Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: VIN Info needed  (Read 3156 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: VIN Info needed
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2007, 07:40:23 PM »

Not that it matters, you guys are welcome to wander all over the lot and chat about any topic you choose, but I spoke to dude named Pete in the MoCo's Antiques and restoration section and got everything I needed to know. The parts were ordered yesterday.

OK, back to adventures of Sgt Preston of the Yukon  :vrolijk_11:

B B

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2007, 08:43:42 PM »

Not that it matters, you guys are welcome to wander all over the lot and chat about any topic you choose....got everything I needed to know. The parts were ordered yesterday.

B B

Hey Spiderman thanks, that’s generous of you; we won't let you down.

Hey dj, if that were a Cat, this wouln't have happened.  :nixweiss:

JD...fellow sled head. Tcat & T660 ;D

It is kind of a funny coincidence that the buried machine pictured in BigFun.jpg is a ’07 M800 Cat. You must have been referring to BigFun4; my 05 RT1000 Summit. Every now and then a riders judgment becomes compromised by a little shot if testosterone. Not a hell of a lot that can be done about it; it simply can’t be avoided; that’s why I carry a shovel.

I’m with you on the performance of the late model Cat; they are remarkable. Polaris has done a remarkable job turning things around for ’07 as well.

In order to keep this thread on topic, one of us will have to go back and check our VIN. Since I did it on the last go-around, it would be most appropriate if you ran your VIN for open recalls. It's not absolutely necessary to PM Spiderman with the results of your VIN inquiry; he says that he's good to go.

Good luck, JD…..BTW, are you a Sergeant?? :)

Weedhopper First Class djkak of the Frozen Tundra

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2007, 08:54:25 PM »

Not that it matters, you guys are welcome to wander all over the lot and chat about any topic you choose, but I spoke to dude named Pete in the MoCo's Antiques and restoration section and got everything I needed to know. The parts were ordered yesterday.

B B

Hey B B, what'd you wind up doing for a clutch? Stock '85 diaphragm? Rear chain or belt? Just curious what they recommended for the rebuild. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2007, 09:04:02 PM »

It's an 84 part # Howie, looks a lot like the one I had that wouldn't work which was basically 03 stuff and up. I bought the geared down Screamin Eagle primary gear and chain and shipped the whole works off with the hydraulics to a buddy in Maine I had been helping with a wishbone frame 110 Rev Tech 6-speed rigid. He didn't have any primary innards. Only thing I've got left from this project is the weird tranny. I need to get $400 for it and I'm good. I'll E-bay it.
      Belt final drive since we have the belt and rear pulley. I learned a lot talking to the MoCo as I stated and this bike is worth some solid money in OEM condition. That's where I'm headed with it.  I told Stoneman if he wants a lot of new technology, I have told him to post this bike for sale on E-Bay and buy what he wants vice where I was orginally headed.

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2007, 09:11:51 PM »

It's an 84 part # Howie, looks a lot like the one I had that wouldn't work which was basically 03 stuff and up. I bought the geared down Screamin Eagle primary gear and chain and shipped the whole works off with the hydraulics to a buddy in Maine I had been helping with a wishbone frame 110 Rev Tech 6-speed rigid. He didn't have any primary innards. Only thing I've got left from this project is the weird tranny. I need to get $400 for it and I'm good. I'll E-bay it.
      Belt final drive since we have the belt and rear pulley. I learned a lot talking to the MoCo as I stated and this bike is worth some solid money in OEM condition. That's where I'm headed with it.  I told Stoneman if he wants a lot of new technology, I have told him to post this bike for sale on E-Bay and buy what he wants vice where I was orginally headed.

B B

Good deal, should be nice when you're through. Make sure you get a trans main shaft for a belt drive. There are 2 mainshafts that year. The chain drive mainshaft is a little shorter and will not work with a belt. I know, since mine is now a chain drive. Got a deal on a gearset I couldn't refuse! Not enough threads on the shaft to get a belt pulley on it. Good luck B, wouldn't mind seeing your progress and finished product pics! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2007, 09:17:23 PM »

Good deal, should be nice when you're through. Make sure you get a trans main shaft for a belt drive. There are 2 mainshafts that year. The chain drive mainshaft is a little shorter and will not work with a belt. I know, since mine is now a chain drive. Got a deal on a gearset I couldn't refuse! Not enough threads on the shaft to get a belt pulley on it. Good luck B, wouldn't mind seeing your progress and finished product pics! Hoist! 8)

Yeah, the MoCo guy gave me the heads up on the mainshaft and since we're replacing both shafts, it wasn't an issue.

I'll take some pics and e-mail em to you, I can manage that  LOL

B B

harlez4me

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2007, 10:29:31 PM »

Hey Spiderman thanks, that’s generous of you; we won't let you down.

It is kind of a funny coincidence that the buried machine pictured in BigFun.jpg is a ’07 M800 Cat. You must have been referring to BigFun4; my 05 RT1000 Summit. Every now and then a riders judgment becomes compromised by a little shot if testosterone. Not a hell of a lot that can be done about it; it simply can’t be avoided; that’s why I carry a shovel.

I’m with you on the performance of the late model Cat; they are remarkable. Polaris has done a remarkable job turning things around for ’07 as well.

In order to keep this thread on topic, one of us will have to go back and check our VIN. Since I did it on the last go-around, it would be most appropriate if you ran your VIN for open recalls. It's not absolutely necessary to PM Spiderman with the results of your VIN inquiry; he says that he's good to go.

Good luck, JD…..BTW, are you a Sergeant?? :)
Weedhopper First Class djkak of the Frozen Tundra

Nope, but I have been a Jr. and Sr. Warden and been in the east.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 25 queries.