Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Prostate Cancer  (Read 7277 times)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: Prostate Cancer
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2007, 12:48:09 PM »

Chief, we were expecting to see you special "Fight Breat Cancer" Helmet, not you Indian Headress! ::)

Hoist! 8)

AJ saw it. For some reason he wouldn't wear it to dinner. He mumbled something about not wanting to look like a boob. I couldn't understand what he was talking about, but then again, he IS from South Carolina.  :D

:indian_chief:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2007, 12:51:50 PM »

Chief, congrats to you and Pinkie for all of the work you guys do! Can't make it down this year but if I were, I agree, I don't think I would have a problem picking you out of the crowd. ;)

Take care,
Ed

Ed,

It's so funny that what I do, the Moto Crew, doesn't seem like work. Sure, I'm TOTALLY wiped out afterwards, but talk about being on a 'high' for three whole days.

The walkers have it tough, we've got the easy gig!  ;D

« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 12:55:40 PM by Chief »

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2007, 08:34:59 AM »

Great that you could do the motorcrew thing again.  I did it once, the most heart touching effort I have ever participated in.  In fact, you have reminded me to check into this for next year.  It is a great three days helping the walkers cross intersections safely. 

Did I miss the thread with the pic of the boob helmet? 

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2007, 08:39:49 AM »

Great that you could do the motorcrew thing again.  I did it once, the most heart touching effort I have ever participated in.  In fact, you have reminded me to check into this for next year.  It is a great three days helping the walkers cross intersections safely. 

Did I miss the thread with the pic of the boob helmet? 

Not yet. I'm waiting for the event to show my boob.   :D

I did get my new safety vest in the mail yesterday. I got one that says 'CHIEF' front and back.

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
Prostate Cancer.
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2008, 10:31:08 AM »

This is a re-re-post of a thread from several years ago. I wanted to bump it again as it's been way too long that I made this offer. Being now 6 years out I thought I'd post my offer again as there are a lot of new members. Please use my e-mail  edw_baird@yahoo.com if I miss getting back to you from the site.

Ed

I know it's been said many times how great this site is, for me, it's helped me meet great people from all over the world and some as close as two towns away. With that I want to give back something to our CVO family and beyond.

Six years ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. At 42 I was considered pretty young to have it. I was told that had it not been found I would not have made it to see my 50th birthday.

Long story short, I had surgery and only have to keep up the now annual blood testing. The price I paid to get rid of cancer was a VERY small one. Some of you that have met me in person have asked about the yellow bracelet that I wear. It's to support cancer research, the Lance Armstrong foundation, and reminds me every day that I have been given another chance to try and get things right.

The reason I'm posting this is to let anybody that has concerns about prostate cancer or is going through it, gone through it or wants somebody to talk to about it. To PM or email me at any time. If there is somebody that you know that is a none member, doesn't matter, just help them get in touch with me.

This offer is also extended to the wives and girlfriends too, Donna helped me through my ordeal and learned a lot and will talk about how it has effected her too.

I just want to let people know that they are not alone going through this.

Thanks and Take Care,
Ed and Donna
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 03:31:41 PM by Special_Ed »
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: Prostate Cancer.
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2008, 10:40:55 AM »

This is a re-post of a thread from last year. On my way in to work this morning there was an article on the radio about prostate cancer. Being now 2-1/2 years out I thought I'd post my offer again as there are a lot of new members.

Ed

I know it's been said many times how great this site is, for me, it's helped me meet great people from all over the world and some as close as two towns away. With that I want to give back something to our CVO family and beyond.

Two years ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. At 42 I was considered pretty young to have it. I was told that had it not been found I would not have made it to see my 50th birthday.

Long story short, I had surgery and only have to keep up the now annual blood testing. The price I paid to get rid of cancer was a VERY small one. Some of you that have met me in person have asked about the yellow bracelet that I wear. It's to support cancer research, the Lance Armstrong foundation, and reminds me every day that I have been given another chance to try and get things right.

The reason I'm posting this is to let anybody that has concerns about prostate cancer or is going through it, gone through it or wants somebody to talk to about it. To PM or email me at any time. If there is somebody that you know that is a none member, doesn't matter, just help them get in touch with me.

