Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: V & H Big Radius 2 - 1 installed....  (Read 5130 times)

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
V & H Big Radius 2 - 1 installed....
« on: June 22, 2007, 07:15:32 AM »

Started this cause the previoius thread containing The Big Radius 2 - 1 is getting hella busy with posts.

Installed the new pipes today. Still have not had any Dyno time yet. The preliminary times before the new exhaust and after the engine performance build are now available.

First thing first, here's some Pix for your viewing enjoyment...
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
Re: V & H Big Radius 2 - 1 installed....
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 07:16:23 AM »

FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 07:17:05 AM »

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 07:18:08 AM »

Last #4 ...

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 07:24:33 AM »

And for the DynoJet run after engine build, before V & H Big Radius 2 - 1 installed>>>

Please note: the Red Line pull on sheet is way off the chart due to savage conditions and a half assed non tech moment. These numbers are not any where close to the goals set by my builder and myself. However, after the new exhaust installed and without a run or a canned map....well I got to tell you all that the power I was looking for is right here, right now. The staff at Vance and Hines were pretty much on the money when they thought the propipe was hindering performance of this potential.

I took it out only for a quick ride to see if I could feel any difference and besides the sound, wow the power comes to life.

The DynoJet with new pipes comes in the AM, and I will post results accordingly.

WOW. Even I am impressed with the new turn of events.

Oil cooler is also installed later today.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 07:32:02 AM by kona76 »

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 07:08:22 PM »

Kona,
I must say they look awesome!
What do you think of the sound? I thought it was a litte quiet so I drilled 5 x 1/2 inch holes in the end of the baffle & also removed the fibre glass wrap. This worked out well & even better when I went for the dyno tune as my tuner sets the A/F off the front cylinder & has to get his gas analyser probe right up the front header pipe. In stock form this is impossible & you cannot get a correct A/F reading.

Cheers
Aussie

PS: I will post some pics later of how I finished off under the pipes.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 05:50:36 AM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 05:52:30 AM »

FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 05:53:30 AM »

FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 07:20:08 AM »

I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.I have to stop OCD.

Well i am sure i definately need that pipe. :drink:
Ridin Legend

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 08:31:23 AM »

And here's the Dyno Results.....

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 08:37:52 AM »

Aussie,

The polished / chrome looking brackets supporting the new pipe is an inspiration.

Right now, my priority is in the final tunning. I have to go outside my normal loop of technical gurus and get an opinion about making a new map for the RACE Tuner. If it gets together, I'll post it accordingly.

For now the numbers come from a calibrated DynoJet around: 107 HP and 114 Torque.

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 11:33:41 AM »

Thanks for all the input on these pipes Kona, Aussie.

I may have to go to these if I can't get my Rineharts quiet enough for the wife. I normally don't like the look of a two into one but these pipes look great from the top and side. I cant wait to hear em, hope they have a deep sound. My Rineharts have the deepest sound I've heard but they will wake the dead at wot, if I loose the deep sound with changing to the quiet baffles I may look into these V&H pipes you have to satisfy my wife now that she's riding the sefb.

Roy......

btw, Kona you need to change your avatar now to sport those great looking pipes.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 11:35:17 AM by reo »

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 03:45:59 AM »

Thanks for all the input on these pipes Kona, Aussie.

I may have to go to these if I can't get my Rineharts quiet enough for the wife. I normally don't like the look of a two into one but these pipes look great from the top and side. I cant wait to hear em, hope they have a deep sound. My Rineharts have the deepest sound I've heard but they will wake the dead at wot, if I loose the deep sound with changing to the quiet baffles I may look into these V&H pipes you have to satisfy my wife now that she's riding the sefb.

Roy......

btw, Kona you need to change your avatar now to sport those great looking pipes.

Point taken, thanks.

Kona76
Mike K.

Taildraggerdave

• Junior CVO Member
  • V-twin Exhaust--the sound of freedom
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 10:20:46 PM »

I stopped by Kona's house today to check out his bike and it is the best sounding HD I have heard to date (short of maybe a Top Fuel bike).
The bike looks even more phenominal in person.  The new V&H pipes look great.

Congrats on a real beauty.

Dave
Love my '05

Full Throttle

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2007, 08:53:06 PM »

I have been holding off on changing the pipe and other mods as I really like the 200 rear tire and the fender on the 06 and dont want to do this modification.  But holy $%*$# Kona the pipe, rims, seat.....the bike looks awesome. You have me reconsidering now and just keeping the 05. Damn you Kona/Aussie  haha   Excellent work  :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 20 queries.