Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harley Boom Infotainment System and Streaming online Music from iPhone  (Read 4079 times)

Maczter

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, but my search did not find anything.  I synced my iPhone to my '16 CVO RGU yesterday.  It detected there was no media present, as I don't use it for storing songs.  Is it possible to use the iPhone to connect to Pandora or another music service and stream it via Bluetooth?  I have found no instructions on it.  I have the aux port Harley makes, but have not yest installed it.  Thought I remembered someone stating I could do it through Bluetooth, but am confused as to how.  Thanks in advance.
2016 CVO RGU, Stardust Silver/Palladium Silver, VH Pipes and American Custom headers, VH Tuner, Klock Werks windshield, Harley Boom II Sound System

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra

I have the same setup you are working with, same bike, iPhone. Yes it is possible, I use iHeartRadio and sync the phone using Bluetooth, but the phone will play music using the USB port also. Sync the phone before starting your ride and it will sync automatically from there on. When it syncs it will start the channel that was playing when you quit the last time and you can skip songs by pushing the left toggle to the right. You can't go back to the previous song or change channels, if you try it will kick back out to a radio station. Oh, and if a phone call comes in it will kill the music and you will have to stop and restart the music at the phone.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

Maczter

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

What setting on the HD system do you use?  Is it the media setting?  Or is it "automatic" if the phone is streaming.
2016 CVO RGU, Stardust Silver/Palladium Silver, VH Pipes and American Custom headers, VH Tuner, Klock Werks windshield, Harley Boom II Sound System

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

It will take 10 seconds or so to load up and then choose media , and if you have a iPod or data stick in the USB plug it will ask you to choose the phone or iPod, choose phone and rock on.
If I am stopping for just a few minutes I will shut the engine down and push the trigger button and put the bike in accy position letting the music to continue with the volume turned down. By doing this I don't have to restart the music at the phone. When the phone senses the draw from the bike has stopped after a few seconds it puts itself on pause. Also note that if you lose a cell tower the phone kills the streaming and you have to restart the phone again.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 01:16:18 PM by King Glide »
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

Maczter

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

Crap...still does not work.  I tried with Bluetooth off and just reading the phone, no streaming there either.  The iPhone detects it as a headset and won't let me control the volume through the phone, and only through the bike.  Am I missing something?  I toggle the screen on the bike to media, and it should detect the stream correct?  Does it have to be connected via the lightning cable, or Bluetooth, or both?

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, but my search did not find anything.  I synced my iPhone to my '16 CVO RGU yesterday.  It detected there was no media present, as I don't use it for storing songs.  Is it possible to use the iPhone to connect to Pandora or another music service and stream it via Bluetooth?  I have found no instructions on it.  I have the aux port Harley makes, but have not yest installed it.  Thought I remembered someone stating I could do it through Bluetooth, but am confused as to how.  Thanks in advance.
I have my iPhone connected via Bluetooth and stream Pandora through the radio, once you start on your ride go to media and your iPhone should be there if paired correctly, then selected it and start Pandora on your phone, the only thing I don't like about it if you want to skip a song, you have to do it on your phone, the radio controls will not control it other than volume as far as I know, you also want to make sure the volume is turned up on the iPhone as well, I also use a UBS jump drive with music on it and leave it plugged into the UBS connector so when your in the hills and loose cell service and cant stream Pandora you can select the jump drive in Media and play from it. 
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

Start over remove the sync, turn on Bluetooth on the phone, and pair the two, I think that's what you are missing, start streaming on the phone, go to bike start with the radio on playing from a station. Choose media and the phone, it should play but will take a few seconds to start, give it 15 seconds or so. Control volume and skip a song only using the joystick.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 03:32:34 PM by King Glide »
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

Maczter

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

Weird this was, I had a loaner CVO while mine was in the shop.  It paired but would not stream.  Got mine back and just paired it...streams great and shows the song details on the screen.  Thanks for the advice guys, worked great on my bike.  My loaner was a '16 with 420 miles on it.  Guy bought it and traded it back in.  The rear speakers were hosed on it, so I am thinking there may have been bigger issues with the who stereo system.  Thanks again.

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

I'm glad it's worked out for you. It's a great alternative to seriius radio for commercial free music as long as there is a cell tower close. Don't forget you can skip songs by pushing the joystick to the right.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper

I'm glad it's worked out for you. It's a great alternative to seriius radio for commercial free music as long as there is a cell tower close. Don't forget you can skip songs by pushing the joystick to the right.
Your correct King Glide on skipping songs with the joystick, for about a year I have been skipping with the phone (not real easy while riding) after your comment on this thread I went out and tried it, it work , thank you for your advice, it makes it a lot easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 24 queries.