Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: AJ's Trip to Florida & SEUC² Alarm Procedures  (Read 8368 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: AJ's Trip to Florida
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2007, 01:01:20 AM »

I'll scan mine tomorrow. The '07 looks to be a little different at least in page layout. Also on the '07, the dealer said that you can now use the number 0 in the PIN. The PIN will show in the odometer display which I didn't know.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2007, 01:03:38 AM »

Because 2ln was willing to bail my butt out, I put on my jammies, let the dogs potty, and went to the garage to get the owners manual. I come back in & you've got the dam thing scanned! you're my hero.

I already had the jammies on and had a fresh beer here at the desk.  Dog had already wizzed.  So I was good to go  :2vrolijk_21: .

(Any anyway, you can't tell a brother he's phucked and then actually leave him that way.  Even four beers in to the evening can't be that uncool!)

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2007, 01:06:22 AM »

Cuthbertss,  i believe has the system Don posted. so either way  it should be possible. did you upgrade to the remote module style?
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2007, 01:09:45 AM »

Cuthbertss,  i believe has the system Don posted. so either way  it should be possible. did you upgrade to the remote module style?

Yeap, Scot and I have the same bike.  I think those directions are good for 06s too.  With the 07s you've got some subtle differences.  I thought I had those instructions stored here in a PDF someplace but can't find them right now.  But then again I'm about half drunk too.

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2007, 01:15:19 AM »

wow I never wear jammies but now guess i need to look for some B&O ones.....  Hey Don any word on a weather header from our fearless leader?  Glad you had a good time at the porkchop GTG. The girl with the bottle  had all those shot glasses on her belt!!! :coolblue:
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2007, 02:05:54 AM »

wow I never wear jammies but now guess i need to look for some B&O ones.....  Hey Don any word on a weather header from our fearless leader?  Glad you had a good time at the porkchop GTG. The girl with the bottle  had all those shot glasses on her belt!!! :coolblue:

EJ, sorry but have no idea when or if Neal might plan on hacking the weather site back up on top.  If you want to use it as a standalone, however, it is here:  http://www.wunderground.com/

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2007, 02:17:23 AM »

OK
to avoid this same problem in my future..how do you figure out the code that is on the bike?  never did get whatever the previous owner had it set to and this is giving me flashbacks to Otis at the JCI after many of you had left....

AJ, so glad that you were able to get your bike back on the road.  Scott - Otis - I forgot about that problem Otis had trying to get his bike out of JCI.  What was the final solution there?  Missed that report somehow.   :nixweiss:

No - I know the somehow - I have missed thousands of posts and I am trying to get better.  I have become overwhelmed by the wonderful responses everywhere and just can't keep up.  One boring day, I will be able to go back and back read.  The read all button is my friend and enemy at the same time. haa haa! 

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2007, 10:56:00 AM »

AJ, so glad that you were able to get your bike back on the road.  Scott - Otis - I forgot about that problem Otis had trying to get his bike out of JCI.  What was the final solution there?  Missed that report somehow.   :nixweiss:

No - I know the somehow - I have missed thousands of posts and I am trying to get better.  I have become overwhelmed by the wonderful responses everywhere and just can't keep up.  One boring day, I will be able to go back and back read.  The read all button is my friend and enemy at the same time. haa haa! 

i missed a lot of these posts last night as well...
i'll dig out my manual when the frost melts this morning and  give it a shot....

thanks Don and Company... more to follow

Candy..to fill in the blanks..
after about 2 hours of the freakin alarm goin off and agitiating the JCI staff ( which was kinda fun!!!!) and making about 30 phone calls
and disassembling the bike a few times...
Otis put the old battery back in the key fob and held the button for about 15 seconds and, like magic it was good to go...
 :nixweiss:

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2007, 02:56:17 PM »

...Candy..to fill in the blanks..
after about 2 hours of the freakin alarm goin off and agitiating the JCI staff ( which was kinda fun!!!!) and making about 30 phone calls
and disassembling the bike a few times...
Otis put the old battery back in the key fob and held the button for about 15 seconds and, like magic it was good to go...
 :nixweiss:

Well, not that the JCI staff were not nice and accomodating, they were beginning to tire of us, which kinda made it so we tired of them.  I think the youngsters that we saw in the evenings did not represent the owners of JCI as well as they might have wanted them to.  So if they got irritated, so be it.  But isn't it frustrating as all get out when one spends hours poking at the right when the left was all ya had to poke at.  Go Figure.  Thanks for the update.  Sorry we took your thread so far left AJ, but ya know when the thought is there, then that where it goes. 

