Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Bikes starting to arrive  (Read 7587 times)

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Bikes starting to arrive
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2007, 11:14:41 PM »

Yeppers John as of today.. according to Harley your bike is still supposed to be shipped in mid March ...and if your going to want to take advantage of that special we have going right now 20% off accesssories and 50% off labor you best be letting Chris know what your going to want on that BAD BOY  :mango:

Bubba

Thanks Bubba.  Great news.  Once you get an exact date you can let me know and we can begin to take care of the "details".....  I'll get the catalog out ;D relative to the parts and accessories!!!
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2007, 11:22:43 PM »

Thanks Bubba.  Great news.  Once you get an exact date you can let me know and we can begin to take care of the "details".....  I'll get the catalog out ;D relative to the parts and accessories!!!

Here we go John, it's starting. Get that checkbook and camera ready! Enjoy the process, you don't get to do it that often! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2007, 11:48:00 PM »

Everybody's welcome, Red.  By the way, if you're going to York, we'll need to meet up and ride up together, deal?
Tony
As of now, I just left a message for TwoLane to put me and the mrs. on the alternate list...and heck yeah, we can ride up together. I don't know if we'll be spending the night, I'll have to work those details out with the Mrs.

Cheers  :2vrolijk_21:,
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2007, 11:53:33 PM »

Red, where have you been man? Don set this up months ago. We were worried cause of the strike, but everything's cool. There were limited spots for the private CVO tour and Don got us in. Man, I thought you saw it in the Events Section. PM Don and get your name on the alternate list in case someone cancels. If not, a bunch of other alternates are coming anyway. We'll be together for everything but the CVO tour, so you'll still be with the whole group! ;) Hoist! 8)

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php/topic,10325.0.html
I've been sleeping apparently. :(  I can't believe I read about that...well, I've asked to be put on the alternate list.  I don't know if we'll spend any nights up there, but will hopefully make it up for the tour...I'll have to work out the specifics with the Mrs.

Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
Red

2012 FLHXSE3

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2007, 09:56:30 AM »

Here we go John, it's starting. Get that checkbook and camera ready! Enjoy the process, you don't get to do it that often! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)

Hoist,

Thanks.  Glad to see the strike was settled and things will get back to normal.  Now I have to get busy picking out the initial mods that Bubba's shop will do  (probably just accessories, I think I am going to break it in stock for the first few hundred miles to cover any two year warranty issues ;D

Your SERK looks great.  I checked out the pics in your thread.  You have to be really happy the way things are coming together for you.

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2007, 09:59:43 AM »

Hoist,

Thanks.  Glad to see the strike was settled and things will get back to normal.  Now I have to get busy picking out the initial mods that Bubba's shop will do  (probably just accessories, I think I am going to break it in stock for the first few hundred miles to cover any two year warranty issues ;D

Your SERK looks great.  I checked out the pics in your thread.  You have to be really happy the way things are coming together for you.
CB,
How far away from Bubba are you?  Will you be doing your warranty work there?  If so, I wouldn't worry about riding it stock for warranty issues.  I think they'll cover you, as long as they did the mods.  You want to get the 110 breathing right and open it up.  I personally wouldn't ride it stock for 5 miles, but that's just my opinion.
Red

2012 FLHXSE3

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2007, 10:10:45 AM »

thanks for the info, i'm guessing those must have been on trucks loaded up and ready to leave york at the time of the lockout

So much for the image that HD trys to portray during the factory tours.......that it's a "family". :nixweiss:  Then again, maybe they're like more families than we know. :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2007, 11:05:40 AM »

Hoist,

Thanks John. So far the bike is better than I thought it was going to be. You're gonna love it. But I did find that it's better for the bike and more fun to get the bike running properly and not worry, than to leave it alone and worry about the bike and w.....ty! Have fun with the whole process! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2007, 11:11:38 AM »

CB,
How far away from Bubba are you?  Will you be doing your warranty work there?  If so, I wouldn't worry about riding it stock for warranty issues.  I think they'll cover you, as long as they did the mods.  You want to get the 110 breathing right and open it up.  I personally wouldn't ride it stock for 5 miles, but that's just my opinion.
Red

Red,

I am in Dallas, TX and Bubba is in KY, so initially, they will not do much of the warranty work.  I will be relocating to Nashville in a couple of years, so when that happens, he will be the guy!  (its about 120 miles from Nashville to Paducah).

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2007, 12:37:32 PM »

Red,

I am in Dallas, TX and Bubba is in KY, so initially, they will not do much of the warranty work.  I will be relocating to Nashville in a couple of years, so when that happens, he will be the guy!  (its about 120 miles from Nashville to Paducah).
Okay, that's a ways away for warranty work then.  I'll bet the local stealers probably will tell you they won't honor the warranty, even if you have them do the mods. And the hidden reason will be because you didn't buy the bike from them. :(
Red

2012 FLHXSE3

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2007, 02:23:44 PM »

Okay, that's a ways away for warranty work then.  I'll bet the local stealers probably will tell you they won't honor the warranty, even if you have them do the mods. And the hidden reason will be because you didn't buy the bike from them. :(
Red

I guess I have been really lucky on the last 3 Screaming Eagles that I have purchased as No Warranty issues have came up that would involve a dealer even contemplating if he was going to do a warranty or not. My 2006 SEUC will be going in for Heated Grip warranty but if a dealer had the gonads to turn that down because I have a different exhaust or cams, oh well he ain't the right dealer to be doing business with. I know and understand that the 07 Screaming Eagles are having some issues with the motor running warmer than it should so I guess what I am writing may not even pertain to 07 owners, I feel for you guys.

