Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trouble with Saddlebag lights...  (Read 1378 times)

tmatahead

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE Charcoal Slate & Carbon Dust
Trouble with Saddlebag lights...
« on: September 23, 2019, 08:26:23 PM »

Have 2016 FLTRUSE with Quik Release Tour Pack Kit. A fellow FLTRUSE owner pointed out that my turn signals do not work on the bag lights when I engage the brakes.  The brake lights over take the turn signals. I've done a lot of research, the instructions show that one control module (69200949A) is used for CVO (FLTRUSE) Only.  Originally finding the issue, I bought a new control module. PN-69200949A, it was Special Order, so I'm screwed. Yet the HD website shows FLTRU & FLTRUSE both use the same bag light kit (67800241A) which includes the module PN 69200779A.  Bought the bike used from dealer who sold it originally and has all the records, yet they have been useless, refuses to step up unless I pay two hours Diag Fee.  For that I can buy a new bag light kit, or an aftermarket light kit.  Has anybody else run into this?  If so, how did you fix it.  I know I could buy Custom Dynamic bag lights, but their ABC acronyms confuse the heck out of me. 
2016 FLTRUSE Charcoal Slate & Carbon Dust
Quick Disconnect Tour-Pak, Thunder-Max ECM, Stage II, Vance & Hines Power Duals, Rineharts,
Progressive 944HD & Mono-Tubes, KlockWerks 14" screen, 10" Drag Specialties Mini Apes, HD LED Driving Lights, Custom Dynamics Pro Beam Dynamic Rings, Custom Tallboy Seat, Arlen Ness Extended Floor Board mounts, SoftBrake 1.5" EXT shifter & brake levers.

Austin Patriot Guard
Central Texas Harley Owners Group
Wide Open Social Club

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
Re: Trouble with Saddlebag lights...
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 10:56:46 AM »

There is also two different harnesses. If you are using the harness that comes in the light kit with red light lenses you are using the wrong harness. Sorry, I don’t have the part numbers anymore but that’s the problem. I had the same. It’s the short little harness that plugs in right below the riders backrest bracket.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

tmatahead

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 11:07:11 AM »

There is also two different harnesses. If you are using the harness that comes in the light kit with red light lenses you are using the wrong harness. Sorry, I don’t have the part numbers anymore but that’s the problem. I had the same. It’s the short little harness that plugs in right below the riders backrest bracket.

Yea, I'm guessing it's PN 69200779A.
Quick Disconnect Tour-Pak, Thunder-Max ECM, Stage II, Vance & Hines Power Duals, Rineharts,
Progressive 944HD & Mono-Tubes, KlockWerks 14" screen, 10" Drag Specialties Mini Apes, HD LED Driving Lights, Custom Dynamics Pro Beam Dynamic Rings, Custom Tallboy Seat, Arlen Ness Extended Floor Board mounts, SoftBrake 1.5" EXT shifter & brake levers.

Austin Patriot Guard
Wide Open Social Club

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 04:56:15 PM »

Yep, now that you suggest that number, I remember the last three numbers and that’s the one you want. Found mine on eBay and just got the harness alone without the rest of the parts in “that” kit.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

tmatahead

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 06:50:35 PM »

I now have bought 2 modules (949A Replacement, & 779A)  Chinese Aftermarket lights and Custom Dynamic Sequential. (Dealer said Standard LEDs don't work on CVOs)   All four operate the same way, Signals work until Brakes are used, then only front signal flashes.  While switching out light sets today, I did reset the can-bus, that resulted in brake lights staying on, once hazards were turned off... Until ignition was turned off.   Then everything went back to abnormal. 

Dealer needs two hours diag to diagnose than the repair might be on ESP!?  So I prepay my ESP deductible and we see what happens?

Austin Patriot Guard
Wide Open Social Club

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 09:45:42 PM »

before you do that, see if you can find anyone with the lights that you need.  i've seen more than one instance where the 'cheap chinese aftermarket lights' were the cause of the problem.  though, not necessarily your exact problem, but they were a problem.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

tmatahead

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 11:07:19 PM »

The guy that pointed out the issue to me has the same ones that I had originally.  That is why at first, I thought the problem just the wiring sequence.  I've now put all four light sets in all four different connection points from front left corner under the seat to where Tour-Pack connects.  All have the same results.  I'm out of ideas...

Austin Patriot Guard
Wide Open Social Club

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2019, 08:16:58 AM »

The guy that pointed out the issue to me has the same ones that I had originally.  That is why at first, I thought the problem just the wiring sequence.  I've now put all four light sets in all four different connection points from front left corner under the seat to where Tour-Pack connects.  All have the same results.  I'm out of ideas...

Maybe Try this?   Or at least give 'em a call?
https://www.customdynamics.com/standard-smart-triple-play-unit-for-harley-davidson?cat=60
"built in SMART function which allows normal turn signal flash to override the brake strobe/flash when simultaneously braking and turning."

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 20 queries.