Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: One Of Our Members Recovering From Surgery....  (Read 9488 times)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: One Of Our Members Recovering From Surgery....
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2007, 10:37:10 AM »

Right on there buddy.  Health is waaaaay more important than wealth. 

Dave, we are all so happy you saw your Dr., got the right diagnosis, had the surgery you needed so that you can ride with us in the future.  Keep up getting well.  I look forward to seeing you later this summer.   :cherry:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2007, 10:40:49 AM »

Dave,
Sorry to hear about your wife's coworker. Your statement about males and doctor is true for many of us males. For the longest time I wouldn't go to a doctor for regular checkups, and would have to be really sick before I would go then. Preventive maintenance and early detection of any known medical problem is worth its weight in gold. We all should be getting yearly physicals and as we reach our 40's/50's there are other exams that should/will be added to the yearly physicals. The only way our bodies or anything for that matter will last is we have to take care of them.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2007, 11:03:32 AM »

Dave,
Sorry to hear about your wife's coworker. Your statement about males and doctor is true for many of us males. For the longest time I wouldn't go to a doctor for regular checkups, and would have to be really sick before I would go then. Preventive maintenance and early detection of any known medical problem is worth its weight in gold. We all should be getting yearly physicals and as we reach our 40's/50's there are other exams that should/will be added to the yearly physicals. The only way our bodies or anything for that matter will last is we have to take care of them.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

How true guys.  I'm a procrastinator, feel great, overweight, eat what I want, etc.  Wife had breast cancer found on her first mammogram, sured with surgery and treatment.  Still I didn't go.  Friend caught colon cancer in exam at 60, resolved issue, turned up on lung at 62, started treatment, passed away 2 months later, and he had been calling all of us to get in and get checked, still I didn't go.  Good friend 57 found prostate cancer a year ago, had it and lymph's removed, clear now, still I didn't go.....are we getting the picture?  Remind you of anyone you shave with in the mornings?

Anyway, went to the doc a couple months ago things looked OK.  Needed to get blood work up.  Still procrastinated, finally fasted for the 12 hours and got it a few weeks back, three days later came the news, all clear, PSA's, Cholesterol etc. 

So to all my procrastinating 50 something or ever worse 60 something brothers (and sisters too) out there, get off your sorry you know what and get a check up, I don't need to lose anymore friends from preventable illness.

Rog
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 11:05:04 AM by Rjob749 »

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2007, 12:02:36 PM »

Dave,
Tragic about your wife's co-worker's husband.  I'd somehow managed to slip into the "guy" mode again after my MI and bypass 13 years ago and told my wife when my "gas" pains started a couple of weeks back to just give a couple of TUMS and it would pass.  She finally put he foot down and drug my stupid a$$ to the ER.  Yep - burst appendix.  Slow healing process, bro, but we'll both be back.  We'll have to wait a spell for a get together in W'burg like I'd suggested earlier.  Hey - at least we can compare "zippers"  ;).
Hope you're continuing to do well.  I'm on the mend, but the docs keep talking about "weeks" before I can ride :(.  New Jester just sits there whining (not as much as me, but I can still her...).
Be well friend,
Tony

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2007, 04:28:29 PM »

Wishing you a speedy recovery

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2007, 12:42:43 PM »

Well so far so good,
I am healing well from the surgery but my heart was still out of rhythm after several attempts at Cardioversion before and during my surgery.
Two days ago they did an outpatient Cardioversion and had to shock me three times but finally got my heart in a proper rhythm. It has lasted in normal rhythm so far and I have to take it easy for a couple of weeks to keep it from going back into afib. One heck of a diet too, I have lost about 30 lbs. so far.
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers everyone.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 12:44:41 PM by VaEagle »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2007, 01:05:11 PM »

Well so far so good,
I am healing well from the surgery but my heart was still out of rhythm after several attempts at Cardioversion before and during my surgery
Two days ago they did an outpatient Cardioversion and had to shock me three times but finally got my heart in a proper rhythm..
It has lasted in normal rhythm so far and I have to take it easy for a couple of weeks to keep it from going back into afib. One heck of a diet too, I have lost about 30 lbs. so far.
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers everyone.
Wow!!! :vrolijk27: Glad to hear they/you are maintaining a good rhythm now. Cardioversion is not the most comfortable thing to endure. Congrats on the weight loss keep up the good work, you'll feel better, and your heart will definitely appreciate/like it. :2vrolijk_21: Just think of all that extra HP/TQ you are going to have when you get back on your bike w/the loss of the weight.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2007, 01:11:34 PM »

Sorry you are having to endure all these painful procedures.  So glad it sounds like you may be on the road to a successful recovery.  So what is the diet, I may need to change to it.  Dave, hoping to see ya on the road later this summer or early fall.   :cherry:

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2007, 04:10:57 PM »

Good to hear your back on your feet.  30lbs, blimey that's a microwave.  Well done and keep it up.   Do we get a before and after?  :worthless:

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2007, 07:40:56 PM »

Dave,
Sorry about the added issues.  Never any fun to have the doc's playing with your ticker.  Doc has cleared me and I can finally start getting some breakin miles on my Jester starting Memorial Day weekend.  Won't be doing Rolling Thunder this year - too many bikes, too few miles on my ride.
Still want to head down your way and go some place for a great big...salad  ;).  Good deal on the weight loss.  You'll notice a big difference when you can finally start getting a bit more mobile.
I'll let you know when we get ready to head down your way and hopefully we can get together (we can compare "zippers" - NOT THOSE KINDS - you guys!)
Tony

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2007, 10:31:45 PM »

Well I can't believe it but I found out today that my heart has gone back to afib rhythm. They are increasing my meds and have to go back on June 14th. If not fixed by meds by then I will need another round of Cardioversion.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2007, 10:33:43 PM »

Well I can't believe it but I found out today that my heart has gone back to afib rhythm. They are increasing my meds and have to go back on June 14th. If not fixed by meds by then I will need another round of Cardioversion.
Sorry to hear that. Hope the meds work. Bad enough going thru Cardioversion once don't want to even think about having to go thru it again. :nervous:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2007, 01:52:56 PM »

That sucks.  Hope you get feeling better soon.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2007, 04:14:31 PM »

Update and info,
So far the meds are working. Heart is in Normal mode for now. ;D

I have been doing some short rides the past couple of weeks.
Went on my first Poker Run for Charity this weekend and it was great putting on some miles on the bike. Boy did I get sunburned though. 8)
I guess I need to pay more attention to the medicine bottles when it says watch out for sun exposure. Oh well the burn was worth it.

For those of you who need to be on blood thinners or if you know someone who is, there is now a home monitoring device that may be covered by your insurance or Medicare etc.
It is made by Quality Assured Services Inc. and the person to contact there is Ms. Renee Kumar at (407)563-2420 or her email at;
rkumar@qasmail.com
 This machine works with a finger stick like a machine for diabetes.
Take care,
David

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2007, 04:27:24 PM »

Dave,
That's great to hear you're doing better and able to get some riding in. Keep up the good work. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.