Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Ride like a Pro On the Dragon  (Read 4761 times)

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Ride like a Pro On the Dragon
« on: May 06, 2007, 03:56:23 PM »

Has anyone seen this new video yet?
Looks like it would be interesting, learning with great scenery.

http://www.ridelikeapro.com/DealsGap.asp

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: Ride like a Pro On the Dragon
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 08:17:57 PM »

He must stay between the lines.  Probably a good video, crashes well???? :confused5: :nervous:
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 08:36:36 PM »

He must stay between the lines.  Probably a good video, crashes well???? :confused5: :nervous:

Is that a knock on me ?  Bill (WFP) nicknamed me " The Yellow Line Bandit " and I'm proud of it  :)

B B

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 09:04:16 PM »

Just went to the link and I really like his choice of bike for the cover of Ride Like A Pro IV.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 09:20:24 PM »

I just got it but haven't had the time to look at it yet. I'll post a review when I do.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 09:06:41 AM »

Nope not knocking anyone,  had no idea you where the yellow line bandit B B.  Just pointing out that he is going to do it legally, as opposed to those that pass on the double yellow and exceed the speed limit.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 07:59:10 PM »

Nope not knocking anyone,  had no idea you where the yellow line bandit B B.  Just pointing out that he is going to do it legally, as opposed to those that pass on the double yellow and exceed the speed limit.

I didn't pass anyone and the only speed limit I exceeded was the minimum I'm sure. LD was all of 3 weeks old, it'd been years since I'd had my last RG and damn that road was twisty. So I'd see my line ( usually straight) through 3 or 4 turns in a row and go there. Everyone pointed out to me the numerous signs admonishing folks not to do what I was doing. Big Daddy stated, that the lines and signs meant the same thing to me- - - - - - - absolutely nothing at all. Anyway, I enjoyed riding the Dragon and the entire 3 week adventure that was Maggie Valley 06 for me. I made a bunch of new friends that were it not for this site, I'd have never met and my new bright orange Road Glide became Los Dragonnes along the way. As far as the course. I'd love to ride with the guy on Elvis. The Big E carves corners like no bagger I've ever owned. It'd be pure heaven to ride the Dragon on E.

B B

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 04:29:26 AM »

I didn't pass anyone ... I'd love to ride with the guy on Elvis. The Big E carves corners like no bagger I've ever owned. It'd be pure heaven to ride the Dragon on E. ...
At some point on one of the rides, BB was following me.  Never did he loose his patience and blow past me like I am sure he wanted to.  He rode his lines just fine. 

Re riding the Dragon on E, I'd love to be there to see that.  In fact, I am hoping some day to get the pleasure of meeting the famous E in person.

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 06:56:10 PM »

http://www.motomark1.com/

If you want to learn to ride. Take a few courses from Mark. He trains the military , police, and people who have ridden for 40 years. I spent one sat in a motor officers course he gives and learned I didn`t know what I thought I did about riding a bike. :2vrolijk_21:

charlie

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 08:12:22 PM »

I seen the new video as with all of his videos it was good

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2007, 10:19:21 AM »

Being only a couple hours away, I really need to do the dragon.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 02:39:43 PM »

I decided to get a copy of The" Ride Like A Pro On The Dragon" DVD and I just got through watching it.  :2vrolijk_21:

I thought it was well done. For about 1/2 the tape you follow a pumpkin and a banana through the Dragon. It was video taped by a man on a yellow Goldwing who has a business filming riders on the Dragon.
The banana was ridden by a lady who interviews the videographer and the pumpkin is in the backround during the interview.
I enjoyed it and it was educational without being preachy, the scenery was nice. To me it was more entertaining than watching someone do circles in a parking lot for an hour. The wrecks that were shown were something to see too.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 03:06:52 PM »

I decided to get a copy of The" Ride Like A Pro On The Dragon" DVD and I just got through watching it.  :2vrolijk_21:

I thought it was well done. For about 1/2 the tape you follow a pumpkin and a banana through the Dragon. It was video taped by a man on a yellow Goldwing who has a business filming riders on the Dragon.
The banana was ridden by a lady who interviews the videographer and the pumpkin is in the backround during the interview.
I enjoyed it and it was educational without being preachy, the scenery was nice. To me it was more entertaining than watching someone do circles in a parking lot for an hour. The wrecks that were shown were something to see too.

I did the same and I agree with your review. I found it interesting and entertaining. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 12:28:41 PM »

I believe that guy on the Goldwing would be Yellow Wolf, found a link with an mpeg showing some of his skills last year at MV roundup. I believe since then he has retired and is curently now involved in the dirt bike scene with his family bringing up the young ones, I'm thinking you'll see those kids on the flat track seen one day. I have never seen better riding on a big bike before. Here's a link if you have never seen him ride, make sure the sound is up.
http://media.putfile.com/Riding-the-Dragon-Part-One

Roy...

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 12:11:39 AM »

Holy Crap Roy,

That boy can ride...
Love hearing the sound of floorboards dragging!!!

Thanks for the link,

Barry
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 24 queries.