Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Gas Situation???  (Read 6042 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Gas Situation???
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2007, 09:05:49 AM »

I truly don't do burnouts, but I do ride hard and take off hard. Just can't seem to help myself.
I ride mines hard too, but as long as it isn't breaking traction I wouldn't think that would be an issue.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

patrickt

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2007, 09:15:05 AM »

Just got home from the Laughlin River Run.  Ran mostly I-40 from Texas through New Mexico and Arizona.  Had no problems finding premium and paid anywhere from $3.40 - $4.05 per gallon.  Wife got 50+ mpg on her 1200 Sportster, I averaged 44 mpg on the SEUC with the Bushtec loaded to the hilt behind me. 

I did however deduct the day of 30+ mph head/crosswinds with 40 mph gusts.  Both of or gas mileages bit the dust that day.

Last year we road to Laughlin starting from Fresno Ca with some friends.  Same SEUC, same Bushtec trailer, only that time the wife rode with me 2-up.  We got 46-48 mpg on that trip.  Wonder if the earth's rotation helped??  :P

Patrick

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2007, 09:21:22 AM »

I ride mines hard too, but as long as it isn't breaking traction I wouldn't think that would be an issue.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Oh yeah it's an issue d00d! The faster you ride, the more heat you generate in the tires, the faster they wear! It also depends on whether it's on asphalt or cement. Cement highways cause more friction (heat) and also wear tires faster. I never get more than 10K out of a rear and usually only 8K. I rarley go on a long trip without burning up a rear and having to stop mid-trip. This might be the first time, since there's only 1200 miles on this tire! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2007, 09:34:03 AM »

I'm lucky to get 32-35mpg on mine with no head wind.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2007, 09:55:08 AM »

Just got home from the Laughlin River Run.  Ran mostly I-40 from Texas through New Mexico and Arizona.  Had no problems finding premium and paid anywhere from $3.40 - $4.05 per gallon.  Wife got 50+ mpg on her 1200 Sportster, I averaged 44 mpg on the SEUC with the Bushtec loaded to the hilt behind me. 

I did however deduct the day of 30+ mph head/crosswinds with 40 mph gusts.  Both of or gas mileages bit the dust that day.

Last year we road to Laughlin starting from Fresno Ca with some friends.  Same SEUC, same Bushtec trailer, only that time the wife rode with me 2-up.  We got 46-48 mpg on that trip.  Wonder if the earth's rotation helped??  :P

Patrick

Might have been the cruise control behind you, or is that speed police?   ::)

We actually got great mileage on the way to Cripple Creek and through the states without additive of ethanol as we have out here.  Our mileage rose several mpg into the 40's.

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2007, 05:18:56 PM »

Not that it matters (i'm 58 years old) and I don't give a $hit how much gas cost- I ain't going green- I'm goin' brown as in dirt!! :soapbox: as long as I can work I can buy fuel if you want to change things then I suggest you register to VOTE most people Don't!! :zwtf: I intend to use as much fuel as I can And I don't care if I leave any for anyone else. If you are worried about someone else then you are a fooling yourself. F'em all  :sauer052: and let god sort them out.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2007, 07:09:19 PM »

Not that it matters (i'm 58 years old) and I don't give a $hit how much gas cost- I ain't going green- I'm goin' brown as in dirt!! :soapbox: as long as I can work I can buy fuel if you want to change things then I suggest you register to VOTE most people Don't!! :zwtf: I intend to use as much fuel as I can And I don't care if I leave any for anyone else. If you are worried about someone else then you are a fooling yourself. F'em all  :sauer052: and let god sort them out.

I knew I liked you for a reason! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2007, 08:19:55 PM »

Might have been the cruise control behind you, or is that speed police?   ::)

We actually got great mileage on the way to Cripple Creek and through the states without additive of ethanol as we have out here.  Our mileage rose several mpg into the 40's.

We have some kind of bastardized, oxengenated gas out here in California. Not only do the sumbitches in the oil bidness overcharge the chit out of us, they give us air instead of gas. I get 37mpg in Cal and 45mpg in Tennessee. AND the stuff is waaaaaaaaaay cheaper in Tennessee, now takin into account that our best bro JR lives there and Graceland is there too and my favorite H-D Dealer anywhere (Bumpus of Memphis) and it couldn't get any better. I may retire there.

B B

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2007, 08:53:42 PM »

Bret,   
  It isn't going to help you much going to Arizona, but in Calif there's no problem with gas, if you've got the money they have it. Paying around 3.50 for premium sure it's alittle higher in the bay area.

Don.............

$3.75 gal. over here in San Francisco.

I've taken a job here, so I'm here Mon. through Fri. then go home on the weekends.  But the up side is they gave me a free apartment at this complex that I'm going to head up the remodel on........so I don't burn any gas all week long.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2007, 10:54:33 PM »

I rarley go on a long trip without burning up a rear

The exact reason I will NEVER have an IRONbutt patch *shrugs*...  8)
I like shiny stuff!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2007, 11:01:23 PM »

$83.75 to fill my 2003 H-D F-150 Supercharged Supercrew with premium yesterday  >:(

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2007, 11:03:17 PM »

$83.75 to fill my 2003 H-D F-150 Supercharged Supercrew with premium yesterday  >:(

BB

That's every three days for me.
I usually run 6 to 800 a month!

:'(

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2007, 09:47:26 AM »

I've taken a job here, so I'm here Mon. through Fri. then go home on the weekends.  But the up side is they gave me a free apartment at this complex that I'm going to head up the remodel on........so I don't burn any gas all week long.

That's what premium is in Bellingham now.

Wish I had that commute JC, you have me beat by 130 miles a day.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2007, 09:51:33 AM »

That's what premium is in Bellingham now.

Wish I had that commute JC, you have me beat by 130 miles a day.
Wow, I should feel good I only paid $3.09/gallon yesterday when I filled the bike up.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2007, 09:54:13 AM »

Wow, I should feel good I only paid $3.09/gallon yesterday when I filled the bike up.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I'm pretty sure we're paying so much do to the delivery cost Gary, we are about 10 miles from the refinery, so I imagine it cost them a ton to deliver the fuel. ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 20 queries.