Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Favorite Mods  (Read 5524 times)

roadking40

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Favorite Mods
« on: April 08, 2007, 10:53:59 AM »

Other than exhaust, my scoot is stock. What are your favorite mods? I am not a touring guy (have a different bike for that), so I am looking for cosmetic upgrades or something in the go fast department.

A couple ideas: Front turn signal relocation/changes - anyone else attempt?
Laydown or side mount lic plate
Lowering?
Race tuner?
Cams?

Thanks for the help. I put some miles on yesterday and love the bike. I picked up my "custom" from the shop - the stretched gas tank had split -  and had a chance to ride both back to back. The HD is so refined and IMO, the 103 has a better torque profile that the SS 96.

Happy Easter. Ride safe today.

MikeD

Re: Favorite Mods
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 06:43:51 PM »

Well you'll definitely here from Aussie, he's done more fast boy mods then anyone else on here.  I did the laydown plate, it's a must and should have been done at the plant.  I've seen a couple with the passing lamps and turn signals, I dont care for them though.  They look good on a stock fat boy, but I like the plane look of the nacelle over the big passing lamps.  The nacelle is a great accessory, another one that should have been done at the plant.  It kicks@!!! 

I went with Vance and Hines staggered big shots. They have a crossover so you gain more horses an tourque then ones without the crossover, kind of the same theory as a two into one with out the big one look to it.  My dad went with the a Vance and Hines that has the cross over but almost come down fromt he motor at an angle, totally different and radical looking, he's got the autumn has one.  His best friend has the purple one with the Vance and Hines radios pipes, look great without the cross over.

My dad did the fuel pac from Vance and Hines and he had no complaints.  I just remapped the injectors at the dealership and i cant complain. I'm not looking for drag times or dyno's on mine, I like to go a to b and it does that faster then anyone else i ride with! 

I dont think you can lower it anymore, it pretty much slammed as it is. Unless you go with a Progressive suspension or something. I like the ride height and often scrape the floor boards. 

Hope I helped, MikeD

MikeD

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 08:56:09 PM »

not everyone speak at once!

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 10:15:26 PM »

not everyone speak at once!

MikeD,

I'm a little busy & also can't think where to start! But will get back to this ASAP!

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 12:28:19 PM »

I thought my favorite mod was the Mark IV Highway setup and HD flaming floorboards because it changed the ride from good to great in the comfort department.

I thought my favorite mod was the SERT and Horsepower Inc. 51mm throttle body, 'cause my dyno guy jacked me into another world from anemic to healthy and fast.

I also thought my favorite mod was the stock seat upgraded with the milineum foam and using the original chrome around the saddle. Or the LePera two up; made my Rosemarie very happy.

But in all honesty, I think my last mod:HogPro Wheels, Pully, Rotors, Performance Machine Brake Calipers and Metz 880s is my most favorite mod. It literally changed the look and feel of a great ride to fantastic ride.

HOWEVER, I have the Woods Night Prowler Cam going in this week, Fueling Oil pump, Heads polished and blah blah, you all know the cam upgrade thing...This may be the one.

There is more done, but those are the contenders. Did I mention the chrome??? Lots of upgrades there cause I am OCD sick with it.

FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

MikeD

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 04:42:36 PM »

Hey Kona, post a pic of your seat with the foam.  I'm interested.  How are your wheels lookin too?

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 02:55:51 PM »

Headlight nacelle,thunderheaders,chrome ironcross on my ignition module and the spearheads on my windshield are my favorite mods :drink:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 02:57:23 PM by altugo »
Ridin Legend

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 05:25:44 AM »

1. Headlight Nacelle
2. T-Bars
3. Forward controls
4. Zippers 575G cams (105hp & 109ft/lb tq) :) :) :) :)
5. Highway pegs
6. Rocker box mounted oil pressure gauge
7. Mini saddle bags (leather tool boxes)
8. 2 into 1 lake pipe
9. Kuryakyn LED fuel/battery gauge & flush gas cap
10. Braided fuel line
11. Braided fuel cross over line
12. Finned cylinder head inserts (around spark plugs)
13. Laydown licence plate
14. Arlen Ness tear drop mirrors
15. Oil cooler including braided lines & Russell fittings
16. 2 inch over fork tubes (had to raise the front, I could not get around corners with out scraping & scraping my CVO on the
     road was not an option)
17. Kuryakyn smoked lens LED tail light
18. Mini bullet turn signals
19. Lyndall brake pads
20. Clock

Not necessarily in this order but the Headlight Nacelle is probably still No 1.

