Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Oil Leak, Head Gasket replacement of the replacement after 400 miles-Update  (Read 13136 times)

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3

Update.  No cylinder but when I asked to see the SERK, it had not even been touched.  So I asked them to do the o ring fix for the VSS sensor and let me take it home.  This was done.  They can call me when the cylinder comes in.  I'll enjoy the bike and road test the double o ring fix.  There is no way of determining when it will ship.  They keep changing the date.

:coolblue:

Enjoy the ride this weekend, hope the parts get in soon.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2

I'm starting to see why we're having issues with these engines. I received a bunch of parts for my mods. One very important P/N is 10956; 2 Base O-Ring Gaskets for the barrels. These pieces of chit are made in China!!! WTF??? No wonder we have issues. How many other critical engine parts are made there? Those cheap bastards! Bring this stuff back to America!!!!! :soapbox: Alright, Chuckie's done! :soapbox: Hoist! 8)

Ahh yes, those lovely purveyors of poisonous dog food, lead painted toys, poisonous counterfeit toothpaste, and counterfeit software and hardware up the wahzoo.  Sure would like to know what it's going to take for us and our so-called leaders to get a clue, and stop buying this junk.  I've personally noted a definite drop in quality over the past few years on many consumer products, and the one thing that is common to all the products I've had issues with is the "Made in China" label.  It's bad enough that our government supports exporting manufacturing jobs to help make the wealthy even wealthier, but then they sit back and let the azzholes poison us!  Don't get me started - oops, too late.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!

Ahh yes, those lovely purveyors of poisonous dog food, lead painted toys, poisonous counterfeit toothpaste, and counterfeit software and hardware up the wahzoo.  Sure would like to know what it's going to take for us and our so-called leaders to get a clue, and stop buying this junk.  I've personally noted a definite drop in quality over the past few years on many consumer products, and the one thing that is common to all the products I've had issues with is the "Made in China" label.  It's bad enough that our government supports exporting manufacturing jobs to help make the wealthy even wealthier, but then they sit back and let the azzholes poison us!  Don't get me started - oops, too late.

Jerry

Right on Jerry! :2vrolijk_21: I picked up a Cometic Gasket Kit, which includes their base O-Ring gaskets, and refuse to use HD's Chinese crap!!! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited

Update.
150 miles later and the double o ring fix for the tranny leak (VSS Sensor) has failed.

Howie, you like to resolve issues yourself.  What would you do in this case?  I think the transmission case needs to be replaced. 

Any day on the bike is a good day.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!

Update.
150 miles later and the double o ring fix for the tranny leak (VSS Sensor) has failed.

Howie, you like to resolve issues yourself.  What would you do in this case?  I think the transmission case needs to be replaced. 

I told you what I thought. I think you need a better dealer with at least 1 really good tech to work on your bike. That's the only way things will get done right, unless you do it yourself. Sounds like they might have stripped it or something. 2 o-rings sounded fishy to me anyway. Find a good place, they'll find out what's wrong, and fix it right. ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2

Update.

I agree, the double O-ring "fix" sounds like some 3rd rate shadetree idea.  If it needed a thicker seal, then one thicker O-ring would be the proper method.

Your dealer needs to replace the trans case.  This is not the first leak at the VSS that's been reported on this forum, so I have to believe the MoCo is aware of the issue and the proper way to fix it.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

I told you what I thought. I think you need a better dealer with at least 1 really good tech to work on your bike. That's the only way things will get done right, unless you do it yourself. Sounds like they might have stripped it or something. 2 o-rings sounded fishy to me anyway. Find a good place, they'll find out what's wrong, and fix it right. ;) Hoist! 8)

From what I have seen is the need for a dealer with balls enough to fix the problem, whatever it takes, and then worry about what the MOCO says and pays for.  The dealers are so afraid of the MOCO.  Maybe I should move the bike now to another dealer.
My point was that if you believe that the fix is in this case the whole tranny case, you would not have an opportunity for an aftermarket replacement (or upgrade) option, only the OEM route which would be very expensive if you wanted to pay out of your pocket at an independent shop. 

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black

As of sat.  all parts expect the rear cylinder came in.  I guess they were not kidding about the back order.  Can't understand how hd got back to the amf day's........... :soapbox:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 04:30:29 PM by 110 Mofo »
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

as of sat.  all parts expect the rear cylinder came in.  i guess they were not kidding about the back order.  can't understand how hd got back to the amf day's........... :soapbox:

I just got off the phone with MOCO customer service.  Vented big time.  I still have the leaky cylinder issue and leaky tranny.  Think how good the quality of the replacement parts will be that are now being built under a rush status. I have totally lost confidence in HD.  I will not buy anything until this is resolved to my satisfaction.  It seems they would rather spend the money to make the wrong repair several times than just to pony up and do the fix that will definetely work and that will eventually happen anyway.  Unless they think we're going away, which might actually be the case.

:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda

Sorry for your pain brother, keep the faith as hard as it may be.

Seegarz :-X

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

Sorry for your pain brother, keep the faith as hard as it may be.

Seegarz :-X

Thanks, Seegarsmkr.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

as of sat.  all parts expect the rear cylinder came in.  i guess they were not kidding about the back order.  can't understand how hd got back to the amf day's........... :soapbox:
On my daily call to customer service at the MOCO, they told me the back order would be cleared by July 20th. 
110mofo, we should see them this week.
I told the dealer, I refused to bring it in until either the cylinder arrived or it snowed.  I live in Mass. so anything is possible.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 20 queries.