Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Hello, newbie here from southern Ohio  (Read 5758 times)

paulNohio

• PaulNOhio
Hello, newbie here from southern Ohio
« on: April 26, 2007, 10:21:18 PM »

Hello to all of my new friends :bananarock:.  I will be picking up my 07' SERK this saturday.  Its black (had a really tough time deciding between the black and red) and has 5 miles on the odometer.  Look for me on the road as my plate will be "ICHOT" since the black paint is called 'black ice'....my other half thought of that :nixweiss:.  Anyway, the bike has been at the dealer for less than a month, so I am hoping that it received the updated flashes.  This is my first Harley and am proud to be a owner (am member of this forum).  Been in the Army national guard now for 10 years and have worked federal corrections for 7 years.  So, a big hello again to you all and I look forward to seeing/talking to many of you in the near future.
Cheers  :drink:
Paul
07' SERK-black ice baby!

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: Hello, newbie here from southern Ohio
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 10:27:30 PM »

Paul-
Welcome to the site from a fellow Buckeye.  I'm sure you're anxious to get your new SERK on Saturday.  We all know what they look like but we still like pictures of members bikes.  Again, welcome and enjoy your new bike.

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 10:30:58 PM »

Paul,

Welcome aboard the CVO board and thanks for your Service  :2vrolijk_21:

jeffj

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 10:39:40 PM »

Hey Paul,

Welcome to the Site..
Saturday is right around the corner.

Ride safe.

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 10:42:59 PM »

Welcome to the site Buckeye and thank you for your service! (I hope I don't bump into you at your current job, LOL).

Hope you enjoyed your final win over the Longhorns in football....

You have just enough time to get your bike broken in to attend the CVO GTG Rally in Nelson -- hope to see you there.

Mark

twincam

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 10:46:48 PM »

welcome from AZ

paulNohio

• PaulNOhio
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 10:52:29 PM »

Welcome to the site Buckeye and thank you for your service! (I hope I don't bump into you at your current job, LOL).

Hope you enjoyed your final win over the Longhorns in football....

You have just enough time to get your bike broken in to attend the CVO GTG Rally in Nelson -- hope to see you there.

Mark

Actually, I am from Virginia originally and cant stand the suckeyes...oops, I mean buckeyes...LOL.  I grew up next to Va Tech ironically.  But, I like living in Ohio and really enjoy the easy accessability of Columbus/Cincinnati.

I appreciate you all for giving me thanks for service to my country.  But, I give thanks to you all as well for supporting us eventhough many view this war as unnecessary.  

Finally, where is Nelson?  Forgive my ignorance, but I have no clue...but, me and the other half are getting ready to take a long vacation (3 weeks) and do some serious riding.......where you ask?  who knows and who cares as long as the wind is hitting our face :bananarock:
07' SERK-black ice baby!

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 10:58:13 PM »

WHOA!!!!!!

Three weeks --- Have I got a deal for you -- ride of a lifetime with your "own kind".

Part 1:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=9039.0

Part 2:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=10125.0

and all the chatter:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=3908.0

You have just enough time for reservations, vacation request for work, and bike break-in!!!

Hokies Rule!

Mark

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 11:02:26 PM »

Actually, I am from Virginia originally and cant stand the suckeyes...oops, I mean buckeyes...LOL.  I grew up next to Va Tech ironically.  But, I like living in Ohio and really enjoy the easy accessability of Columbus/Cincinnati.

I appreciate you all for giving me thanks for service to my country.  But, I give thanks to you all as well for supporting us eventhough many view this war as unnecessary.  

Finally, where is Nelson?  Forgive my ignorance, but I have no clue...but, me and the other half are getting ready to take a long vacation (3 weeks) and do some serious riding.......where you ask?  who knows and who cares as long as the wind is hitting our face :bananarock:

Welcome aboard Paul. I too thank you for your service to this great nation! I think I'm liking this guy! That last line says it all! Have a great trip to where ever! Remember, we require Pics of the new bike and Pics of the trip! ::) Good luck with that new SERK. You got the best one! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

paulNohio

• PaulNOhio
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 11:16:23 PM »

Welcome aboard Paul. I too thank you for your service to this great nation! I think I'm liking this guy! That last line says it all! Have a great trip to where ever! Remember, we require Pics of the new bike and Pics of the trip! ::) Good luck with that new SERK. You got the best one! ;) Hoist! 8)

Thanks Hoist!  Ironically, I am buying the bike from the HD dealer in Pikeville, WV.  Are you still planning to come through there for part of your trip?  If so, let me know when and I will meet up with you. 
07' SERK-black ice baby!

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 11:17:58 PM »

BTW Paul,

Don't forget to "pin" yourself on the "MAP" tab!

See you in Nelson BC!

Mark

Tros

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 11:25:38 PM »

A big Howdy from Indianapolis!  I hope you didn't get hammered too much by the weather today. 

paulNohio

• PaulNOhio
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 11:35:10 PM »

A big Howdy from Indianapolis!  I hope you didn't get hammered too much by the weather today. 

yey, we got hammered pretty hard and are actually getting hammered outside as we speak.  High winds, rain, thunderstorms....which is exactly why I am waiting until saturday to pick up my bike.  I could have picked it up yesterday, but do not have an enclosed trailor.  I am sure you are getting hit hard too!  Anyway, if you ever want to meet up for a ride, let me know.  I am only 2 hours away from the IN border.  Talk to you soon!
Paul
07' SERK-black ice baby!

Tros

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 11:48:56 PM »

yey, we got hammered pretty hard and are actually getting hammered outside as we speak.  High winds, rain, thunderstorms....which is exactly why I am waiting until saturday to pick up my bike.  I could have picked it up yesterday, but do not have an enclosed trailor.  I am sure you are getting hit hard too!  Anyway, if you ever want to meet up for a ride, let me know.  I am only 2 hours away from the IN border.  Talk to you soon!
Paul

We'll have to do that sometime, tons of twisty back roads in southern OH & IN.  :)

Actually we spent most of the day over at WPAFB, ran through some hard rain on the way back (driving the P'up not the bike), tornado sirens were going off in Richmond, IN so we decide that was a good time to check out the local HD dealer there.  It's a smaller one but they have a ton of stuff on display, nice folks, found a chrome part I've been looking for  :pepper:

Directions to Richmond, IN HD dealer:

I 70, Exit 151, about 3/4 mile south, Right hand (west) side of road.

bisounours

• SMF Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 02:35:38 AM »

Good morning Paul,

I send you the  :welcome_005: from FRANCE.

Best regards

:vrolijk_26: Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 20 queries.