Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: passing lites  (Read 2260 times)

scout

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
passing lites
« on: November 25, 2004, 10:53:01 PM »

I'm considering putting  a RKC passing lite/turn signal system on my SERK---I assume the bracket will adapt. The passing lite hookup to an aux switch should be easy but I want to ditch the present handlebar 'ornaments' and use the  ones below the passing lites. Anybody done this? How would I wire the new turn signals and do I just remove the old ones and cut the wires?
if the thunder don't get ya then the lightning will

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: passing lites
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 10:58:03 PM »

If you're considering going to a front light bar on a Road King that doesn't have one to begin with you might at least consider the stuff from Headwinds http://www.headwinds.com/spotlight%20bars.htm .  I always thought there stuff was much cooler than the factory stuff.  Just another option to consider.

Sir_Nuke

• I ride it like I stole it!!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 10:39:56 AM »

I'm considering putting
'03' SERK, SE slip-ons, Stage 1 air cleaner, King Tour Pak, and an honest to goodness HD Quick Detachable Batwing Fairing.

scout

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2004, 02:20:42 PM »

Thanks for the replies. I already have a RKC passing lite system; I just need to know how those turn signals hookup and what to do with the wires from the present handlebar signals after they're cut. It'll sure hurt my ego to have to take it to the dealer. Sir Nuke, your bike looks tremendous---and a matching helmet too!

Sir_Nuke

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2004, 06:49:23 PM »

Here is what was done with my turnsignals when they were relocated....the wires for the turnsignals PLUG IN inside the headlight necel...so the were CUT at the controls and poked back into the hole and a small plug put in the hole....then they were unplugged inside the necel and taped off....just leave them in place. Than new wires were run from the turn signals/passing lamps together up into the headlight necel.....piece of cake really....I would have done it myself had the bike not been in the shop for a minor fix....it was only $40 to have them put on so I just let them do it.....I got to sit around with my buddies at the shop and have a few cold ones while the work was done......it was worth it to me on that hot summer day.

so all you need now is the turnsignal relocation kit for a FATBOY the housings will match your bullet rears....just like mine.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2004, 06:50:42 PM by Sir_Nuke »
'03' SERK, SE slip-ons, Stage 1 air cleaner, King Tour Pak, and an honest to goodness HD Quick Detachable Batwing Fairing.

scout

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2004, 10:01:07 PM »

Thanks Nuke, I got it now. Glad to hear the wires don't need to be pulled outta the bars. Just plug and play and sounds like a good winter garage project.

Sir_Nuke

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2004, 07:18:35 PM »

Scout....I found the part number for the turnsignal kit I purchased....

its 69079-04

scout

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2004, 08:22:43 PM »

Appreciate that number---I was just searching for it on the website. Guess I'll relocate em since they match the rear lites better. Thanks for all your help!

Sir_Nuke

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2004, 01:19:26 AM »

You are more than welcome.......and they do match the rears PERFECTLY.....

its another reason I love forums like this.......if you are looking to do something a little different.....there has probably either been someone that has done it and you can keep from making some of the same mistakes.......or at least get some of the leg work done to save you some time and money.....

BTW.....if you would consider some new rings for them to replace the current lenses, there is a new suppliment out to the 2005 catalog and for the bullet style turnsignals there is a chrome visor ring for them.....they look pretty nice.....

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2004, 07:48:36 PM »

Nuke,

On an unrelated matter, some interesting art work on your website.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Sir_Nuke

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2004, 08:29:05 PM »

Nuke,

On an unrelated matter, some interesting art work on your website.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Thank you Jock, I havn't done anything new in awhile...been to busy out riding! :{D but I am sure that over the winter I will take the time to do some more. Its just something I mess around with some.....try to put my imagination down in a visual way for others to enjoy......if they are somewhat into Sci-Fi stuff that is.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 20 queries.