Everything I do or have done is a favourite mod

Plus many more bits & pieces including lots of chrome goodies & yet nothing I regret buying or would not buy again.

Still to come (parts I have):
1. 200 rear end including chrome rear fender (getting closer now)
2. 48.5mm Throttle Body

Mods on the wish list
1. Big radius 2 into 1
2. Chrome gas tank
3. 103 plus heads, 10.5:1 pistons, bigger cams
4. Oil pressure & oil temp gauges rocker box mounted (wimmer machine dual mount)
5. Eagle horn cover (still not sure about this one)

Cheers
Aussie
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 06:46:31 AM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 06:54:18 AM »

Other than exhaust, my scoot is stock. What are your favorite mods? I am not a touring guy (have a different bike for that), so I am looking for cosmetic upgrades or something in the go fast department.

A couple ideas: Front turn signal relocation/changes - anyone else attempt?
Laydown or side mount lic plate
Lowering?
Race tuner?
Cams?

Thanks for the help. I put some miles on yesterday and love the bike. I picked up my "custom" from the shop - the stretched gas tank had split -  and had a chance to ride both back to back. The HD is so refined and IMO, the 103 has a better torque profile that the SS 96.

Happy Easter. Ride safe today.

I fitted some mini bullet turn signals you can hardly notice them now.

As for lowering they are already to low. They are great lowered in a straight line but how do you expect to go around corners especially with floor boards.

Racetuners are great but unfortunately for me I did not have access someone who new how to build a custom map so I had no choice but to run a PCIII over the top of it, and I found a great tuner to do it with great results.

Cams well I have the Zippers 575 gear drives, Zippers have done a lot of R & D on these & they do work very well on a stock 103 Twincam. Others here have used  Freedom cams that work just as well as the Zippers ones but the Freedom cams are mystery sticks as their grind is a big secret.

Cheers
Aussie
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 07:11:43 AM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 08:10:14 AM »

Hey Kona, post a pic of your seat with the foam.  I'm interested.  How are your wheels lookin too?

Hey MikeD,

See the thread: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=11954.msg186077#msg186077 for the wheels.

See the thread: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=6906.msg99102#msg99102 for seat info and Pix.

I am very happy with the seat as I ride solo most often. I love my new wheels and pully and brakes set up.
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

roadking40

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 10:00:34 AM »

Guys thanks for the ideas! I just got back from Europe and I am ready to ride. I saw quite a few HD's in the EU. Lots of custom bikes in Germany. They are crazy over Vrod- nutty mods. Thanks again for keeping the post alive. I will begin my research. Ride easy.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 12:40:18 PM »

The single seat - I couldn't get my wife off the back of my FLSTS and I bought the damn thing for me, me, me I tell you, me.   Sorry about that, women spoil most of our fun.

redfatboy

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 11:08:48 PM »

By far my favorite are the chrome wheels I got for Christmas!!! :love_1: Second in line would be the Danny Gray Butt Crack solo seat.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 11:56:18 PM »

By far my favorite are the chrome wheels I got for Christmas!!! :love_1: Second in line would be the Danny Gray Butt Crack solo seat.

Sorry Red, but I'm going to have to give you the obligatory  :worthless:

Toes in the water, ass in the sand

screamin eagle

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 04:40:37 PM »

I just finished the latest Mod's:

Chrome inner Primary
 Garner Wescott 12pt bolts thru-out
 Alligator Bob Leather and Ostrich seat
 Chrome Kickstand Spring
 Engraved Derby and Inspection plate
 Laydown license plate
 Headlight and turn signal trim rings
 HID headlight
 Braided fuel line and crossover line
 Zippers 113 Muscle kit (126HP and 132TQ)
 Thundermax with auto tune
 Performance Machine Brake calipers
 Heavy Duty clutch (Zippers)
 Removeable Sissy bar
 Removeable Windshield ( I hate it, but is requires at speeds over 80)
 Braided oil Line ( replaced the black one under the Tank)
 Smoked LED tail light
 Thunderheader 2 into 1 exhaust
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 20 queries.