Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Binx Makes Grits!  (Read 16219 times)

Binx

• Hoist's BSR
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Binx Makes Grits!
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2007, 01:58:53 PM »

Binx,

Can't believe it Howie told me you were all trained now and "YOUR" making of GRITS for "HIM" was going to be a regular thing as part of the famous Binx morning breakfast.  I believed him to be sincere, but as you know with him I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or not, but interested in finding out the details on this.   

** Side Note **  when is the SPA day planned I hear you have some catching up to do hehe    :huepfenlol2:

Oh yeah...I feel a SPA DAY comin on!  :orange:
wut?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2007, 02:03:04 PM »

Binx,

Can't believe it Howie told me you were all trained now and "YOUR" making of GRITS for "HIM" was going to be a regular thing as part of the famous Binx morning breakfast.  I believed him to be sincere, but as you know with him I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or not, but interested in finding out the details on this.   

** Side Note **  when is the SPA day planned I hear you have some catching up to do hehe   :huepfenlol2:

Friggin' instigator Harry! :P ;D Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2007, 02:26:52 PM »

Binx,

I am here for you Howie, all the cutting and pasting I can do to keep you happy.

Media Retraction needed:

I meant to say SPA WEEK ... yup that's it ... typo corrected
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2007, 02:29:23 PM »

Binx,

I am here for you Howie, all the cutting and pasting I can do to keep you happy.

Media Retraction needed:

I meant to say SPA WEEK ... yup that's it ... typo corrected

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Binx

• Hoist's BSR
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2007, 02:38:42 PM »

wut?

REGGAB

« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2007, 09:37:08 PM »

Howie, Binx,
Don't let these folks fool you.  I'm certain they've told you that grits are made from a corn derivative called hominy.  That is NOT true.  Grits grow on trees.  There are grits farms all over the south.  The late Lewis Grizzard from the booming metropolis of Moreland, GA wrote a book about grits farms.  It is entitled "Don't Sit Under the Grits Tree With Anyone Else But Me."  He wrote a few other works of prose such as "Shoot Low Boys, They're Ridin' Shetland Ponies," "Elvis is Dead and I Don't Feel So Good Myself,"  "If Love Were Oil, I'd Be About a Quart Low, " and "Chili Dawgs Only Bark at Night."  Anyway, just wanted to set the two of you straight on the true origin of our fine southern fare.  And don't ever........under any circumstances....taint the cuisine with sugar.  Redeye gravy and salt are the only acceptable seasonings.

Oh, and if your ever down here in North Alabama, we'll go Snipe hunting!  Now that is some GOOD country fun.  Howie and I will hunt, and Binx will hold the bag.

"Here Snipe!"  They're out there cluckin' in my back lot right now.  Think I'll grab Renea and go catch breakfast!!!  Goes good with grits and redeye gravy.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2007, 10:07:22 AM »

Reggab,

While I am not particularly fond of Grits myself, isn't it common to find them garnished with a lump of butter after being dispensed to the bowl or is that just a Floridian thing?

As for the SNIPE Hunting please video tape the event for BINX she will really appreciate the documentary on how she was able to get her first one in the bag.    I don't know how you are ever going to get Howie to be quiet enough to succeed, but best of luck on the hunt.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2007, 10:09:19 AM »

I like them with a wad of butter too! And WTF is a SNIPE? :nixweiss: Hoist! 8)

REGGAB

« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2007, 10:21:08 AM »

Reggab,

While I am not particularly fond of Grits myself, isn't it common to find them garnished with a lump of butter after being dispensed to the bowl or is that just a Floridian thing?

As for the SNIPE Hunting please video tape the event for BINX she will really appreciate the documentary on how she was able to get her first one in the bag.    I don't know how you are ever going to get Howie to be quiet enough to succeed, but best of luck on the hunt.

I've heard of people putting butter in grits.......and I guess that is OK, but for me and my house, salt and redeye gravy are mainstay seasonings for grits.  Sometimes that's all we have for breakfast.  Since we had a successful hunt last night, this morning we did have fried snipe and grits.   :2vrolijk_21: Good stuff.

I could probably do a video, but I'd need to get a Starlight scope to catch the action.  You know there cannot be ANY visible white light lest the little bird flee.  I think that once Howie gets into the hunt, he'll realize that absolute silence is the key to a successful snipe bagging.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2007, 10:22:40 AM »

Okay, here is a recipe for shrimp cheese grits. This is a fantastic recipe, even for people who think grits are yuck.

1.  Buy a bag of slow cook grits.  Not instant.  Get the good stuff if you can, trying to avoid standard white hominy grits. If you can find yellow grits in a sack, you're on the right track. Follow the instructions for how much to cook for the size of group you're planning on feeding.
2.  Use chicken broth instead of water when cooking the grits.
3.  Get 1 pound of shrimp for every 5 people eating.
4.  Saute the shrimp in butter using Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning.

5.  Partially cook shrimp until slightly white/pink - but not fully done.
6.  When the grits are ready, throw shrimp in and they will finish cooking in the grits.
7.  Add fresh chopped chives and cracked pepper to taste.
8.  Buy a small packet of good goat cheese, throw it in until it melts. Mix it in thoroughly.
9.  Most importantly, make the dish a day or 2 ahead of time so the flavors can combine.  Reheat in a crock pot. 
10.  Sign autographs when you impress your friends

Where do you get this brand, Tony Chachere's? :nixweiss: Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2007, 10:23:25 AM »

I've heard of people putting butter in grits.......and I guess that is OK, but for me and my house, salt and redeye gravy are mainstay seasonings for grits.  Sometimes that's all we have for breakfast.  Since we had a successful hunt last night, this morning we did have fried snipe and grits.   :2vrolijk_21: Good stuff.

I could probably do a video, but I'd need to get a Starlight scope to catch the action.  You know there cannot be ANY visible white light lest the little bird flee.  I think that once Howie gets into the hunt, he'll realize that absolute silence is the key to a successful snipe bagging.

Henry, WTF is SNIPE? Silence? How do you do that? :nixweiss: Hoist! 8)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2007, 10:26:43 AM »

That chit will never happen. :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

REGGAB

« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2007, 10:27:08 AM »

I like them with a wad of butter too! And WTF is a SNIPE? :nixweiss: Hoist! 8)

Howie, you really should try them with redeye gravy.  Good stuff.  A snipe is a small, flightless bird, a little bigger than a rock cornish game hen, that nests in hedgerows boarding large fields.  Snipe is also a southern breakfast delicacy for those of us who have mastered the art of catching the little bastards.   :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2007, 10:29:14 AM »

Howie, you really should try them with redeye gravy.  Good stuff.  A snipe is a small, flightless bird, a little bigger than a rock cornish game hen, that nests in hedgerows boarding large fields.  Snipe is also a southern breakfast delicacy for those of us who have mastered the art of catching the little bastards.   :2vrolijk_21:

Henry, sounds good man! I'm ready for some Snipe and Grits with Redeye Gravy right now. I think that's Today's Special at the Big Apple Diner! Let's go Binx! ::) Hoist! 8)

REGGAB

« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2007, 10:32:49 AM »

That chit will never happen. :huepfenlol2:
 :pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

This is the challenge about which I'm concerned.  I'd like to believe we can get him to hush long enough to bag some breakfast.........but as previously identified, that may be one of those tasks that just isn't doable.  I do have a roll of duct tape in the barn back home in Tennessee.  We have good snipe up there.  Matter of fact, we're over run with them.  Perhaps we need to go up there for the hunt.  Much better chance of a successful hunt......even with Howie running his mouth.  ;) :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 24 queries.