Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Binx Makes Grits!  (Read 15937 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Binx Makes Grits!
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2007, 08:29:53 AM »

Hey Candy, you said a mouthful there! ;D Had 'em all and love most of them! ;) "RC Cola and a Moon Pie" is an old NRBQ song. Love that band, but they're Yankees! Maybe you guys wanna get Binx some of these great recipes. Grits are only the beginning! ::) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2007, 08:38:08 AM »

Are these instant grits?  I've heard that no self respectin' southerner would ever use 'em...rember the two utes...

And Candy, when visiting family in Norfolk I always look for a good she-crab soup!  Used to be a place on east ocean view that had a good one.  But they changed owners and the recipe changed to something bland.  the Ship's Cabin was it's name.

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2007, 08:48:34 AM »

Are these instant grits?  I've heard that no self respectin' southerner would ever use 'em...rember the two utes...

And Candy, when visiting family in Norfolk I always look for a good she-crab soup!  Used to be a place on east ocean view that had a good one.  But they changed owners and the recipe changed to something bland.  the Ship's Cabin was it's name.

/Bill

Hell no Bill, we don't use no Instant Grits! :D She starts with Fresh Corn and makes her own grits from scratch. ::) Isn't that how ya'll do it too? ;D Not really, but not instant. Don't really understand them instant grits anyway. What's the damn rush! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2007, 08:51:29 AM »

Good for Binx!   :2vrolijk_21:

Cheese grits are even better......

I'll one-up you even more, Shrimp Grits, or even better Shrimp cheese Grits. Da Bomb!!!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2007, 08:53:17 AM »

I'll one-up you even more, Shrimp Grits, or even better Shrimp cheese Grits. Da Bomb!!!

Never heard that, but it sounds good! Hey Binx, you getting all this? ::) Hoist! 8)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2007, 08:54:00 AM »

Howie - it's not official 'til you add the red-eye gravy to those grits.

Jerry

I was wondering if I would see that here. Pork chops, red eye gravy and grits for breakfast. Yummmmm. :orange:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2007, 09:32:29 AM »

Never heard that, but it sounds good! Hey Binx, you getting all this? ::) Hoist! 8)

Okay, here is a recipe for shrimp cheese grits. This is a fantastic recipe, even for people who think grits are yuck.

1.  Buy a bag of slow cook grits.  Not instant.  Get the good stuff if you can, trying to avoid standard white hominy grits. If you can find yellow grits in a sack, you're on the right track. Follow the instructions for how much to cook for the size of group you're planning on feeding.
2.  Use chicken broth instead of water when cooking the grits.
3.  Get 1 pound of shrimp for every 5 people eating.
4.  Saute the shrimp in butter using Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning.

5.  Partially cook shrimp until slightly white/pink - but not fully done.
6.  When the grits are ready, throw shrimp in and they will finish cooking in the grits.
7.  Add fresh chopped chives and cracked pepper to taste.
8.  Buy a small packet of good goat cheese, throw it in until it melts. Mix it in thoroughly.
9.  Most importantly, make the dish a day or 2 ahead of time so the flavors can combine.  Reheat in a crock pot. 
10.  Sign autographs when you impress your friends
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 09:34:15 AM by Chief »

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2007, 09:53:00 AM »

If you are ever in the Apalachicola, FL area, go to a restaurant called Boss Oyster and order Grand Grits...made with a cream sauce with seafood, chopped sausage, chives, cheese....yum yum...best grits I ever tasted.  I don't believe they are shown on their online menu, but they sure are good.  And a meal in itself.

http://www.apalachicolariverinn.com/boss.html
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2007, 10:15:30 AM »

If you are ever in the Apalachicola, FL area, go to a restaurant called Boss Oyster and order Grand Grits...made with a cream sauce with seafood, chopped sausage, chives, cheese....yum yum...best grits I ever tasted.  I don't believe they are shown on their online menu, but they sure are good.  And a meal in itself.

http://www.apalachicolariverinn.com/boss.html

Maybe the best grits in the world @ Boss Oyster.  Last time we were there, we were hungry, so not sure about that, but they are darn good grits.

Not a bad ride to Appalach from east or west, either.  Lots of ocean.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2007, 10:36:47 AM »

Man you guys are killing me with this stuff! Them Shrimp Grits sound great Chief! So does the Boss Oyster! Looks like there's still plenty of new stuff to try out! Can't wait! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2007, 10:40:28 AM »

Man you guys are killing me with this stuff! Them Shrimp Grits sound great Chief! So does the Boss Oyster! Looks like there's still plenty of new stuff to try out! Can't wait! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)

Hoist discovers life outside of "FUN CITY"

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2007, 10:43:58 AM »

Hoist discovers life outside of "FUN CITY"

I always knew it was there Wayne! We finally gave Binx a taste of the Good Ole Southern Home Cooking! ;) But I'm liking these new dishes I never heard of too! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2007, 12:14:55 PM »

Not a bad ride to Appalach from east or west, either.  Lots of ocean.
Yeah, and every now and then I like to take 65 thru Tate's Hell to get there.  about 60 miles of what I believe to be one of the straightest roads in america.  2-lane, through the forest, kick back, set the cruise and CRUISE on down...Grand Grits...haven't been there in a couple of months, and I'm overdue to go...
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

Binx

• Hoist's BSR
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2007, 02:29:23 PM »

Oh, I'm gettin it alright! How's this one for ya...
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Squirrel-and-Liver/Detail.aspx
 :P
wut?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2007, 02:33:06 PM »

Oh, I'm gettin it alright! How's this one for ya...
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Squirrel-and-Liver/Detail.aspx
 :P

I'll skin and gut and you cook 'em up baby! ;D Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 20 queries.