Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trailer Recomendations  (Read 139 times)

Joel

• Senior CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
Trailer Recomendations
« on: July 13, 2018, 08:36:58 PM »

After our last trip I came to the conclusion that having a trailer may be a good idea, this coming from a guy that thought the RoadKing Classic was all we needed until our first trip on our first Ultra Limited.
I have been reading the threads that have been posted on the trailers and the Bushtec certainly is a great looking unit.
My questions are,
Do the tire size make tracking better with the smaller tires or the larger tires that the Bushtec have, track better?
Does the trailer / bike handle better with the standard ball type hitch or the type that can twist when the bike is leaning when going into a turn?
Reading about the mounting of the hitch to the bike I have seen where the clearance between the rear tire and a hitch mounting bolt is very close, is there a different mounting bracket I should ask for being the is a CVO Ultra?
Thanks for any input.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

Rooster

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
Re: Trailer Recomendations
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 12:00:16 AM »

One of the things that make the Bushtec a good trailer is the large tires. They make a big difference on take off as well as prolly cooler bearings. Another is the light weight. I have a tent trailer that weighs 325lbs before you add gear. The turbo model weighs about 125 before adding gear. As far as the swivel tongue hitch verses non, there are folks that favor each. However the Bushtec comes with a heim pin type connect I believe. And they come up on ad used at good prices ask Chains.

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
Re: Trailer Recomendations
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 12:49:16 AM »

As far as hitch clearance, but a hitch for your model of bike and you shouldn't have any issues. I have been running the Bushtec hitch and the fit and clearance leaves plenty of room. Rear tire swaps are no problem

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 25 queries.