Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Trapper dog  (Read 5676 times)

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra
Re: Trapper dog
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2019, 08:51:12 PM »

We can all be thankful this Thanksgiving that prayers for Roger are working and he is improving.

Mike

:drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Chuck Pryor

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG Silver/Titanium
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2019, 02:35:20 PM »

Great news... thanks for the update, Mark!

I visited Roger yesterday and am pleased to report he is making good strides.

I would say his improvement since the last time I saw him was exponential. He is now able to pull his left leg up. He only assists with his right arm to bring it in the last few inches. Other than that he can bend his knee and raise it up. He has pretty good strength in that leg too. I gave him a foot massage and he has good strength in the foot and ankle. He can move it in all directions. His left arm has improved too. While his grip is still not strong we played a good session of tug of war. He can pull and push with good strength. He just needs to strengthen the ability to raise and lower it.

Best of all, he’s starting on semi-solid food. He ate some applesauce without any problem. He also started sipping small amounts of water out of a cup on his own. All of this while the capped trach is still in place. The plan is to transition him to more semi-solid food and get him off the stomach tube. Once that happens he will start bulking up and getting stronger.

Roger’s thoughts can still be clouded, but he grasps the contexts of past, present and future. His short-term memory is still weak, as I had to remind him of Chuck and Marty’s visit. I told him of all the folks that are praying for him and pulling for him. This Thanksgiving Roger will spend it with his son Jake, daughter in law Rachel and grand daughter who are visiting from Texas. It is hoped he can have some soft, or mashed turkey day food!

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2019, 07:15:34 PM »

OMG, I haven't been on the CVO site in I don't know how long and this is like the 3rd post I read.
Roger & Melanie, you will be in our daily prayers from Trudy & I.  We often talk about you two and others and the great times we had with Nor Cal CVO when we lived in CA.

I spent 3 days the beginning of Oct in ICU with a DVT & PE.  All I can say is,  Roger, I hope you continue to have the same great care as I received during my short stay.  I cannot say enough good things about the ICU Dr's & Nurses.

We wish you a complete recovery and wishfully hope our paths will cross again one day.

Mark, thank you for the updates, I sent you a PM.

Bill(SklyWag) & Trudy(Broomie)

« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 07:40:59 PM by Sklywag »
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

TN

• 1K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2019, 07:11:02 AM »

Glad to hear progress is being made, still on my prayer list, hoping for the best.

Phillip
It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast than ride a fast bike slow
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 24 queries.