Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vibration at 75  (Read 1313 times)

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 SESG
Vibration at 75
« on: July 08, 2017, 10:36:33 PM »

I have a 16 cvo sg with 31xx miles on it. The wife and I were on vacation this week and we rode the bikes up north on Thursday came home Friday with a small stretch on the freeway both days. Went for a ride today with some friends and wound up farther from home then planned. We hit the freeway to come home and today when I hit 75 I got really bad vibration in the bars. At 60 there has always been a vibration in the engine guard and highway pegs but today was the first time I felt it in the bars, only at 75 any other speed was fine. Anyone else have a problem like this? I have had the bike since new and never a problem, had it at 80 a few times prior to today but today was the first time with a vibration in the bars. Might have to take it to the dealer and have them check it out under warranty.

Thanks
Kevin

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

Re: Vibration at 75
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 10:50:52 PM »

I have a 16 cvo sg with 31xx miles on it. The wife and I were on vacation this week and we rode the bikes up north on Thursday came home Friday with a small stretch on the freeway both days. Went for a ride today with some friends and wound up farther from home then planned. We hit the freeway to come home and today when I hit 75 I got really bad vibration in the bars. At 60 there has always been a vibration in the engine guard and highway pegs but today was the first time I felt it in the bars, only at 75 any other speed was fine. Anyone else have a problem like this? I have had the bike since new and never a problem, had it at 80 a few times prior to today but today was the first time with a vibration in the bars. Might have to take it to the dealer and have them check it out under warranty.

Thanks
Kevin

Stock bars ?

Though you have TPMS...Low tire pressure?

Neck bearings may need to be re torqued

Who's your dealer in MKE ?
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 11:00:07 PM »

Yes stock bars and both tires and inflated to proper specs. I bought the bikes from ukes in Kenosha but I go back and forth between them and Racine Harley. The salesman I bought the bike from now works at Racine.

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 11:06:27 PM »

Yes stock bars and both tires and inflated to proper specs. I bought the bikes from ukes in Kenosha but I go back and forth between them and Racine Harley. The salesman I bought the bike from now works at Racine.

Racine's mother store House of Harley in Greenfield has a tech Rich Hartnell, Rich is a great tech.  should be a relatively simple fix.
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 11:10:28 PM »

Start with wheel balance.

fos41

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 10:59:37 AM »

Wheel balance! Bought a new tire and installed at a Jap dealer few years ago bike immediatly developed a viberation wih new rubber on rear. Go back for warrenty learned from the service mgr. sarcasticly told me tire was out 2 oz. he went ahead and re-balanced anyway I would not feel 2 oz`s in  opinion. Moral of story is attention to detail from shop and mechanics.!

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 11:42:04 AM »

Wonder if a back tire would cause this problem. Had the bike in last Monday for a rear tpm that went bad. I'll call them tomorrow and see if I can get it back in.

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 02:29:46 PM »

My money is on that this is the culprit.

Wonder if a back tire would cause this problem. Had the bike in last Monday for a rear tpm that went bad. I'll call them tomorrow and see if I can get it back in.

txn.style

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Black Licorice with Midnight Cobalt Flames
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 07:41:56 AM »

I will tell you that I have had bad vibration in my handlebars of my old 2011 SG and then my front tire fell on the axel and would have probable killed me had I not been going 25 mph. Your 2016 CVO SG should have no vibration at throttle. I can cruise comfortable over 100 mph.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 08:11:23 AM »

I once developed a similar vibration on my 07 SEUC.  Replacing the wheel bearings cured the problem...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 06:09:35 PM »

What does Front tire fell on the axel (Axle) mean. Did your wheel break? or did a wheel bearing fail totally (Seems almost impossible due to sealed bearing with race)? Please provide more info.

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 24 queries.