Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Who makes Harley wheels  (Read 1903 times)

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
Who makes Harley wheels
« on: May 02, 2017, 09:31:29 AM »

I have an 09 SERG, the guys I bought it from WTS had a 21" wheel put on the front and it is a match to the stock rear wheel. Anyone know who makes the wheels? I need another one made of a different size?

BigLew

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
Re: Who makes Harley wheels
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 09:42:04 AM »

Silly you. Harley makes harley wheels   :huepfenjump3:    says so with their HD stamp of approval     :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
                       OOPS!   (maybe dat dar whuznut funny, idon't kare whoo ya arghhh)
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 09:49:18 AM »

I was gonna say Xi Jinping.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 09:51:11 AM »

You guys are as funny as a screen door on a submarine!

BigLew

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 08:41:47 PM »

Chuck @ Renegade Wheels can probably help you out on that front wheel. He had a yellow 09 SERG and I am pretty sure he cut a 21 to match the stock SERG wheels on his. Should be able to find a number on line.
Good guy, give him a call.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 08:49:44 PM »

About 10 years ago Mother Harley bought a company called Cast Alloy that had been a wheel supplier for them.  The company had gone in to receivership and was in (I think this is right) Adelaide, Australia.  Don't remember ever hearing much about that after it happened nor any news of the company later being folded or spun off.  So possibly still an in-house supplier.

ptnlinda

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 06:36:51 AM »

Yes Castalloy in Adelaide Australia
2015 FLHTKSE
Fuel Moto Jackpot Headers
2" Muffler Cores
Thunder Max ECM
Detachable's Kit
Stainless Fasteners throughout.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 01:27:09 PM »

Chuck @ Renegade Wheels can probably help you out on that front wheel. He had a yellow 09 SERG and I am pretty sure he cut a 21 to match the stock SERG wheels on his. Should be able to find a number on line.
Good guy, give him a call.
Hey Don it appears that Renegade says they make that wheel, it called a Rampage. don't make it in the size but they can. Wow its pricey!

BigLew

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 01:57:51 PM »

About 10 years ago Mother Harley bought a company called Cast Alloy that had been a wheel supplier for them.  The company had gone in to receivership and was in (I think this is right) Adelaide, Australia.  Don't remember ever hearing much about that after it happened nor any news of the company later being folded or spun off.  So possibly still an in-house supplier.

it was a couple of years ago that hd announced that it would be moving wheel production from Australia to china.  then in a surprise move, they reversed that decision and kept it there.  had a 4 year contract.  that should be expiring this year, so who knows what the future may hold.

https://nwhog.wordpress.com/2013/07/10/harley-davidson-reverses-decision-to-shutter-adaelaid-plant/
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2017, 02:19:53 PM »

When I was with Ford we got many of our aluminum wheels from Australia.  I always questioned that arrangement, since the wheels were shipped to the US from down under by ship and were subject to delays, port problems, etc.  Aluminum casting seems to move around the world just like chrome plating, to areas with less stringent environmental and safety rules.  I would expect most such work will wind up in China, if it already hasn't done so.

Fortunately for consumers there is a vast part of the planet where anything goes and labor is very cheap.  Unfortunately for those workers, they will get to deal with the safety and health issues.  Such is life in the global economy.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2017, 02:20:33 PM »

I have no idea of the cost, but I do understand that due to low demand they have to set-up and cut a wheel like that special. I would assume it would be at least $1200.00. I bought a set from Renegades from Chuck about 10 years ago for my SEEG, which he also had a yellow one of, and the quality and service was exceptional. I warped a couple sets of polished rotors pretty quickly. He stepped up and made me a set of matching floating ones, this was before they had started production of the floating ones I needed. He would not let me pay him. Good guy.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 03:13:30 PM »

I have no idea of the cost, but I do understand that due to low demand they have to set-up and cut a wheel like that special. I would assume it would be at least $1200.00. I bought a set from Renegades from Chuck about 10 years ago for my SEEG, which he also had a yellow one of, and the quality and service was exceptional. I warped a couple sets of polished rotors pretty quickly. He stepped up and made me a set of matching floating ones, this was before they had started production of the floating ones I needed. He would not let me pay him. Good guy.
How about $1850 + !!

BigLew

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2017, 04:11:39 PM »

Must cost a LOT to set-up for one. Whew that is to much in my opinion.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2017, 04:20:17 PM »

Yeah me too $380 just for set up

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 20 queries.