Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ceramic coating  (Read 699 times)

islandhog

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

• CVO1: 2018 Anniversary Limited CVO
Ceramic coating
« on: January 05, 2018, 08:21:30 PM »

has anyone had their bike done with the ceramic coating yet and if so how do you like it

zigzag930

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '15 CVO RGU (FLTRUSE) Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset: Hertz HCX165; FuelMoto Stainless 2-1-2; RCX 4.5; TTS Mastertune; SuperShox; Custom Dynamic Ringz, Freedom Shield
Re: Ceramic coating
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 11:14:16 PM »

I guess it would depend how much the cost, but in my case I feel it was well worth the investment.  Only been about six months so far, but seems to be holding up well.

Here is some info to consider:
1) I paid about $350 for a complete detail of the bike, ceramic coating and then hydro coating
2) Ceramic (or any coating that I'm aware of) does not eliminate having to wash (or other method) of cleaning the bike of bugs, dirt, etc.  They do however come off easier.
3) Bike shines like it has been waxed as soon as I rinse AND dry the bike properly.

Hope this helps.
J

BTW:  You could have a look at my post about ceramic coating Lucielle...
https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=112846.0
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 11:17:32 PM by zigzag930 »

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Ceramic coating
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 03:02:12 PM »

I was given a sample of Pinnacle about 2 years ago. If you bought this product it is $199.95 for a bottle. I applied it totally as directed. It produced a very nice shine. It does not preclude washing the bike to remove dust, dirt, bugs etc. It does make washing pretty easy, all foreign surfaces clean effortlessly.
I would not buy it even though it was easier to apply after making the bike totally spotless and scratch free than regular wax would be but the final product was no better than fresh carnauba wax properly applied to a clean scratch free surface. And the clean, scratch/swirl free surface is the big deal, anything you don't correct prior to application of final ceramic is still going to show.
$200 for a wax is just the start, the stuff for the wheels is $59.95, the product for the glass is $59.95 (not really applicable here but for a car), the spot detailer is $39.95 etc, and you are warned to within a inch of your life to only use certified products on your surface, even their $29.95 soap) So if you get someone to completely detail your bike, properly prep and seal the bike, chrome, wheels and paint, then apply the ceramic coating for $350.00 you basically have broke even on what the products cost. Or they skipped a few steps.
Not for me, I clean bike weekly and wax regularly so I just see no need, but to each his own.

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 24 queries.