Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help dont know which way to go  (Read 1282 times)

DavRex

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Help dont know which way to go
« on: February 28, 2007, 01:05:28 PM »

Hi All, Ok I have decided to go with either the Zippers 575 or the Freedom FCC14. Heres where I need help, I have an 05 SE Fat Boy with a Rinehart 2 into 1 and the SERT. I have a S&S gear drive ready to go in. I only want to do this once, I'm not changing the heads, I dont need a rocket but I do want to wake up this engine a bit. I hear alot about the oil pump should I change this while I'm having the cams installed. I ride between 2K-4K RPM and I like to show off a little bit (Bike Nights) I read alot of posts and it looks like there is a difference with the two cams since the fatboy is lighter than the baggers out there is one better then the other. I also like the looks of the Rinehart exhaust, can I use this exhaust with Zippers Auto tune?
The bottom line is I need HELP

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Help dont know which way to go
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 01:14:32 PM »

...... I hear alot about the oil pump should I change this while I'm having the cams installed. ....
If you're not doing the install yourself and you want to make sure that there hasn't been any damage done to oil pump from parts of the tensioners I would definitely suggest changing the oil pump while the bike is tore down. The oil pump is right there and will be easy to replace. If you are doing the install or you can have whoever is doing it stop the process so you can examine the tensioners for wear and feel comfortable that none of the plastic parts could have come off and ended up in your oil pump then don't change it. I would suggest also adding the Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim (or equivalent) either if you keep the stock oil pump or upgrade to Feuling.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

DavRex

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 06:54:34 PM »

Thanks alot. Which cam do you think would work the best with the Fatboy

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 03:59:26 AM »

Thanks alot. Which cam do you think would work the best with the Fatboy

I have the zippers 575 in mine & think it works well considering these 103's have very low compression. From what I have read here there is not too much difference between them but no 2 engines are the same either. I would like to see the results with the freedom cams fitted as I dont think anyone here with a 'B' motor has posted any results. Also like 'dood' mentioned the feuling super pump & zippers shim are a must do.

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 04:53:21 PM »

Hi All, Ok I have decided to go with either the Zippers 575 or the Freedom FCC14. Heres where I need help, I have an 05 SE Fat Boy with a Rinehart 2 into 1 and the SERT. I have a S&S gear drive ready to go in. I only want to do this once, I'm not changing the heads, I dont need a rocket but I do want to wake up this engine a bit. I hear alot about the oil pump should I change this while I'm having the cams installed. I ride between 2K-4K RPM and I like to show off a little bit (Bike Nights) I read alot of posts and it looks like there is a difference with the two cams since the fatboy is lighter than the baggers out there is one better then the other. I also like the looks of the Rinehart exhaust, can I use this exhaust with Zippers Auto tune?

Hey Dave, do the 575's or S&S 585's w/S&S gear drive, Feuling OP and lifters, shim, and Tmax Autotune with your Reinhart and you should have a great running, reliable motor. Make sure you have a good performance intake as well. Being from this area, you could think about going to MD to have Zippers do the work. If you need a local shop, my buddy, who's done all my work for years, is in New Hyde Park, LI. If you need any help, let me know. My office isn't far from your building. If you want to talk it over, let me know and I can stop by. Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 01:00:32 AM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 24 queries.