tubes and Ohlins cartridges, is it worth changing? I already have Mono Tubes..... Are the Ohlins that much better?
I went from the mono tubes to the Ohlin's and it was night and day. For sure worth it!
Alan

jpb

• Full CVO Member
    • MD

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2016, 09:27:28 AM »

Which Ohlins fronts did you use?  They have a NIX22 series and a FKC series.  Which is better for CVO Ultra?

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2016, 04:02:04 PM »

Ohlins is superior to anything else out there. (If you actually know how to ride)
I disagree on 2 fronts first questioning whether I know how to ride and Ohlins being superior to anything else out there for a Harley. We are talking about Harley Davidson Motorcycles, cop bikes and you dare insult past and present bike cops with such garbage as if you are the only person on earth blessed with the ability to operate a motorcycle in your own eyes.But what would I know I'm waiting to get the training wheels off my motorcycle being a bike cop for 15 of my 25 years in Massachusetts. I know I can ride the bulky Harley and chase speeding cars in the elements at high speeds and I'm still alive, must mean I know how to ride. Secondly, I believe, again I believe putting a set of Ohlins on a Harley is a waste of money due to the initial cost and the rebuild cost that I have read about on this forum, to me the failure rate is to high for a super premium shock. 

Please educate me: what shocks on a Harley Davidson have you ridden on to reach your conclusion, please list these less superior shocks and why so that I and the many board members can be educated; so I can fathom your Ohlin claim, especially with the shorter CVO stock length shocks. And I already know the answer to the question with regard to how you would rate yourself as a rider question, in fact, I believe everyone on the forum has an idea how you would answer that.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 03:41:34 PM by FLTRCVO »

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2016, 08:37:36 PM »

I'm looking to get the fronts changed over to Ohlins now to match the rears I got from Howard.

x 2. I've had the Howard's Ohlins 3-3 on the back for awhile, and dying to do the FKC 101 on the fronts. The Ricors in the front plus the old fork oil is real noticeable compared to the rears.  First on the list for next year.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2016, 08:38:58 PM »

Which Ohlins fronts did you use?  They have a NIX22 series and a FKC series.  Which is better for CVO Ultra?

Looks like the NIX22 is for small sportbikes. The FKC101 is for touring Harleys.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 20 queries.