This offer is also extended to the wives and girlfriends too, Donna helped me through my ordeal and learned a lot and will talk about how it has effected her too.

I just want to let people know that they are not alone going through this.

Thanks and Take Care,
Ed and Donna

I am now 1 1/2 years out from my prostate cancer - I was age 47 when diagonsed during a normal routine yearly physical.  I was early enough that I did not require surgery - I had 88 radioactive seeds inserted into the prostate.  (I will spare everyone the details of how that takes place  :-X)  The result of the treatment has been very good.  I am currently at the stage of being tested every 6 months.  So far my results have been excellent...

My story continues a bit - when I was diagnosed, I mentioned it to the CFO of our company at lunch one day.  He also was 47.  He went and had a physical - and also was diagonosed with prostate cancer.  His was a bit more advanced, so he opted for surgery.  His surgery was successful, and he also is at the 6 month testing interval.

He and I are both very lucky that my family doctor was so thorough in my yearly physical exam...

I am also available to anyone who would like to contact me about my experience or anyone who would like to discuss their experience.
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2008, 10:48:42 AM »

You two guy's are great . This is a subject that no one wants to talk about but knowing others have made it through and is willing to talk about it is truly helpful. :2vrolijk_21:
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

Firechief2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCU3
    • Calgary Red Knights
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2008, 11:14:32 AM »

I don't know whether you have this ride in your area.  http://www.motorcycleridefordad.org/
Two years ago we started the Calgary chapter of the ride with great success. It is a subject that needs to be brought to the attention of all.
Roy J
Past President Calgary Red Knights
Deputy Chief (retired) SFD

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2008, 11:16:44 AM »

I don't know whether you have this ride in your area.  http://www.motorcycleridefordad.org/
Two years ago we started the Calgary chapter of the ride with great success. It is a subject that needs to be brought to the attention of all.
This is awesome, thanks so much for posting this.  Next time we drive North, we check and see if there is a ride going on.  I have not heard this going on in our local area at all. 

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2008, 11:19:13 AM »

Didn't know about it either, Thanks for posting it!

Ed
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2008, 11:24:23 AM »

We have that ride up in my area in Ontario Canada. I go if I am in town. One of my best friends passed away before his 50th birthday from prostate cancer.Said physicals were a waste of time & hadn't had one until it was too far advanced.  Tell that to his two kids that aren't teenagers yet. GET CHECKED. 
The Muffman

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2008, 11:31:52 AM »

Wow Ed and Scott, hats off to you two. It is OUTSTANDING that you guys step up like this in support of those with cancer. For that there's a cold one or two on me  :2vrolijk_21:

Great goin' guys.

Howie

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2008, 11:55:48 AM »

I just had my yearly physical the Wed before the Adirondack trip, bloodwork the whole 9 yards. When the doctor asked me about checking the prostate I just cringed. Having just turned fifty I knew this would be part of it. I'ts just something we have to do if we want to live a healthy and stay alive. My brother had colon cancer 13 yrs ago, he's cancer free still today. So that is something else to keep an eye on once you turn 50. I'm glad your healthy there Special Fuzz I mean Ed.
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2008, 01:07:30 PM »

I just had my yearly physical the Wed before the Adirondack trip, bloodwork the whole 9 yards. When the doctor asked me about checking the prostate I just cringed. Having just turned fifty I knew this would be part of it. I'ts just something we have to do if we want to live a healthy and stay alive. My brother had colon cancer 13 yrs ago, he's cancer free still today. So that is something else to keep an eye on once you turn 50. I'm glad your healthy there Special Fuzz I mean Ed.

As important as the "cringe exam" is a PSA blood test.  I passed the "cringe test" with flying colors, but failed the PSA test, which led to a biopsy and so on.... ;)
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2008, 01:13:50 PM »

Thanks for the posts and updates. I lost my father, 51, and his father, 73, to prostate cancer. I get my tests annually and so far so good. I am glad you are doing fine now and are here for those of us who may need you!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 21 queries.