Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: Best Battery? Need a new one!  (Read 22845 times)

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
Re: Best Battery? Need a new one!
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2008, 05:53:26 PM »

This has to be one of the most hilarious threads I have ever read on the site.  Thanks for the posts on batteries, tires and the historical information on Winston!!

I have not ridden my bike since November and did not us a B/T on the battery.  I went to ride it 3 weeks ago and the bike is dead.  I bought a B/T 2 weeks ago and battery will not even take a charge.   Dealer said I should bring it in and have them charge it but I think I am just going to buy a new battery and chalk it up to my mistake.  I agree I do not want to be stuck on the side of the road with a battery I do not have confidence in.   Hoist mentioned possible damage/ concerns with the electrical system.  Is anyone aware of something I should look for once I put a new battery in?  I will follow 4 step procedure when changing battery.

Thanks.. TMAC  :coolblue:

A battery tender will "not" chrg a dead battery. Try using a charger first, then see if it will hold a chrg.

Dave
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2008, 09:16:30 AM »

My 2000 Deuce, now owned by a friend and always on the battery tender, still has its original battery and fires right up.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2008, 11:58:54 AM »

My 2000 Deuce, now owned by a friend and always on the battery tender, still has its original battery and fires right up.
Wow!  You sure he hasn't slipped a new one in when you weren't looking?  I know the GeezerGlides with all the added electric robbing stuff on 'em won't last as long as a Deuce, but me and D00d are trying, anyway.  I'm still on the Fall of '03 battery in the Huckleberry.   :o :nervous: :-\  har!  :drink: (I just hope I don't end up riding 'bitch' on Maude while in Daytona)  :'( spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2008, 08:38:20 PM »

Spyder, I called Jenni a couple weeks ago to see if she'd ship batteries.  Wouldn't you know it, she was off and due to return this past Monday.  I kept forgetting all d@mn week to call her back.  I'll be in the car for 3 hours on Monday, so I'll try to remember then. ::)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2008, 10:52:03 PM »

Spyder, I called Jenni a couple weeks ago to see if she'd ship batteries.  Wouldn't you know it, she was off and due to return this past Monday.  I kept forgetting all d@mn week to call her back.  I'll be in the car for 3 hours on Monday, so I'll try to remember then. ::)

I wonder........I was just informed by a local indy shop that their cost on batteries is getting a significant per cent cost increase shortly, so I better do something soon to get the current price even w/o a discount.  Probably when I return from the Daytona Run.  I'm due  a new one soon......I read the post that D00d put up in it's entirety from BatteryTender and they're saying avg. life of a battery when kept on the tender is: 5 to 7 years, and they'd change batterys every 5 years......so, that would be what I'm coming up on next Fall.   :2vrolijk_21:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2008, 11:01:23 PM »

I wonder........I was just informed by a local indy shop that their cost on batteries is getting a significant per cent cost increase shortly, so I better do something soon to get the current price even w/o a discount.  Probably when I return from the Daytona Run.  I'm due  a new one soon......I read the post that D00d put up in it's entirety from BatteryTender and they're saying avg. life of a battery when kept on the tender is: 5 to 7 years, and they'd change batterys every 5 years......so, that would be what I'm coming up on next Fall.   :2vrolijk_21:  spyder
Inspire me.... Go for five years and I'll do it too. ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2008, 06:25:38 PM »

Spyder, no problems getting a battery from Jenni and thanks to Chuck, I didn't have to hunt her down on account of her recent job change. :2vrolijk_21:  Just in case you didn't see the posts, she's at Tri-County H-D in Cincinatti, OH, 513-874-4343.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2008, 06:42:10 PM »

P.S.  Now you have no excuse to play battery "chicken" like Fired00d. ;D

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2008, 06:46:59 PM »

P.S.  Now you have no excuse to play battery "chicken" like Fired00d. ;D

:P :P I was pretty much convinced to get one this year (4yrs w/original), but now you've challenged me. :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2008, 06:26:19 PM »

:P :P I was pretty much convinced to get one this year (4yrs w/original), but now you've challenged me. :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Yep, he challenged us both.  And I just finished the Daytona Run with the late '03 battery and it held up just fine.  I'm like Kramer w/ the car salesman trying to run on empty........I'm going for it now!  :2vrolijk_21: har!  spyder

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2008, 06:31:24 PM »

Yep, he challenged us both.  And I just finished the Daytona Run with the late '03 battery and it held up just fine.  I'm like Kramer w/ the car salesman trying to run on empty........I'm going for it now!  :2vrolijk_21: har!  spyder
That's what I'm talking about. :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2008, 09:57:24 PM »

Don't forget the CVOHarley Rescue Trailer Thread then Spyd! ::) :P ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2008, 10:05:59 PM »

Don't forget the CVOHarley Rescue Trailer Thread then Spyd! ::) :P ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Somewhere around here Gary said he loves the challenge or the thrill or whatever that riding around on a 3/4 shot to hell battery provides, so I told him I'd wave, but keep cruising right on by whenever I saw his broken down butt on the side of the road 'cuz I wouldn't want to be the one to bring a premature end to the fun he was havin'. 8) :o ;D

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2008, 10:12:48 PM »

Somewhere around here Gary said he loves the challenge or the thrill or whatever that riding around on a 3/4 shot to hell battery provides, so I told him I'd wave, but keep cruising right on by whenever I saw his broken down butt on the side of the road 'cuz I wouldn't want to be the one to bring a premature end to the fun he was havin'. 8) :o ;D

I ain't even worried about that. You wouldn't leave me stranded no way, no how. :huepfenlol2: You wouldn't want to give up the photo op of me riding B... SR w/you. ;)

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2008, 03:28:57 PM »

You wouldn't want to give up the photo op of me riding B... SR w/you.
  Now THAT would worth saying:

:worthless:  :worthless:

2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.