Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: CVO Motorcycle Cover  (Read 8504 times)

bpalmersheim

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames
CVO Motorcycle Cover
« on: June 25, 2007, 09:28:46 PM »

Finally got around to opening my CVO Cover and discovered that I ended up with a cover for a Softail, instead of the SERK. 

I suspect that the new CVO Spinger Softail (FXSTSSE) at my dealership ended up with a CVO Road King cover and I ended up with his cover.

Will it fit, or should I take it to the dealer and have them get me the correct one?
2007 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames

United States Army Retired (4x Combat Veteran)
CVMA, H.O.G. Member, Patriot Guard Rider

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
Re: CVO Motorcycle Cover
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 12:20:27 AM »

For the money, definitely take it back and get the correct cover for your CVO. That's some really poor QC somewhere along the line, even the dealership doing the 'prep' for delivery should have caught that one.  :nixweiss:
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 09:33:04 AM »

How do you know the difference? I have a cover for my Road King and another one for my Fat Boy, and they are identical. The only cover I have seen being different is the one for the E-Glides.

Ride Safe!

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

MichaelHDMD

• FLHRSE3 - SCRMN7

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 11:27:44 AM »

Mine (FLHRSE3) is a softtail as well.  It is a little snug in the rear, but it fits well enough.

bpalmersheim

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 12:15:37 PM »

How do you know the difference? I have a cover for my Road King and another one for my Fat Boy, and they are identical. The only cover I have seen being different is the one for the E-Glides.

Ride Safe!

The white tag on the cover says it is for Model: Softail (FXSTSSE)
2007 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames

United States Army Retired (4x Combat Veteran)
CVMA, H.O.G. Member, Patriot Guard Rider

leoniru

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 02:34:03 PM »

Had the same problem with my '07 SERK on delivery, only I discovered a 'SMALL' 100th Anniversary cover inside the drawstring sack, and being a (former) believer in the infallability of anything the MoCo or any of it's underlings does, I tried placing the cover on the bike. Hmmmm, seems way too small --- I'll bet you have to take off the quick attach windshield so it'll fit. Hmmm,Hmmmm, STILL way too small --- maybe the saddlebags need removed as well!
And then the light appeared in my fuzzy little brain --- THEY SCREWED UP!!!!!
The dealer got me the right cover  -- at least I think he did -- I just realized I never removed the replacement cover from it's outer storage bag. At least it says CVO on the bag!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 02:37:34 PM »

I still haven't removed mine from the plastic bag it came in, or looked at it at all. I think I took it out of the plastic for a picture, but never took the cover out. Sounds like I better check mine too! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Serkcus

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 Candy Cobalt SERK
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 12:13:33 AM »

Just checked mine. Says Softail ! No wonder when the only time I tried to get it on, I gave up as it would not fit over the rear. Geez HD can's  seem to get anything right.

leoniru

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 09:37:33 PM »

Makes me wonder if our bikes weren't built sometime around that labor dispute at the York plant --- I believe that's where all the SERKs are assembled. Maybe some fun-luvin' employees decided to mess around a bit.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 12:05:30 PM »

I checked mine this weekend and it is HD P/N 91625-04, which is a Softail cover for a SE Deuce. I check the SERK3 Parts Catalog and it shows this as the P/N. I believe they screwed up from the beginning with the P/N, and have been shipping these instead of a SERK cover. Has this been corrected and if so, what is the correct P/N for the CVO Cover for the SERK3? Thanks. Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

leoniru

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 07:17:55 PM »

Christ, I just checked mine and it's also the Softail cover H-D part # 91625-04.
It fits, but just barely. When I put my 4" over stock Clearview on, it's not gonna fit! Nuts!
Does anyone with a SERK actually have a CVO cover that says Road King or Touring on the tag?

FLHRSE3

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 08:03:27 PM »

Same here, 91625-04.

Gregg

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 08:42:46 PM »

my guess is they fit a lot of different ones.  why make individual ones when you can make a one size fits all.

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2007, 09:25:47 PM »

Has anyone ever tried this damn thig? I only looked at the tag when I heard this. Now I don't have the bike to try it. Does the Softail cover work with saddlebags and wind shield on the SERK, or not? The P/N in the SERK3 specific Parts Catalog matches P/N 91625-04, and everyone seems to have this one. If it fits, as Dennis said, it's for more than one model. If not, we all need new covers! Does it fit? :nixweiss: Hoist! 8)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2007, 09:29:32 PM »

Has anyone ever tried this damn thig? I only looked at the tag when I heard this. Now I don't have the bike to try it. Does the Softail cover work with saddlebags and wind shield on the SERK, or not? The P/N in the SERK3 specific Parts Catalog matches P/N 91625-04, and everyone seems to have this one. If it fits, as Dennis said, it's for more than one model. If not, we all need new covers! Does it fit? :nixweiss: Hoist! 8)
Never have taken mine out the bag. Figured if I ever sold the bike I would state the cover was "New in bag, Never used". Might be an added selling feature. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 20 queries.