Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Ambient Temperature Gauge  (Read 9592 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Ambient Temperature Gauge
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2007, 09:35:01 AM »

We could go to jail for that.

In some states.

In other states, mebbe not?

When are you planning to visit Florida, BTW? 

;D

Hey iski! FL's not in this year's plans. You meeting us in Hot Springs? That's gonna be a blast! You should try to make that one. How about flying up to NYC for the weekend for the CVO BBQ at my house? ::) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2007, 09:44:00 AM »

Hey iski! FL's not in this year's plans. You meeting us in Hot Springs? That's gonna be a blast! You should try to make that one. How about flying up to NYC for the weekend for the CVO BBQ at my house? ::) Hoist! 8)

Hey Howie! -  When you ride this way let us know.  Considering Hot Springs but not sure at this point.  Would love to meet more of the CVO riders/posters and my BSR would love to meet the other BSR's from here - certain on that. A fun bunch of folks!

Going to Chattanooga for the Memorial Day weekend to ride around southern Tennessee with 5 other couples.  Jack Daniels - Lynchburg ride & some low mountains in the area - couples trip to a B & B.  1st week of June about 50 of us (guys only this trip) are hitting the Deal's Gap/western NC area - staying in Franklin, NC.

Hope you all have a great time at your BBQ!  Post pics!    ;D
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2007, 10:03:36 AM »

Hey Howie! -  When you ride this way let us know.  Considering Hot Springs but not sure at this point.  Would love to meet more of the CVO riders/posters and my BSR would love to meet the other BSR's from here - certain on that. A fun bunch of folks!

Going to Chattanooga for the Memorial Day weekend to ride around southern Tennessee with 5 other couples.  Jack Daniels - Lynchburg ride & some low mountains in the area - couples trip to a B & B.  1st week of June about 50 of us (guys only this trip) are hitting the Deal's Gap/western NC area - staying in Franklin, NC.

Hope you all have a great time at your BBQ!  Post pics!    ;D

Sounds like some good riding trips iski. I really liked the JD factory tour! Make sure that they let you stick your head in one of them Whiskey Fermenters! Good Chit man! Then after the tour, ride over to the cemetary to JD's grave site to complete the experience. You can get specially aged commerorative Whiskey there, but no regular Whiskey. They're in a Dry County, so be prepared. After the tour, you might get a little thirsty, but you won't find your Nectar of the Gods there! Have fun on the Dragon too! Great riding area! Enjoy yor summer and we'll see you in Hot Springs!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2007, 10:08:28 AM »

Sounds like some good riding trips iski. I really liked the JD factory tour! Make sure that they let you stick your head in one of them Whiskey Fermenters! Good Chit man! Then after the tour, ride over to the cemetary to JD's grave site to complete the experience. You can get specially aged commerorative Whiskey there, but no regular Whiskey. They're in a Dry County, so be prepared. After the tour, you might get a little thirsty, but you won't find your Nectar of the Gods there! Have fun on the Dragon too! Great riding area! Enjoy yor summer and we'll see you in Hot Springs!

Thanks Hoist.  A couple of us have been there before - you are right about those whisky fermenters.. mmmmmmmmmm

Was retelling the story of how old JD died last night.  Dry county - locals make but pretend not to drink it I suppose.  We are considering buying a barrel, but when we get there will find out who was serious and who was not.

Looking forward to the Dragon - most fun road I get to ride each year!  Will be riding starting tomorrow & finally getting a few days away from the old salt mine.  Reading about your trip got me primed and ready to go.  Have a great weekend!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2007, 12:40:38 PM »

Thanks Hoist.  A couple of us have been there before - you are right about those whisky fermenters.. mmmmmmmmmm

Was retelling the story of how old JD died last night.  Dry county - locals make but pretend not to drink it I suppose.  We are considering buying a barrel, but when we get there will find out who was serious and who was not.

Looking forward to the Dragon - most fun road I get to ride each year!  Will be riding starting tomorrow & finally getting a few days away from the old salt mine.  Reading about your trip got me primed and ready to go.  Have a great weekend!

Hey Mike...if you're messing around the 'Nooga area, be sure and sample the brews at River House, right across from the Aquarium downtown.  Good eats there too.  If you take a ride up the mountain towards Ruby Falls, stay on Lookout Mountain Parkway and take the short ride over to Cloudland Canyone State Park in Northeastern Georgia, if your schedule isn't already full.  You can take the Pkwy all the way into Mentone, AL and visit Little River Canyon, hop back on the interstate and be in Chattanooga in less than an hour from there.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2007, 12:50:22 PM »

Hey Mike...if you're messing around the 'Nooga area, be sure and sample the brews at River House, right across from the Aquarium downtown.  Good eats there too.  If you take a ride up the mountain towards Ruby Falls, stay on Lookout Mountain Parkway and take the short ride over to Cloudland Canyone State Park in Northeastern Georgia, if your schedule isn't already full.  You can take the Pkwy all the way into Mentone, AL and visit Little River Canyon, hop back on the interstate and be in Chattanooga in less than an hour from there.

