Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: The Best TC Engine Guy in the Northeast!  (Read 3635 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
The Best TC Engine Guy in the Northeast!
« on: July 06, 2007, 07:02:14 PM »

OK, as a fallback, or maybe I'm second guessing using the dealer, who's the best TC engine guy in the NE? Preferrably in the NY/NJ/CT Metro Area. My tuner is Joe's Cycle Repair near Albany, NY, so up in that area is good too. Maybe time to use the Syracuse dealer. I've heard good things about Performance HD there. But it's 6 hours away. I'd rather the motor get done closer to home. Who's the best, modern day, up to date, with the best equipment, engine guy in this area? If I'm gonna pay to get my engine done right, I want the best! Who is that guy? ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE RED STREET GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE SPICED RUM
    • CVO3: 2007 FLHRSE3 RAZOR RED
Re: The Best TC Engine Guy in the Northeast!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 08:45:09 PM »

What are you having done? Or want to have done?

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 08:51:38 PM »

Howie

One of the best is in Kernersville NC.
Not my fault you chose to live up there in NY.
I tried to get you to move.
But nooooooooooo.
I even took a lot of heat for trying to get you to move down here.
Everybody was PMing me, "Chip have you gone crazy?"
Figured if I could get you here then there was hope for you.
But alas, not to be!

;)

S
  /
    B

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE RED STREET GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE SPICED RUM
    • CVO3: 2007 FLHRSE3 RAZOR RED
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 09:10:55 PM »

Chip, you got that right! Alot of guys down here have alot of knowledge about building motors. T-Man, Kendall Johnson and a few others. Can anyone say Nascar, started in the South you know. Great riding here too, and a longer season.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 09:16:49 PM »

See Hoist!

KingDog knows.
Pack that trailer up and get down here.
Hell, down here we eat grits, we don't just post about them!

And if anyone else is interested I stopped at the Dunkin Donuts and they do have "ice coffee"

;)

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 09:46:11 PM »

Please no more yanks, Matthews is starting and sounding like NYC. well maybe a few more want hurt come on down...

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 11:29:12 PM »

Howie,

You may want to check out R&R up there in your part of the country.   Maybe they can help you out if you don't want to go down to T-Man NC or to Wes in FL..

http://www.rrcycle.biz   

Reggie Ronzello Sr.

603-645-1488
8024 S. Willow Street
Manchester, NH 03103
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 11:33:38 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 11:44:18 PM »

Howie,

There is plenty of room for another Yank down here, and NC has a long riding season that doen't stop. And how could anyone turn down hanging out with Chip on his 50cc monsters.

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 03:56:27 AM »

Howie,
Don't listen to them Rebels...NYC is the place to be...unless you can afford both..NC for the winter wouldn't be too bad.   :PI have a place that I have heard good things about but that is all...I am having work done there and they seem like real stand-up guys.  The name of the place is Spencer's Cycles and the web site is:

http://www.spencerscycle.com/

Ralph is the guy that I was talking to and he is awesome, he manages the shop and does minor work.  Mark is the MAN and has the main wrench responsibility.  They are located in Belleville, NJ a mere 15 minutes from the Holland Tunnel.  It is worth a call to speak to them...since you have a TON more knowledge it is easier for you to know if they are spot on or not.  They will do both SERT and PC tuning and have their own Dyno. 

L8R

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 08:14:53 AM »

Howie,

If Joe is doing the tuning, he often works closely with Hillside Cycle, http://www.hillsidecycle.com/.  If you trust Joe, I think he would recommend them. It's two hours West of Joe's but they routinely transport bikes to him for tuning.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 06:36:51 PM by hdfr120 »
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2007, 08:22:12 AM »

Howie,

There is plenty of room for another Yank down here, and NC has a long riding season that doen't stop. And how could anyone turn down hanging out with Chip on his 50cc monsters.

Sokool,
My plan is to move to North Carolina in 3 years.  My wife and I are driving down there next month w/o the SERK to check out various places to live.
I am looking for less yuppie and more conservative (leaving Mass makes that easy).  I'd like a decent amount of land, individual houses, not gated communities, close to gun clubs, and Nascar, I am a season ticket holder at Loudon for both cup races.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2007, 08:40:19 AM »

Howie,

If Joe is doing the tuning, he often works closely with Hillside Cycle, http://www.hillsidecycle.com/.  If you trust Joe, I think he would recommend them. It's two hours West of Joe's but they routinely ransport bikes to him for tuning.

Thanks hdfr. Joe has mentioned Hillside to me. That's one I have been condsidering. I was looking to see if anyone els really good was closer to me. I'm meeting the SM of the new dealer tomorrow. We'll see how that goes and I'll decide whether to bring it there or just pay to do it myself.

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2007, 08:41:39 AM »

Howie,
Don't listen to them Rebels...NYC is the place to be...unless you can afford both..NC for the winter wouldn't be too bad.   :PI have a place that I have heard good things about but that is all...I am having work done there and they seem like real stand-up guys.  The name of the place is Spencer's Cycles and the web site is:

http://www.spencerscycle.com/

Ralph is the guy that I was talking to and he is awesome, he manages the shop and does minor work.  Mark is the MAN and has the main wrench responsibility.  They are located in Belleville, NJ a mere 15 minutes from the Holland Tunnel.  It is worth a call to speak to them...since you have a TON more knowledge it is easier for you to know if they are spot on or not.  They will do both SERT and PC tuning and have their own Dyno. 

L8R

Seegarz

Thanks Seegars, I'l check them out too. Anyone ever done any engine work at Spencer Cycle?  Hoist! 8)

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 11:39:20 AM »

Sokool,
My plan is to move to North Carolina in 3 years.  My wife and I are driving down there next month w/o the SERK to check out various places to live.
I am looking for less yuppie and more conservative (leaving Mass makes that easy).  I'd like a decent amount of land, individual houses, not gated communities, close to gun clubs, and Nascar, I am a season ticket holder at Loudon for both cup races.

I guess NC is the place to be for you then. Other than Charolette and the Triangle area, you will fit right in. And even 15 minutes out side Char fits the bill. Plenty of excellent tuners and builders down here, and HD of Char is known as one the best dealer in the state. I am stationed at Ft Bragg, so I didn't have a choice coming here (I'll gladly head back west), but if you are looking for great year-round riding, tuners/builders, cheap housing market, and great access to beaches and the Smokies...I can think of no better place to be.

tgent103

• Full CVO Member
  • 06 FLHTCUSE 15 FLHXSE 2020 FLHXSE
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2007, 09:52:57 PM »

Howie,
 Check this out, haven't used him but was thinking about it when I have the time. I was going to take the ferry ride over to Conn. where his shop is. He also goes to bike shows.

http://www.drdyno.com/
Tom     
15 FLHXSE Black Carbon Crystal

06 FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate
Rinehart Tru duals
Arlen Ness Big Sucker A/C Stage 1
SERT
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 20 queries.