Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: HD's fix for the oil transfer as of now.  (Read 5631 times)

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
Re: HD's fix for the oil transfer as of now.
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2019, 02:38:30 PM »

I’ll bet they didn’t tell their customers “it’s within specs” and “they all do that”

:soapbox:
No. I can give you my personal experience with BMW when i had a issue with a 18 K1600 B.

Took the bike in for first service at 600 miles. Service advisor calls to tell me they discovered a oil leak and needed to investigate. Between tearing into the bike and getting factory approvals it took a week to sort out. The service guy invited me to come down and see the faulty seal and what was involved. Took him up on the offer.

The seal that was installed wrong at the factory was going to take longer to acquire than acceptable so they ordered a complete transmission unit and put the bike back together. They did a great job, no more issues. The factory rep authorized $500 in BMW accessories/gear or $300 cash as a tokin of there appreciation. Overall they had my bike tied up 3 weeks and they felt bad i had that happen.

In my 28 years and 12 new Harleys, i never had that experience. Will say, Harley was able to make repairs quickly but never gave me an apology.

Mistakes/issues are going to happen. It's all in how you handle them. Be upfront and accept responsibility. Make things right.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide Custom
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2019, 09:26:39 AM »

Finally got round to checking my 18 CVO RG. Haven’t ridden it due to moving house and having to work on the new place for the last few months.

Empty gearbox full primary!! Will get onto the dealer about the vent kit and get it done at the same time as the clutch recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

BigLock

• Senior CVO Member
  • CVO1 2012
    • NC

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2019, 08:17:54 PM »

Same thing with my 18 CVO RG in shop now for the vent kit

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2019, 12:50:51 AM »

Has anyone tried Redline Shockproof Heavy in the trans to see if it reduces transfer?
If you want peace, prepare for war.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2019, 08:00:15 AM »

Has anyone tried Redline Shockproof Heavy in the trans to see if it reduces transfer?

There's no reason why it would.  Don't let the name of the product fool you, it's the same viscosity as the other lubricants people normally use (75w90).  The name "Heavy" is just there to differentiate between the normal weight fluid and their racing "Light" and "Super Light" versions used for less drag in certain automotive racing applications.  The product is loaded with extreme pressure additives so they make silly claims about it being equivalent to a 75w250 in their ads, but that is not the actual viscosity of the fluid.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 25 queries.