Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35

Author Topic: 2018 Models  (Read 89508 times)

smenard415

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange & Black
Re: 2018 Models
« Reply #330 on: August 23, 2017, 02:11:05 PM »

greetings,

I'm afraid I have to agree with Yellow Bird.  Damn $41,000+ for a CVO Roadglide w/o a tour pak.  What the hell???
My 2009 O/B CVO Roadglide is also paid for, has a tour pak, that great orange color that I still get comments on every time I take a ride and I too have the 117.  I just don't understand how HD can charge that much for a bike that's not much different then the Special models at much cheaper price (all though over priced as well).

I already bought a BMW R1200RT to ride while my twin cam takes it's yearly dump.  Maybe I'll buy a Roadglide Ultra for trips and just save the 2009 for playing around.  Damn I thought $28,000 was ridiculous when I bought this one.  I damn sure know that $41,000 is just not going to happen.

Oh, and like Yellow Bird I too love the screamin' chicken on the fairing.  No doubt that it's a CVO when you see the chicken.

:soapbox:

harleychef2011

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 Road King - Tribal Orange & Galactic Black
« Reply #331 on: August 23, 2017, 02:27:58 PM »

Ok, looked these over last night during the launch.  I formed an opinion first impression type deal but decided to sleep on it a bit and revisit this morning over the coffee.

The Fat Bob looks like something from Mad Max (which may appeal to the younger, not currently purchasing HD's, crowd) but it looks weird in a Diaval/MGX-21/prototype vein.

The Street Bob, Low Rider, Slim, Deluxe and Heritage Classic do not have the adjustable shock knob in the same location as the Fat Bob, Breakout and Fat Boy.  Where it B?  By the way, the oil tanks on the "softails" are fake now...just for looks.

The Fat Boy in either 107 or 114 looks very different from the front with the new headlight but something I can get used to....just different

Why does the MoCo consider hot rod looks to coincide with blacked out?  The RK, Street Glide and Road Glide specials have some interesting colors but only with blacked out mufflers and motors.  Looks OK but not all enjoy the blacked out looks and may want this bike but don't want to spend the extra to change it all to chrome? 

Why can't they offer some better stock paint jobs on the Freewheeler.  Pretty much always been black, red or blue since they were introduced.

Some of y'all like the denim/flat paint but I'm not a fan.  Chrome and shiny paint here.  At least they finally ran out of smurf sprinkles for the hard candy look.... ;D

The 115 anni bikes.  The anni Street Glide with that dang logo on the front faring looks like poo...not digging it at all.  The anni CVO Limited looks good to me and the best color of any of the CVO's for 2018.  I do like the red fade on the CVO limited but not at $43,000...sorry, $42,949.... >:(

I was hoping that they would do something with the Sportster line to upgrade the EVO based motor dating 1986 to something more modern however they keep on ticking so I guess why upset the apple cart.  I'm betting at some point the MoCo really wants to move everyone from a Sportster to the new Street.... :nixweiss:

Overall, the new frame for the "soft-dyna-tails" or "dynatails" looks interesting and a good effort for those models.  Time will tell how the monoshock works for those models.  Good power options in the 114 for some and the 117 for the CVO's which will be good, stock power for those that don't want to go the pipes/heads/cams/tune route on an already way overpriced scooter.  Colors are not the best this year and the only changes to the CVO are wireless headsets that, obviously, cost about $2,000 based on the price increase.

No disappointment here as I knew coming into it that there was nothing they introduced would make me trade in 2018....still love my 2015.  However, there were some interesting developments for 2018.  I will say that whomever is choosing the colors needs to be replaced before they start working on the 2019's.... :2vrolijk_21:

Where you seeing the 118th bikes??
2014 CVO Road King
V&H Power Duals
V&H Carbon Fiber Tip Pipes
HD Super Tuner & Dyno - 98.7 HP 112.9TQ
RoadTech 665 GPS
Mucho HD Add-Ons!!!

ultrarider123

« Reply #332 on: August 23, 2017, 02:30:40 PM »

I spoke with the sales manager at Bootlegger HD an hour ago.  Two customers had deposits on 2018's with one on a CVO Limited and the other on a Ultra/Limited (non CVO).  Both of them called this morning to cancel and get back their deposits (I know both of them).  The CVO guy has a 2013 SESG but wasn't happy with the color choices OR the price point on the 2018's so he will wait another year.  The other feller has a 2009 Ultra and was ready for a new bike and the new M8.  Color was his number one reason to wait another year.

My bet is this has happened all over the country this morning.....
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 02:34:50 PM by Haird »

ultrarider123

« Reply #333 on: August 23, 2017, 02:39:10 PM »

Where you seeing the 118th bikes??

I'm guessing you mean 115th anniversary bikes.

