Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sport bikes terrorizing North Georgia mountain roads  (Read 1268 times)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

Re: Sport bikes terrorizing North Georgia mountain roads
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 04:08:04 PM »

And I thought I was crazy on a Motorcycle.  :confused5: Those guys are way past crazy. Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 05:09:10 PM »

A man's got to know his limitations and one day we all wake uo dead. There should be public places to ride like this or they'll never stop it. Because there's nothing wrong with riding 153 MPH. But you have a responsibility not to infringe on other's rights either. Those roads are perfect for that type of riding. Maybe they should have bike days or bike hours there so others aren't endangered. Then if you're not capable of riding within your limitations, you're the only life in jeopardy! I've done some crazy riding, as I know others here have too. And I don't want to get killed doing it. And I don't want to kill anyone else either. That said, I love to ride fast and do so given the opportunity, I do every time. It's a disease I caught at a very young age and have never been able to shake. Never wanted to. As you get older, you get a little wiser about things. But that doesn't mean you change what makes you happy, you just do it smarter. I don't know why I'm not dead yet sometimes. Wasn't my time. Bottom line, when your number's called, your time is up! Tough subject for me to speak on because I'm going to get chastised for my thoughts on this. The biggest problem is that an unexperienced kid can get a 200 MPH/200 HP bike for $12K. They think it's gonna make them a man instead of an angel! There's a time and place for everything, but nothing wrong with riding like that. Safely, without jeopardizing others! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

sooiee

• Senior CVO Member
    • NC
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 04:19:05 PM »

They're going to be the ones that cause hardships on the responsible riders.  They leave the bad impressions.  That's what folks remember.  While I don't like to see any riders go down.  There are some that shouldn't be riding.  It has nothing to do with knowing their limitations.  You just don't do what they are doing on a public road where it could effect others.  Just think...your daughter could be a passenger on the back of one of these riders!!   :nervous:  Going 150...come on...get real.
Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a motorcycle.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 05:06:16 PM »

They're going to be the ones that cause hardships on the responsible riders.  They leave the bad impressions.  That's what folks remember.  While I don't like to see any riders go down.  There are some that shouldn't be riding.  It has nothing to do with knowing their limitations.  You just don't do what they are doing on a public road where it could effect others.  Just think...your daughter could be a passenger on the back of one of these riders!!   :nervous:  Going 150...come on...get real. 

Please don't take my response out of context, if you want to use my quote as a reference. Read and use the entire post as it relates to your response, or don't use it at all. Please reread it and revise your post accordingly. As it stands, your post stands on it's own, but it does not relate to my previous post in any way, except to quote about limitations. Your reference to that has nothing in common with mine and I take offense to your using it that way. Are you a reporter or journalist. These are the people who usually do this type of selective quoting and reporting! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 05:51:55 PM »

Those guys are crazy :help:

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 07:23:44 PM »

This type of riding jeopardizes everyone else on the road, and could ruin a nice section of highway for all of us. I can see it coming, ALL motorcycles banned from this road, :nervous:
WOODY

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 20 queries.