Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Cycle Riding Monikers  (Read 7393 times)

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Cycle Riding Monikers
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2007, 10:36:00 AM »

A lot of people that don't ride may stereotype me into one of those categories but that doesn't matter to me. I've been riding some type of motorcycle for over forty years. It's a part of me, and I would be at a lose with out it. I just consider myself a true motorcyclist. :2vrolijk_21:
WOODY

Glide-man

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
    • CVO2: 2009 Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2003 Serk
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2007, 11:37:19 AM »

Got my first Cushman when I was 12. Purchased my first new bike a Honda when I was 14. I was caught ridding on the street without a license soooo many times I nearly lost the chance to drive until I was 21.  :-\When I did get my licence at 16 the first thing I did was pass my motorcycle course and have had  my endorsement ever since. 36 years.  8) When I bought my first Harley, some people said I was in a mid life crises. When I bought my SERK I was called a RUB, and a yupply.    Being in the wind is 4th on my list of priorities.. 1.My God. 2.My Family. 3.My Job 4. Ridding.  (Number 3 and 4 can flip flop depending on how nice the weather is.) :P  It's a Heavenly day when I can ride, and I'm miserable when I can't. So you can call me a wanabe for all the reasons above. I wanabe ridding. :orange:

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2007, 10:21:33 PM »

I can remember buying that '72 Honda CL100 and the feeling of freedom that I got having a license and a motorized form of transportation.  I could go when and where I wanted and wasn't shackled by where I could pedal or walk (or be taken by my mom or dad).  I think that riding now is about that freedom, but now it's freedom from all the other stuff that life lays on the plate.  It's amazing how a 20 minute ride can seem like a vacation and create a real attitude adjustment. 

I associate with riders and they know the story (you don't have to explain it to them and they do understand).  Often when I describe riding to someone who doesn't, I get they feeling that they really wish they could.  They just let something hold them back - wife, kids, finances, too young, too old, too busy, fear, too big, too small, etc.  I think that a lot of non-riders are the wannabes.  They wanna be riders, but just don't do it. 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 10:27:55 PM by PHAZE »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.