I use to take out the extended warranties and I just find it a waste of money:
1) I never keep a scooter longer than 3 years
2) I always make all types of mods - exhaust, cams etc
3) No major failures in last 6 years - really no claims after the 2 year standard warranty again on average keep the scoot for maybe 3 years
4) I don't buy insurance at the black jack table (suckers bet)

Different strokes for different folks but sometimes guys get caught up in riding a stock Harley for all the reason of a warranty that probably will never be used in the first place. If you buy the 7 year Extended warranty that's over $1k in insurance in my mind. For the $1k I would rather make mods and take my chances that I will not have issues and if I do, I hope my dealer helps me or I guess I fund the repair myself. Again in the past actually the last 4 scoots I have owned only had 1 somewhat big warranty issue 2000 RKC cam bearings and the MoCo even took care of it after 1 year warranty was up.

I realize the 110" guys have some additional worries, so maybe my thought process won't work for all of us - Good Luck Guys

jeffj
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 02:26:05 PM by jeffj »

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2007, 07:44:26 PM »

Red

Red,

That is one reason I will wait to do any mods to the engine.  I will however have my selling dealer add some other accessories to give them the shot at that profit center.  I also have a great relationship with two dealers here in Texas. They could not get me the bike, and since it is a CVO, and they are tough to come by for almost all dealers, I really don't think they will care.  I have already mentioned it to them and they are more than happy to service it for me. :orange:

I guess I'm pretty fortunate to have sucess with more than one dealer.  The folks at Four Rivers were all great to me when I went in to drop off my deposit check.  I usually live by the golden rule in that you treat people like you want to be treated, things sometimes work out pretty well.   

Believe me, I know that is not the case at some of the HD retail outlets. I have read many a post in quite a few forums where the customer was treated like he/she was a moron..  I am in the automobile business and let me tell you, all dealers are not created equal ???  I guess I have had the good fortune to have met three pretty good stores to do business with. :jalapeno: 

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2007, 07:54:17 PM »

Red,

That is one reason I will wait to do any mods to the engine.  I will however have my selling dealer add some other accessories to give them the shot at that profit center.  I also have a great relationship with two dealers here in Texas. They could not get me the bike, and since it is a CVO, and they are tough to come by for almost all dealers, I really don't think they will care.  I have already mentioned it to them and they are more than happy to service it for me. :orange:

I guess I'm pretty fortunate to have sucess with more than one dealer.  The folks at Four Rivers were all great to me when I went in to drop off my deposit check.  I usually live by the golden rule in that you treat people like you want to be treated, things sometimes work out pretty well.   

Believe me, I know that is not the case at some of the HD retail outlets. I have read many a post in quite a few forums where the customer was treated like he/she was a moron..  I am in the automobile business and let me tell you, all dealers are not created equal ???  I guess I have had the good fortune to have met three pretty good stores to do business with. :jalapeno: 

John if you get along with your local dealer and they just couldn't get you the bike, you should have one of them do the mods, instead of waiting. It sounds like they'll back you up. Why wait? You've seen everthing here in the last few months about these engines. You'll be helping your bike, not hurting it. And maybe saving the dealer from having to do any w.....ty work at all. You're not waiting 2 years to do the work. So why wait at all. Just trying to understand the waiting thing. I'll save breaking your chops for something else! ::) Hoist! 8)

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2007, 09:23:16 PM »

John if you get along with your local dealer and they just couldn't get you the bike, you should have one of them do the mods, instead of waiting. It sounds like they'll back you up. Why wait? You've seen everthing here in the last few months about these engines. You'll be helping your bike, not hurting it. And maybe saving the dealer from having to do any w.....ty work at all. You're not waiting 2 years to do the work. So why wait at all. Just trying to understand the waiting thing. I'll save breaking your chops for something else! ::) Hoist! 8)

I bet they could have gotten him a bike but maybe not at MSRP or in a timely manor ...we are doing both and would also like to do his upgrades ...it just seems fair....loyalty is a two way street.

Bubba
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 09:29:26 PM by KentuckyHarleyDude »
" Why Johnny Ringo ...you look like somone just ..walked across your grave"

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2007, 09:26:29 PM »

CB,
I agree with Howie.  If you've got that good of a relationship with the local dealers, have them do the exhaust mods.  They sound like they will cover the warranty.  They sound like my dealer that I always buy from, but couldn't get my CVO at.  He understood completely that I went elsewhere.  He stated, you gotta get them where you can.  They're hard to find, if they aren't already spoken for, so I'm sure I can go back to his dealership and he will honor my warranty also...but the dealership that I did get my CVO from is only about 15 miles further away, so it's not a big deal to go to them, and they've treated me right so far.   But you've got to make those exhaust mods and get that 110 breathing right...

Red

2012 FLHXSE3

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 24 queries.