Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Giving up  (Read 9747 times)

Glide-man

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
    • CVO2: 2009 Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2003 Serk
Re: Giving up
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2016, 09:04:49 PM »

maybe a little off topic. I have seen a driver on the highway eating a bowl of cereal with a spoon in one hand , the bowl in another.. A woman reading a paperback book driving on the highway. A woman with a lit cigarette in one hand putting on lip stick with the other, also on the highway.. we can't fine them into being responsible. Maybe the technology of automation driving is the answer.  I spend half the time on a ride or driving in a car directing them to stay in their own lane and not crossing the center line.. Sure ruins the ride...

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2016, 08:40:58 AM »

I have been watching this thread from afar, so here's my thoughts. NOBODY is going to make me stop riding! I will stop when my age/health will no longer allow me. I am being more careful now, by watching for the idiots I am forced to share the road with......but that's life. After riding on the street as a licensed driver for 55+ years......it is in my blood. And just a side note, I will not stop crossing the road either. Just my .02
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

wtfdskin

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2016, 09:02:39 AM »

I have been watching this thread from afar, so here's my thoughts. NOBODY is going to make me stop riding! I will stop when my age/health will no longer allow me. I am being more careful now, by watching for the idiots I am forced to share the road with......but that's life. After riding on the street as a licensed driver for 55+ years......it is in my blood. And just a side note, I will not stop crossing the road either. Just my .02
Amen Brother

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2016, 01:55:07 PM »

You go Jimmy!!

BigLew

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2016, 03:03:56 PM »

Now....    We  are  just  bitching to bitch!       We  are in America!     It  is  NOT  a crime to be STUPID!   

We  all  ride ,  so  even  in our vehicles we cautious about how we are driving.   we  are the minority!

68 XLCH

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2016, 09:43:17 PM »

I've seen a lot of tragic things from Nam, the middle east, and right here in the USA.

Motorcyclists run into head on by an old man on going the wrong way on a divided 4 lane, by the time we got there (flying a medical helicopter) the blood had actually congealed on the road surface, one died, last i knew the other we flew lived.

A dozen country road, single vehicle accidents, hitting a pine tree, some alive, some dead.

Car accidents with a family returning from Disney World, two little ones in the car, tragic

When you see this stuff, you can relate to your own children, parents spouse etc. it works on you.

But some of the above were not doing anything wrong, some were killed by some other dumb A** not paying attention or doing something they shouldn't have been like texting, talking on a phone, eating, putting on lipstick, brushing their hair what ever.

The stuff they do is never going to stop, probably just get worse.

I factor some of this into my rides.  Being retired, i can choose the time of day the route etc.  Remaining situation-ally aware of what is going on around me.

But all it takes is one sorry A** coming the other way at the wrong time.

Tomorrow, full sun, 50 degrees, light winds, and i will have my leather on, including chaps and cruising down the road, keeping an eye out, but enjoying the ride.
2015 CVO Street Glide Hard Candy Merc/Smoky Qtz Flames, Stage 1, Fulsac pipes, V&H 450's, Passing Lights, CD front turn Signals.

Retired Army and State Police

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2016, 10:46:24 PM »

I've seen a lot of tragic things from Nam, the middle east, and right here in the USA.

Motorcyclists run into head on by an old man on going the wrong way on a divided 4 lane, by the time we got there (flying a medical helicopter) the blood had actually congealed on the road surface, one died, last i knew the other we flew lived.

A dozen country road, single vehicle accidents, hitting a pine tree, some alive, some dead.

Car accidents with a family returning from Disney World, two little ones in the car, tragic

When you see this stuff, you can relate to your own children, parents spouse etc. it works on you.

But some of the above were not doing anything wrong, some were killed by some other dumb A** not paying attention or doing something they shouldn't have been like texting, talking on a phone, eating, putting on lipstick, brushing their hair what ever.

The stuff they do is never going to stop, probably just get worse.

I factor some of this into my rides.  Being retired, i can choose the time of day the route etc.  Remaining situation-ally aware of what is going on around me.

But all it takes is one sorry A** coming the other way at the wrong time.

Tomorrow, full sun, 50 degrees, light winds, and i will have my leather on, including chaps and cruising down the road, keeping an eye out, but enjoying the ride.
  Well said !!  Enjoy your ride.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.