Thanks Terry.  Went to the Aquarium last year when HOG had there deal there in Aug. - wished we had known about the River House then.  Plans this trip - in consideration of the wimmens and all - include:

Ride from our B & B in Lookout Mt. Georgia to Lynchburg for the JD tour/lunch.  Next day ride to Fall Creek Falls and tour the area.  Very scenic.  I have been to both but my BSR and several on our trip have not.  Went to Ruby Falls last year also.

Afternoons are mostly free - the ride to Little River Canyon is a possibility.  Our route up from Tally takes us through Cloudland - we follow 27 up to Summerfield and then 138, 157, and some smaller twisty roads.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2007, 01:12:08 PM »

Thanks Terry.  Went to the Aquarium last year when HOG had there deal there in Aug. - wished we had known about the River House then.  Plans this trip - in consideration of the wimmens and all - include:

Ride from our B & B in Lookout Mt. Georgia to Lynchburg for the JD tour/lunch.  Next day ride to Fall Creek Falls and tour the area.  Very scenic.  I have been to both but my BSR and several on our trip have not.  Went to Ruby Falls last year also.

Afternoons are mostly free - the ride to Little River Canyon is a possibility.  Our route up from Tally takes us through Cloudland - we follow 27 up to Summerfield and then 138, 157, and some smaller twisty roads.

If you're coming up from Sommerville and hanging a right, you'll be on the Lookout Mountain Pkwy.  If you don't turn there, continue a few miles, you'll be in Mentone, AL.  If you're there around lunch time, stop at Log Cabin Deli...quaint little place with home veggies and good sandwiches. Hot Fudge cake ain't bad either.  There's a couple of nicnak shops there too.  Little bitty town...the ride from there, continuing on LMP South takes you buy Desoto Falls, Desoto State Park, then over to Little River Canyon Falls, which is now probably a trickle because of the drought.  The ride around the canyon rim has several pull offs to view the canyon.  It's bigger/deeper than Cloudland...National Preserve status now.  Nice area of the state and worth a visit if time allows.

You MUST try River House!!!  Good brew and they have summer ales and others brewed on the premises.  Outdoor seating is available if the weather is good.  There's also a good Mexican place accross the street and around the corner with nice outdoor seating if you get a hankerin' for a margahootie.

TTS Mastertune

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2007, 01:19:35 PM »

If you're coming up from Sommerville and hanging a right, you'll be on the Lookout Mountain Pkwy.  If you don't turn there, continue a few miles, you'll be in Mentone, AL.  If you're there around lunch time, stop at Log Cabin Deli...quaint little place with home veggies and good sandwiches. Hot Fudge cake ain't bad either.  There's a couple of nicnak shops there too.  Little bitty town...the ride from there, continuing on LMP South takes you buy Desoto Falls, Desoto State Park, then over to Little River Canyon Falls, which is now probably a trickle because of the drought.  The ride around the canyon rim has several pull offs to view the canyon.  It's bigger/deeper than Cloudland...National Preserve status now.  Nice area of the state and worth a visit if time allows.

You MUST try River House!!!  Good brew and they have summer ales and others brewed on the premises.  Outdoor seating is available if the weather is good.  There's also a good Mexican place accross the street and around the corner with nice outdoor seating if you get a hankerin' for a margahootie.

All right!  River House will be my dinner suggestion.  Terkillya is my middle name.   :drink:

On the way up we are planning to get to Lookout early and then ride the area.  Will check with the other navigators on Little River Canyon Falls - may come back through AL from Lynchburg and that would be a great ride back up Lookout from there.

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2007, 01:23:53 PM »

All right!  River House will be my dinner suggestion.  Terkillya is my middle name.   :drink:

On the way up we are planning to get to Lookout early and then ride the area.  Will check with the other navigators on Little River Canyon Falls - may come back through AL from Lynchburg and that would be a great ride back up Lookout from there.

Lay low on ther Terkillya till you arrive at your destination.  ;D
Have a safe and FUN trip

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2007, 01:27:34 PM »

Lay low on ther Terkillya till you arrive at your destination.  ;D
Have a safe and FUN trip

Thanks, HD.  No morjoreeters until we arrive - always.  Tekillya will kill ya if ya ride with tekillya goggles.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2007, 01:54:06 PM »

So many things to see/do, so little time...

Russell Cave Monument in extreme North Alabama is a pretty neat place too...ancient Native American dwelling.  The ride over from the Scottsboro, AL area towards Valley Head is nice too...anywhere around Lake Guntersville is nice.

The main thing is to have fun and be safe...you've got great weather from what it looks like.  Suzanne and I are headed for the lake (Martin) Saturday, Derek Trucks Band on Sunday night near the lake, then back Monday.

Here's what I think we need to do next Winter...a CVO member snow skiing trip in February to Park City, Utah!!!  Rent a house or a few condos, take the ladies...for those who don't ski, there's plenty of other stuff to do there.

