Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: Tour-Pak Paint Graphics  (Read 14467 times)

Bikrtrsh

• Junior CVO Member
  • Never thought I'd be on a bagger!
Re: Tour-Pak Paint Graphics
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2004, 04:35:03 AM »

Yeah .... me too. I'm really looking forward to seeing your smiling face astride that orange SEEG! I bet that was one hell of a disappointment. So, outside of the color, what did you think of the spoilers? Thinking about a set for your SEEG?

JCZ, Do you just relocate the front docking station for the backrest to use for the tour pak? The dealer told me that it wouldn't work. I guess I'll be finding out in a couple of friggen months! I can't believe painted parts are that far out.  [smiley=confused.gif]

Mark  

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2004, 08:06:21 AM »

I was bummed, my wife wanted to kill the guy.   [smiley=furious.gif] As for the saddlebag spoilers they look ok I guess, but I wash the bike every Friday and thought the wiring would be a hassle when taking the saddle bags on and off.  Orange pearl  in the light is way cool.  Parts guy said he would sell'em cheap,  I'll ask how much if anyone is interested.  [smiley=beerchug.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2004, 09:26:06 AM »

Yeah .... me too. I'm really looking forward to seeing your smiling face astride that orange SEEG! I bet that was one hell of a disappointment. So, outside of the color, what did you think of the spoilers? Thinking about a set for your SEEG?

JCZ, Do you just relocate the front docking station for the backrest to use for the tour pak? The dealer told me that it wouldn't work. I guess I'll be finding out in a couple of friggen months! I can't believe painted parts are that far out.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2004, 09:27:27 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2004, 11:31:46 AM »

Sooooo...what was the final tally on spoilers?  If you have a detachable pak, and put on the brake light spoilers...is the wiring easy to detach to take the pak off?  

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
  • also known as Da' Bear...
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2004, 02:14:30 PM »

I'll let ya know in one-two days... [smiley=7.gif]
John "JFScheck" Scheck
H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black
"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

h2oski

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2004, 11:01:18 PM »

Well the wife just found out I didn't plan on ordering her a couch to rest against on the back of the bike.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 11:02:41 PM by h2oski »

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2004, 01:02:46 PM »

Speaking of King Tour-paks.....has anyone found a good way of plugging the antenna mounting holes in the King-Pak???  I guess I'm looking for a pop-in rubber plug or something similar.  I know we visited this topic before, but no one had yet found anything good for this.  Thanks.

h2oski

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2004, 03:06:10 PM »

Doc,
What about using a a button head fastener (see Picture)and nut with an o-ring under the head so you don't scratch the paint and seal out the water?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 03:56:03 PM by h2oski »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2004, 04:29:01 PM »

Button head with chrome flat washer and nylon washer under that, is what I have.  Not the best looking but it beats leaving a hole and nobody has commented on it.

I also thought about a short bolt from the inside, with the chrome acorn nut (no lock washer, just Locktight) on the outside.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2004, 04:32:49 PM »

Well the wife just found out I didn't plan on ordering her a couch to rest against on the back of the bike.

West Coast GTG   

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2004, 03:56:59 PM »

Button head with chrome flat washer and nylon washer under that, is what I have.  Not the best looking but it beats leaving a hole and nobody has commented on it.

I also thought about a short bolt from the inside, with the chrome acorn nut (no lock washer, just Locktight) on the outside.

Darn it all...I was kind of hoping for some sort of rubber plug that would have a flat side for the rear...grrrrr

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2004, 04:13:18 PM »

Some kind of Rubber plugs do exists. I was at the local HD dealer and saw a SEEG with the chopped tour pack lid and rubber plugs that looked very clean. I just called and the guy in parts said he remembered the bike and they used the rubber bumper off the jiffy stand on a softtail part number 62123-66

This however does not make sense to me.
All I know for sure is I saw very clean looking flat plugs where the antenna relocation kit goes.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2004, 08:30:37 AM »

Has anybody got an Orange & Black tour pak yet,  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] if so when did you order it.  Mine was ordered on the 7th of February and still not here.  [smiley=brood.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2004, 09:37:11 AM »

Has anybody got an Orange & Black tour pak yet,

West Coast GTG   

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2004, 09:49:30 AM »

Some kind of Rubber plugs do exists. I was at the local HD dealer and saw a SEEG with the chopped tour pack lid and rubber plugs that looked very clean. I just called and the guy in parts said he remembered the bike and they used the rubber bumper off the jiffy stand on a softtail part number 62123-66

This however does not make sense to me.
All I know for sure is I saw very clean looking flat plugs where the antenna relocation kit goes.

This does not make sense to me either...but I really want to find something...thanks for the info.  I'll keep looking.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 20 queries.