Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: STUCK IN BILLINGS...  (Read 1123 times)

ace4059

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
STUCK IN BILLINGS...
« on: May 30, 2007, 12:28:25 PM »

....Montana. My brother in law and I are on the 5th day of a 10 day 4500 mile ride from Texas thru New Mexico, Colorado, Utah Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, and back down thru Wyoming, and Colorado and back to Texas. We just rode over Beartooth Pass yesterday in the snow--- it was fantastic. Pulled in to Red Lodge Montana at sundown last nite in the pouring rain. Got ready to leave the motel this am to head to Sturgis thru the northern part of Wyoming. I happened to look at my rear tire and it was slick ! Only 8000 miles and it looks like a drag racing tire. The closest dealership is Beartooth HD here in Billings Montana so that is where I am now. They are trying to work me in so it will be about 1-1/2 to 2 hours before we are back on the road. See you later.
There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.- Roger Staubach.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: STUCK IN BILLINGS...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 12:31:47 PM »

....Montana. My brother in law and I are on the 5th day of a 10 day 4500 mile ride from Texas thru New Mexico, Colorado, Utah Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, and back down thru Wyoming, and Colorado and back to Texas. We just rode over Beartooth Pass yesterday in the snow--- it was fantastic. Pulled in to Red Lodge Montana at sundown last nite in the pouring rain. Got ready to leave the motel this am to head to Sturgis thru the northern part of Wyoming. I happened to look at my rear tire and it was slick ! Only 8000 miles and it looks like a drag racing tire. The closest dealership is Beartooth HD here in Billings Montana so that is where I am now. They are trying to work me in so it will be about 1-1/2 to 2 hours before we are back on the road. See you later.

Rode that exact same area last year, Ace.  Saw snow on the sides of Bear Tooth but not on the road - in mid July.  Great ride!  Get that tire fixed and back on the road.

Had a bird dog trained in Seymore and have been to Wichita Falls more than a few times.  Travel safe!

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 01:12:05 PM »

Howdy Ace;

Good thing you looked before heading out. Pretty desolate country to have a blow out and the resulting mayhem from that. Guess there's a lot worse places to have a little layover. Enjoy the rest of the trip.

Panhead_Jimmy

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 03:14:30 PM »

Does anyone have the name of a preferred motel or good bar in Red Lodge, Montana?
2004 Hemi Dodge Slammed Ram, Short Bed Std Cab
1945 Knuckle
1956 Pan
2015 FLHTKSE
2017 CVO Street Glide Orange/Starfire Black

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 03:17:48 PM »

Does anyone have the name of a preferred motel or good bar in Red Lodge, Montana?

We stayed in Cody, WY so no help on the motel.  Natali's in Red Lodge - great bar.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 09:31:37 PM »

Sure is one hella place to be stuck, enjoy the stay brother. Hope you get the tire soon.

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 20 queries.