TTS Mastertune

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2007, 02:02:44 PM »

So many things to see/do, so little time...

Russell Cave Monument in extreme North Alabama is a pretty neat place too...ancient Native American dwelling.  The ride over from the Scottsboro, AL area towards Valley Head is nice too...anywhere around Lake Guntersville is nice.

The main thing is to have fun and be safe...you've got great weather from what it looks like.  Suzanne and I are headed for the lake (Martin) Saturday, Derek Trucks Band on Sunday night near the lake, then back Monday.

Here's what I think we need to do next Winter...a CVO member snow skiing trip in February to Park City, Utah!!!  Rent a house or a few condos, take the ladies...for those who don't ski, there's plenty of other stuff to do there.

Friends own a place on Lake Guntersville - very pretty.  Road around Scottsboro & south of Huntsville quite a bit last year - great roads.

We road in the lake Martin area on our last trip to Bham when we met you and Suzanne. Lovely area. Hope you & Suzanne have a wonderful time!

I am in on the ski trip!!  Skied park a few years ago - great trails.  Deer Valley is not far away.  Skied Alta also.  There is tons of stuff to do in the area.  Some of the best snow in Utah, no doubt.  Not just an idle thought here - great idea Terry!   Wonder how many CVOers would be interested?

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2007, 02:21:54 PM »

Friends own a place on Lake Guntersville - very pretty.  Road around Scottsboro & south of Huntsville quite a bit last year - great roads.

We road in the lake Martin area on our last trip to Bham when we met you and Suzanne. Lovely area. Hope you & Suzanne have a wonderful time!

I am in on the ski trip!!  Skied park a few years ago - great trails.  Deer Valley is not far away.  Skied Alta also.  There is tons of stuff to do in the area.  Some of the best snow in Utah, no doubt.  Not just an idle thought here - great idea Terry!   Wonder how many CVOers would be interested?

I've been kicking that idea around in my head for a few weeks now...Have skied PC four times, along with The Canyons, and Deer Valley.  I'm a skier, not a boarder, so really like Deer Valley for that reason.  The shuttle system around that area precludes the need for a rental, and a shuttle from the SLC airport is cheap.  Flights into SLC can be had for under 3 bills.  I didn't get to go this past season and am missing it.  I'm not great, but can do blues and tame blacks...groomers for me, and no moguls.  I just like to carve. 

I know Rjob used to ski...Special Ed does Xcountry but wants to downhill...I'll be there are several here who would be interested.  There are some very nice, huge homes for rent at Deer Valley...affordable if shared.  I think it would be a friggin' blast!!!  Feb is generally not a good riding month anyway, so it would be something to do and look forward to.  Suzanne doesn't like it, but loves to go to town and shop, so she's good to go.

I'm in...think we should post something in the Events section soon and see if we can generate interest? :bananarock:

TTS Mastertune

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2007, 04:49:27 PM »

I've been kicking that idea around in my head for a few weeks now...Have skied PC four times, along with The Canyons, and Deer Valley.  I'm a skier, not a boarder, so really like Deer Valley for that reason.  The shuttle system around that area precludes the need for a rental, and a shuttle from the SLC airport is cheap.  Flights into SLC can be had for under 3 bills.  I didn't get to go this past season and am missing it.  I'm not great, but can do blues and tame blacks...groomers for me, and no moguls.  I just like to carve. 

I know Rjob used to ski...Special Ed does Xcountry but wants to downhill...I'll be there are several here who would be interested.  There are some very nice, huge homes for rent at Deer Valley...affordable if shared.  I think it would be a friggin' blast!!!  Feb is generally not a good riding month anyway, so it would be something to do and look forward to.  Suzanne doesn't like it, but loves to go to town and shop, so she's good to go.

I'm in...think we should post something in the Events section soon and see if we can generate interest? :bananarock:

Agreed, Terry.  I do not snowboard but love to ski the blues and easier blacks - not so much on moguls anymore due to the knees.  Term myself a 'blue cruiser' at this point - have not been in several years.  Deer is nicer than Park (both are great).  Lisa quit skiing a few years back, but will snowmobile one day at least.  She & I have a blast for that day and then I go back to skiing and she shops. Count us in.

Why don't you post something in Events and see who is interested.  A sticky would be very helpful.  Should be a lot of fun.

Mike

Ed Ramberger - One_Screamin_Eagle

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSEI
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2007, 10:37:53 PM »

Has anybody heard of a fix for the ambient temperature gauge? On both of my flt's its about useless. I hate to replace it with something else that won't match the CVO set up. Or is there something I'm not aware of such as a beer finder.
Mine is very accurate.  Next time you have the fairing off, relocate the sensor down to the lower open part of the fairing.  Ambient air will hit it when you ride.  Where it is from the factory, your headlight is heating it up.
FLTRSEI -Delphi Conversion, 103", 251 cams, Heavy Breather & a couple other little tweaks
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 21 queries.