Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 06 cuse TACH / ODOMETER , BRAKE -TURN SIGNALS NOT WORKING ? ? ?  (Read 1024 times)

golaith69

• 06 FLHTCUSE - BLACK CANDY CRIMSON
  • Full CVO Member
  • PLEASE STAND UP WHEN YOU ARE TALKING 2 ME

HELLO;  ALL , I have got a new problem with my 06 CUSE  .. I all of a sudden went to my bike today and my bike starts but the TACH & ODOMETER does not work.. and the brake and turn signals do not work...can not find any fuses burned out ! ! !  anybody got any ideas ! !  thanks , jeff                    :confused5:        ???
up grades - true duals , vance & hines slash cuts , power commander , KN super sucker -w/ chrome base , smart siren II w/ pager ,chrome inner primary ,engine lites ,L.E.D tail lites ,chrome windshield molding ,oil temp guage into fairing, speaker trim rings ,radio trim piece , etc.

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
Re: 06 cuse TACH / ODOMETER , BRAKE -TURN SIGNALS NOT WORKING ? ? ?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 05:05:11 AM »

HELLO;  ALL , I have got a new problem with my 06 CUSE  .. I all of a sudden went to my bike today and my bike starts but the TACH & ODOMETER does not work.. and the brake and turn signals do not work...can not find any fuses burned out ! ! !  anybody got any ideas ! !  thanks , jeff                    :confused5:        ???

You could try the age old trick of just turning everything off and then back on again a couple of times - that sometimes kicks the ECM into a wake up call, if not then I think the local stealers might be taking on a little warranty work from you. Either way I would still get it checked out.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 06:25:03 AM »

Is your bike under this motor fix?

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=11891.0

Symptom sounds like low voltage - not charging the battery under load.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 06:27:11 AM by VAZHOG »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 10:13:58 AM »

Did you check all the fuses with a tester?

In the summer I had the same problem, created by the relay added to make the rear turns into running/brake lights, not enough room where it mounted and it was cracked and blowing fuses.

Anyway, I ask about "all fuses" since the tech where I stopped said to test everything as the factory doesn't necessarily line the fuses up to the fuse box locations any longer.  Sure enough, the fuse that blew was the accessory fuse (I think).

I would sure check them with a tester to make sure.  He loaned me his as it was Friday and they were buried.  I tested the fuses on the bike.  If you haven't done this, the fuses have a small hole on the top where you touch the tester to make sure the circuit is good.

Even if not a fuse you should find the circuit with the problem this way.

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 20 queries.