Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fuel Moto experiences?  (Read 1763 times)

rotag

Fuel Moto experiences?
« on: June 14, 2007, 06:51:51 PM »

Hi all again, yes I promise I will get pics of my bike on soon.

Like some others, I am unhappy and worried about the heat the 110 produces. I was told by a local custom bike shop that it will eventually tear itself apart because of said heat and that depending on how many miles I had on my bike, that if I pulled the plugs, i might be able to see aluminum particles on the plug? (that worried me a little  :o)

I have looked into a number fixes for a solution that would be a good compromise between correcting the heat problem by running a richer engine, performance (not a major one for me, the bike already goes plenty fast enough to get me as many tickets as I want), price, and the ability to put the bike back to stock if a w....ty problem should arise.

Fuel Moto sells the PCIII with custom map pre-installed for your exact setup. (for me, I am thinking of going with the rush 4" slip-ons that accept the stock billet tips, and keeping the stock intake)

Does anyone have experience with Fuel Moto's PCIII? and if so, first and foremost, did it fix the heat problem?

Thanks for the help,
Rotag
2007 Blue SEUC, PCIII

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: Fuel Moto experiences?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 10:14:13 AM »

From what I've seen and heard anything to improve the extremely lean run condition in the stock bike will help.  But I don't think anything will make that huge 110 as cool running as an EVO or a TC88.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 10:23:31 AM »

Rotag,

I have not used Fuel Moto's package, but anything that does add more fuel will help, but their package should be close if you go with their specific mods, but it will most likely not be dead on as each motor tends to have its own characteristics.

Personally if close is good enough for you great, but I would recommend getting whatever mode of tuning and taking it to a named person that does this and is known for tuning bikes and let them dial your bike in so it is exact and it is right especially since you are concerned about the heat.   Some heat is going to still be there its unavoidable, but it is manageable.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 10:26:58 PM »

My personal experience with Fuelmoto is that they will load a MAP with your mods, but it will, in all probability, be a bit too rich.  They are a great company to do business with.  Jamie is a good guy and will help you out.  Their prices on the PCIII are about as good as they get.  You can get some indication by how much your fuel mileage drops as to how rich it will be running.  I do think they err on the side of being rich, which doesn't hurt anything.

As mentioned, I would still get a tune on the bike once you settle on a final combination of parts you like.  If you live close to an area where large events are held, you might look for John Golden's Rolling Thunder Dyno...he's about the best there is on a PCIII.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 09:02:11 AM »

My personal experience with Fuelmoto is that they will load a MAP with your mods, but it will, in all probability, be a bit too rich.  They are a great company to do business with.  Jamie is a good guy and will help you out.  Their prices on the PCIII are about as good as they get.  You can get some indication by how much your fuel mileage drops as to how rich it will be running.  I do think they err on the side of being rich, which doesn't hurt anything.

As mentioned, I would still get a tune on the bike once you settle on a final combination of parts you like.  If you live close to an area where large events are held, you might look for John Golden's Rolling Thunder Dyno...he's about the best there is on a PCIII.
I second Terry's comments; the folks at FuelMoto are great to work with and their prices are the best I've found anywhere.  As for the map they supply, you have to understand that while they can provide a map based on your stated modifications that will be reasonably close (at least as close as any "canned" map from any source), due to the variations from bike to bike the supplied map will not be "optimized" for your bike.  If you find that the bike runs well with the supplied map and it meets your needs, great.  If not, have the bike dyno-tuned by a reputable tuner.

BTW - anyone who claims to be able to provide a map fully optimized for your bike without directly tuning it is blowing smoke.  The MoCo can't even do it on stock bikes due to the huge amount of variation in the component parts (sensors, throttle bodies and injectors, etc.) - that's why seemingly identical stock bikes run so differently.  

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

rotag

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 04:15:42 PM »

Thanks for the info. I am going to order the PCIII this week, also thinking of ordering the new LCD programmer/reader for it as well.

I would like to find slip-ons that will give me better flow, and a little louder sound (nothing too loud, I want to still listen to the stereo), but I am haveing trouble finding a set 4" ones that my stock Tips will fit.

Rotag
2007 Blue SEUC, PCIII

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 24 queries.