Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: iPod Solution that Actually Works  (Read 6150 times)

h2oski

• Full CVO Member
Re: iPod Solution that Actually Works
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 07:28:30 PM »

Here is a picture of how the iPod connection cable comes out of the fairing along the handle bar.

h2oski

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 07:29:45 PM »

Here is a picture of the iPod mounted on the handle bar and the iPod cable connected to it.

h2oski

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2007, 07:33:04 PM »

Here is the last photo without the iPod and only the handle bar mount.  I put a piece of velcro on the cable and stuck it to the bottom of the mount so it is out of the way.

h2oski

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2007, 07:39:40 PM »

If anyone is curious about the handle bar mount here is a link to it.  I used a Marware case and handle bar mount.

iPod Case

Handle Bar Mount

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2007, 08:40:08 PM »

Here is a picture of the iPod mounted on the handle bar and the iPod cable connected to it.

Never had an iPod.  So forgive if this is obvious to everyone else.  But are these things waterproof (enough)?

h2oski

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2007, 08:53:22 PM »

Not really waterproof at all.  In a light sprinkle I will leave it on the handle bar, but in full rain it comes off and goes in the pocket. 

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2007, 08:47:27 PM »

Not really waterproof at all.  In a light sprinkle I will leave it on the handle bar, but in full rain it comes off and goes in the pocket. 
H2O,
might want to check out this website for you ipod! http://www.otterbox.com/products/ipod_cases/ipod_nano_case/
john
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

Tros

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2007, 11:05:21 PM »

I have done a decent amount of upgrading to the stereo on my 04 SEEG over the years so that I can hear my iPod.  The sound quality of the iPod being connected from the head phone jack is pretty poor.  I orginally added some Hog Tunes, but I kept blowing them from turning the volume up to loud.  Then I added the Hawg Wired Amp and a set of the Hawg Wired premium speakers and the iPod still didn't sound very good.  Compared to a CD the sound quality was horrible.  I was ready to give up on the iPod. 

I realized I was trying to make something sound better after I had degraded the signal so I started researching on how to get a better signal from the ipod.  I started looking at options to use the 30 pin connector on the bottom of the iPod for the audio out.  This is a line level output so I was hopping that it would eliminate the sound quality issues.  I purchased a PIE UNI-POD on ebay for $70.  I installed it last week and wow what a difference.  Now my iPod actually sounds better than my cds that I play.  I can hear the stereo with the ipod playing at all speeds with ear plugs in and the short stock windshield.  It has a variable output that adjusts with a dial on the unit.  I played with it a little bit, but I actually set it to where it was set when I opened the box.  The other great thing about the PIE adapter is that it charges while it plays so I only have one cable coming out of my fairing now.  I also did the aux input upgrade of adding a second input in the back of the radio.  The PIE unit fit right next to the amp on top of the stock radio.  I used the same power sources as the amp and have no noise problems.  I would recommend this to anyone that wants better sound from their iPod.

Thank you for the info.  :2vrolijk_21:  I need to get one of those PIE UNI-PODs for my truck.   

Dean

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 10:49:13 AM »

Forget wires and input jacks.  I used a piece of industrial strength velcro on the inside lower part of my windshield to mount the Ipod and I use an FM transmitter to send the signal to 87.9.  It sounds better than any local station because the transmitter is always close to the antenna. 
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 20 queries.