Here:
https://motorcycles.harley-davidson.com/
Scroll down just past halfway where it says "Limited Edition 115th anniversary motorcycles"
Looks to be 4 models with anni paint...fat boy, street glide, sportster and CVO Limited

ACfixer

• Global Warming Enthusiast
  • Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLSTSCi Springer
    • CVO3: Honda Pioneer 1000-5
« Reply #334 on: August 23, 2017, 02:47:44 PM »

I spoke with the sales manager at Bootlegger HD an hour ago.  Two customers had deposits on 2018's with one on a CVO Limited and the other on a Ultra/Limited (non CVO).  Both of them called this morning to cancel and get back their deposits... ...My bet is this has happened all over the country this morning.....

Well Haird, I didn't have a deposit down because I never want to tip my hand financially to someone taking my money... but the thought was in the back of my mind when my dealer told me "wait until you see what's up in '18!" Now that I know "what's up" I think I'll just do a preventative replacement of my lifters and continue to enjoy this bike as the good Lord intended. Fact is if someone asked me about getting into the HD touring game right now I'd probably tell them to go buy a late model 103 RGU or Ultra Limited with low miles for well under $20K and climb aboard. Proven platform, reasonable price, let's ride.
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue/Crushed Sapphire
15" Freedom shield - TTS Tuned by Fullsac - Fullsac DX pipe - 2.0 cores. 96HP - 113TQ

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #335 on: August 23, 2017, 03:22:32 PM »

greetings,

I'm afraid I have to agree with Yellow Bird.  Damn $41,000+ for a CVO Roadglide w/o a tour pak.  What the hell???
My 2009 O/B CVO Roadglide is also paid for, has a tour pak, that great orange color that I still get comments on every time I take a ride and I too have the 117.  I just don't understand how HD can charge that much for a bike that's not much different then the Special models at much cheaper price (all though over priced as well).

I already bought a BMW R1200RT to ride while my twin cam takes it's yearly dump.  Maybe I'll buy a Roadglide Ultra for trips and just save the 2009 for playing around.  Damn I thought $28,000 was ridiculous when I bought this one.  I damn sure know that $41,000 is just not going to happen.

Oh, and like Yellow Bird I too love the screamin' chicken on the fairing.  No doubt that it's a CVO when you see the chicken.

:soapbox:
Got that right!
Let me tell you what all you get for a 41k dollar vehicle in comparison.
I'm sure a personal view of the new bikes will make a difference but the website Pic's are not moving me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #336 on: August 23, 2017, 03:39:52 PM »

2018.  The year of the Batman CVOs?  :nixweiss: :nixweiss:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #337 on: August 23, 2017, 03:56:58 PM »

41 k , and they want set up and freight too,  :nixweiss:lmao

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #338 on: August 23, 2017, 04:08:00 PM »

::)
Anyone else picking up on the '"trend" demonstrated often in this posting.  Any guy out there that works in the paint shop at a body shop and is good with a paint gun has the potential to (make out financially) in the bike world.

It's (almost) ALL about the colors........the paint job and/or lack of an eye popping multicolored/pin striped/ clear coated sled.

Come to think of it,  it was the COLOR that caused me to fork out for a CVO red SE Ultra back in 2009.   Cause that damn red was almost a perfect match in color to my '39 Chevy streetrod and I just had to have it. :nixweiss:

It would seem to me that one could buy a (non) CVO model and hooking up with a good painter,  he could get an custom painted sled done exactly to his specs for a hell of a lot less than a CVO costs. :drink:

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #339 on: August 23, 2017, 04:09:52 PM »

Am I the only one not surprised at the lack luster offering of the Motor Company? The Pool Boy was right Big letdown for the masses. And you wonder why long time Harley Fans are looking hard at the Indians. Don you just beat the rush!
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
« Reply #340 on: August 23, 2017, 04:13:17 PM »

I am trying to remember what I paid for my previous CVOs.... not at home, so can't look it up... but it seems that the new ones are a bit of a jump...

But that Gunship Gray is a beauty!!!  At least until they decide on bringing back a decent blue one...

Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #341 on: August 23, 2017, 05:23:13 PM »

I am trying to remember what I paid for my previous CVOs.... not at home, so can't look it up... but it seems that the new ones are a bit of a jump...

But that Gunship Gray is a beauty!!!  At least until they decide on bringing back a decent blue one...

Sorry, but in my world the only thing nice about it is the seat!

To each their own.
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

b407driver

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra
« Reply #342 on: August 23, 2017, 05:32:04 PM »

41 k , and they want set up and freight too,  :nixweiss:lmao

Speaking of freight, does anyone know what the freight charges are for the '18's? Can't find it anywhere on the website.....I figure the dealers will attempt to charge an arm & a leg if it's not listed. Tried to find the price on the ABS option too.....

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #343 on: August 23, 2017, 05:44:39 PM »

Sorry, but in my world the only thing nice about it is the seat!

To each their own.
Agree.  The seat is quite nice.  As for the rest - yuk.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Toofast_28

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #344 on: August 23, 2017, 05:57:36 PM »

Agree.  The seat is quite nice.  As for the rest - yuk.

Not sure if you guys have seen bikes from BX Customs (the bike exchange) but they basically copied the BX seat.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 21 queries.