Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: R&R cam plate pictures  (Read 4346 times)

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

R&R cam plate pictures
« on: June 30, 2007, 01:54:18 PM »

This is the cam plate as you can see it is a much beefier unit
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

Re: R&R cam plate pictures
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 01:55:55 PM »

Another, ( i cannot figure out how to attach more than one picture at a time??)

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 01:57:10 PM »

the other side of the cam plate

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 02:01:40 PM »

Another, ( i cannot figure out how to attach more than one picture at a time??)
You can only attach one picture at a time. When you see posts w/more then one picture in them they are using the "image" tag and the pictures are hosted somewhere else on the internet.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 02:05:33 PM »

:P He he well that would explain it.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 02:06:19 PM »

Steve, that looks real nice. Looks like a good improvement. Is it sold as a set with the cam cover? How much is the set? Thanks. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 02:11:02 PM »

It is offered as a plate and cover for those that are using the 07 pump. Cost for a chome unit is 619 from us I think retail is 650 or so from them. You can get it for a 99-06 version and use a early style pump same cost, or get it with a new style 07 pump ( more volume, larger gears) as a complete kit and that 834. It will retro fit a 99-06 up to a 07 style set up.

As I said before it has been tested with cranks with huge run out to see what it would do. The largest run out was .040 , it had smoked the pump, and cam plate so this was installed with a faulty crank to see what would happen. After 3500 miles the bike was torn back down. Pump looked like new, no gear noise, oil psi was up engine ran cooler. I am not saying that if you have a bad crank us it but nice to know that it will hold up.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 02:20:32 PM »

It is offered as a plate and cover for those that are using the 07 pump. Cost for a chome unit is 619 from us I think retail is 650 or so from them. You can get it for a 99-06 version and use a early style pump same cost, or get it with a new style 07 pump ( more volume, larger gears) as a complete kit and that 834. It will retro fit a 99-06 up to a 07 style set up.

As I said before it has been tested with cranks with huge run out to see what it would do. The largest run out was .040 , it had smoked the pump, and cam plate so this was installed with a faulty crank to see what would happen. After 3500 miles the bike was torn back down. Pump looked like new, no gear noise, oil psi was up engine ran cooler. I am not saying that if you have a bad crank us it but nice to know that it will hold up.

I'd be using the stock '07 oil pump. Are there any improvements to that required/available/recommended? With the earlier pump, you'd use the Zipper's shim. Anything to be done with the '07 pump? Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 02:41:33 PM »

Also, can the cam plate be used with the stock cam cover instead of the R&R cover? If so, how much is just the cam plate alone? Thanks. Hoist! 8)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 03:06:45 PM »

I was going to ask you for pic's of this plate. You said in another thread that it's thicker than stock. can you tell me how much wider? Was wondering about interference with the head pipe.

bc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 08:40:47 PM »

I was going to ask you for pic's of this plate. You said in another thread that it's thicker than stock. can you tell me how much wider? Was wondering about interference with the head pipe.

It's about 3/4".  I was at R&R today and asked about pipe interference.  They do have a problem with some pipes - the guy I was talking to mentioned Fat Cats, for instance.  I have a tuning appt. this week and ordered Bassani's as a result.

bc
'07 FXSTSSE

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 11:29:35 PM »

Thanks for that warning bc! I'm getting the Fatcats. I guess the R&R camplate is out! Hoist! 8)

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 10:38:58 AM »

Yes the fat cat will not work however the Road rage is neck and neck with perfromance compared to the fat cat.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 10:47:48 AM »

Yes the fat cat will not work however the Road rage is neck and neck with perfromance compared to the fat cat.

What is the Road Rage exhaust? Who makes it? What's it sound like compared to the Fatcats with Quiet Baffle? Do you have a link and sound byte? Thanks Steve. Hoist! 8)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 11:14:41 AM »

Steve, I went out to measure the 1/4" difference, but looking at the picture of the cover, it has a different shape. Not sure how I would tell if it would clear. I'm not changing cams until winter so not a big deal yet. Wondering if you've had it on with stock or true dual head pipes yet?
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 25 queries.