Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HP and Torque gains with pipes and sert  (Read 2900 times)

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
HP and Torque gains with pipes and sert
« on: February 18, 2007, 11:19:34 AM »

Hello team; I was just wondering what HP and Torque gains could be expected with just pipes and a sert? I haven't seen very many dyno results on here yet. I'm mainly talking about the 110, but would be interested in any results.
WOODY

rbmntx

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: HP and Torque gains with pipes and sert
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 12:19:35 PM »

Woody, my '07 SERK just has Rinehart slip-ons and a K & N air filter.  I put the SERT in and had it dyno'ed with the following results without performance tuning:
Horsepower increased from 87.77 to 92.42
Torque increased from 109.63 to 112.09

The air/fuel ratio was pretty close before the SERT but it also improved and with riding will improve even more.  All in all, I'm very happy with the results.  Most of the gain was from mid range to the top of the rpm scale.  Although the chart showed no appreciable increase in the low end, the bike seems to me to jump off the line better.

One more thing, the rev limiter went from 5500 to 6200 rpm

Based on my results, I think it makes sense to try it this way first.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 12:22:09 PM by rbmntx »
some days you gets da bear, other days da bear gets you...

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 10:28:59 PM »

I'll have the dyno printout this next tuesday or wednesday depending on when I can pick the bike up. I installed the SE A/C, SERT and have SE exhaust. This is on a new 07 Jester. Memory hold that I've got 94 hp w/104 pounds of torque. No other modifications. As mentioned,I'll have the baseline next week with the last run printout. Might help ya on your question.
Ugly John
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 10:37:45 PM »

rbmntx,

Did AE do your tune?
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 11:53:50 AM »

Hello team; I was just wondering what HP and Torque gains could be expected with just pipes and a sert? I haven't seen very many dyno results on here yet. I'm mainly talking about the 110, but would be interested in any results.

Below is a link to a dyno sheet thread.  The first 14 pages don't show any dyno sheets due to the site being hacked and sabatoged last year however, that problem has been corrected and secured.  Anyway, I started this thread in the SEEG forum because at that time the SEEG was the only bike with the 103" motor and this board was predominately SEEG owners back then.  But the information on the 103" motor will be pretty much the same for your bike............  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php/topic,162.210.html 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 08:16:39 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 04:34:33 PM »

Click on this, it'll work a little better  :2vrolijk_21: :

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php/topic,162.0.html

rbmntx

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 08:17:46 PM »

rbmntx,

Did AE do your tune?
Yes, American Eagle installed the SERT and did the dyno run but there was no performance tuning done because the A/F ratio was so good out of the box.  They will look at it again when I take it in for the 1K service and tweak it then if necessary.
some days you gets da bear, other days da bear gets you...

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 09:29:14 PM »

RBMNTX,

Do you have your 1,000 miles on yet for your tune?  Just curious.  I hope you are still checking, as I see it has been quite a while since you posted.

Check in and let us know how the SERK is doing.
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 11:05:41 PM »

Just an update that I thought I had done before, but apparently not. The SERT, SE muffs and SE A/C got the following results. 94.6 horse power with 108.4 pounds of torque. So there you have it. So far I'm very pleased with the results. The 108 plus torque range is between 2300 and about 4700 rpm. Good enough for me.

The "before" run with all stock parts was as follows. 84.3 horse power and 101.1 pounds of torque. If you want pics of the dyno, let me know and I'll get scanned and put up for all to see.

I did not extend the rpm to 6200 for the cam not worth crap past the stock setting. Just my .02 worth.
Ugly John
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 10:34:27 PM by UglyJohn »
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 11:16:33 PM »

Just an update that I thought I had done before, but apparently not. The SERT, SE muffs and SE A/C got the following results. 94.6 horse power with 108.4 pounds of torque. So there you have it. So far I'm very pleased with the results. The 104 plus torque range is between 2300 and about 4700 rpm. Good enough for me.

The "before" run with all stock parts was as follows. 84.3 horse power and 101.1 pounds of torque. If you want pics of the dyno, let me know and I'll get scanned and put up for all to see.

I did not extend the rpm to 6200 for the cam not worth crap past the stock setting. Just my .02 worth.
Ugly John

Great numbers UJ! And I feel the same about the cams. I did the same with my PC. Enjoy it man! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Serkcus

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 Candy Cobalt SERK
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 12:47:40 AM »

Seeing all the numbers on HP and tQ makes me wonder why HD publishes 112 ft lbs TQ as a specification in the SERK cutsheet? Should not these 110's be putting out at least the numbers as shown in official HD advertising specs?

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 01:02:54 AM »

Serkcus, Its like comparing apples and oranges, Harley uses Crankshaft Torque and HP and naturally gets Bigger numbers, The Dyno figures are at the rear wheel and considerably lower. They arent really lying, just not telling the whole truth.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 10:35:54 AM »

Should do the A/C too, got to get the air in too, look at the site below.

http://www.latus-harley-davidson.com/mbbs2/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=108&posts=331&start=1

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 03:55:57 PM »

Hot Bike Baggers had a nice article on the various slipons available for the new motor , shows hp/torque and loudness for a number of popular models .. all done on a stage one.
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 20 queries.