Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dash light for spot lights  (Read 670 times)

itsmine

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • RI

dash light for spot lights
« on: July 12, 2017, 10:17:50 PM »

i have a 15 limited. a friend of mine has a 15 ultra. he and I were talking about how the spot lights go out when you turn on your high beams. and I was telling him how I didn't know my spots were off when we were riding. he told me the light on the dash tells you they are on and I said what light and he showed me the light on hid dash. I have the same idiot light on mine but it doesn't light up when the spots are turned on.so my question is, any one else notice this on theirs?? or is my bulb not working??

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: dash light for spot lights
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 08:48:39 AM »

Sounds like yours isn't working.

Btw, if you take it by the dealership to see about that light, ask them about changing a setting to allow the spots to stay on with the high beams.  If it's something you or your friend want to do, it's a simple setting in the BCM on the Rushmore bikes.  Older models required a simple wiring change.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

coloradotom

• Senior CVO Member
    • CO

Re: dash light for spot lights
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 09:56:17 AM »

and I was telling him how I didn't know my spots were off when we were riding.

In the days before idiot lights you used to be able to ride behind a car or a truck and look at the reflection to see if they were on.

And the portable cash registers may have you making a donation if you do this mod. Here they would, not sure in other states if they'd bother you. It isn't legal to have low beams and high beams on at the same time and that's why the factory sets it so.

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 24 queries.