Carry On!   :bananarock:

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2007, 03:01:40 PM »

Well, not that the JCI staff were not nice and accomodating, they were beginning to tire of us, which kinda made it so we tired of them.  I think the youngsters that we saw in the evenings did not represent the owners of JCI as well as they might have wanted them to.  So if they got irritated, so be it.  But isn't it frustrating as all get out when one spends hours poking at the right when the left was all ya had to poke at.  Go Figure.  Thanks for the update.  Sorry we took your thread so far left AJ, but ya know when the thought is there, then that where it goes. 

They were kinda cranky and less than hospitbale since we filled their place for em...
so, annoying them was kinda fun :orange: :huepfenjump3: :mango: :bananarock: :confused5:  ( oh that was my inside voice)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2007, 03:21:10 PM »

They were kinda cranky and less than hospitbale since we filled their place for em...
so, annoying them was kinda fun :orange: :huepfenjump3: :mango: :bananarock: :confused5:  ( oh that was my inside voice)

I'm just glad that during the party evening when the older gal asked "can you maybe not start the bikes after 8:00 or so tonight or maybe park some of them out of the way?" that no one actually filled the office toilet's tank with cocoa.  Cause that would have been wrong.

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2007, 03:38:30 PM »

Thanks Don for the weather link.  and the saddle bag bottom liner idea with the swiss miss cocoa  packets for the "fun" times ahead... :huepfenlol2:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2007, 04:07:52 PM »

DOOD THATS WHAT WE CALL  THE "TACO" LOOK.  :sombrero:

It's what we call the "Looks Like a Monkey's Ass Sewn Up with a Grapevine" look.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2007, 09:21:27 PM »

...Sorry we took your thread so far left AJ, but ya know when the thought is there, then that where it goes. 

Not to worry!

Had a great day here in Fl. Got to ride the bike to work. This afternoon I stopped by Palm Beach HD. The excitement of the afternoon was a newbbie who had just bought his 1st Harley dropped it in the parking lot as he was leaving. A sales person and myself ran over to help. He was fine. The sporty had a scraped footpeg & turn signal. Turns out the guy was in his late fifties & has cancer. He wanted to ride! I told him the worst was over in that the had his first fall out of the way and that all was easy from here.
I'll try the scan thingy in a few minutes.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2007, 09:30:19 PM »

Not to worry!

Had a great day here in Fl. Got to ride the bike to work. This afternoon I stopped by Palm Beach HD. The excitement of the afternoon was a newbbie who had just bought his 1st Harley dropped it in the parking lot as he was leaving. A sales person and myself ran over to help. He was fine. The sporty had a scraped footpeg & turn signal. Turns out the guy was in his late fifties & has cancer. He wanted to ride! I told him the worst was over in that the had his first fall out of the way and that all was easy from here.
I'll try the scan thingy in a few minutes.

Got to commend that guy for having the cajones to get started when he's doing with the other chit he's no doubt going on.  And we all run in to the stories of the guy getting his first bike at (insert age here). 

While I understand that there are those who kind of begrudge the late comers I say more power to them.  If they end up becoming good and regular riders, or even bikers, more power to them.  If they don't they still spread out the manufacturing costs across one more motorcycle.  So it's all good.

But while I do commend the man AJ mentioned for doing what he's doing and, hopefully, enjoying it I am so glad I'm not him.  And I don't even mean the cancer.  I am so glad I didn't wait until (insert age here) to start riding a bike.  Too many roads missed, too many experiences (good and other than good) missed, too many friendships that wouldn't have been shared.  Thank god I didn't miss getting on two wheels in a land with the vistas this one gives us.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 25 queries.