Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 07 serk  (Read 1204 times)

taaz

07 serk
« on: July 13, 2007, 03:43:52 AM »

Newbie here.....thinking of committing to a new 07. You guys are scaring me with the temps, pinging and oil leaks that I been reading about. I just sold a 94 wideglide and thinking of trading my 05 deluxe. I live phoenix where the heat is brutal, but these two horses have been totally reliable. Should I make the comittment?

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
Re: 07 serk
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 04:46:57 AM »

Welcome taaz and Konichiwa from Okinawa.  I will let the heavy hitters handle the real question you are asking, but IMHO CVO is the way to go.

Seegarz :2vrolijk_21:

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

roadking40

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 07:10:57 AM »

Tazz - No issues here. I also live in the valley and have a 2007 flhrse3. I did do the race tuner and changed the exhaust. No heat related issues. The bike runs strong as hell and I am very satisfied. My vote, go get it!

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 08:48:25 AM »

Newbie here.....thinking of committing to a new 07. You guys are scaring me with the temps, pinging and oil leaks that I been reading about. I just sold a 94 wideglide and thinking of trading my 05 deluxe. I live phoenix where the heat is brutal, but these two horses have been totally reliable. Should I make the comittment?

Welcome to the cite.  Another desert rat but ride an 03 FLHRSEI2 with a wimpy 103.   No heat issues.  Remember the oil cooler is standard on these models.  I'd go for the 08 instead.  Why buy a bike with a whole year's depreciation and lacking the new features.  Price will be comparable if you shop around.  Good luck.     
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 09:05:44 AM »

Want to buy mine?  I can sell it it they ever get the parts to put it back together.  Be afraid, be very afraid.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Gunn Runner

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 09:55:25 AM »

Hot as Hades here in Florida :pepper:........no issues with my 07 SE Ultra...running cool w/ Rinehardt Eagle Beaks. If it gets too hot, drop the lowers during the summer....makes a difference.
Gunn Runner

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 10:05:57 AM »

I'm in Sofla, pretty toasty.  I rode out of the showroom modified with SE so's Se a/c and reload.  Bike ran like ca-ca...Moved to Rinehart 2-1 and sert.  Changed the rear shocks and added a swingarm stabilizer. It runs good and handles a little better, I have been beating the chite out of it.  No issues.....yet, other than the back tire wearing out a little fast...

Miker

CAFatBoy2006SE

• Full CVO Member
  • CVO OCD

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 11:12:22 AM »

Go for the '08. Cheers!

2006 Screamin’ Eagle Fat Boy
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered
18" Drag Specialties Big Buffalo 1.5" Ape Hanger
Custom Mirrors
Eliminator® LED Turn/Brake License Plate Frame
Legend Air Ride
Kuryakyn Lizard Maximus LED Kit
Adjure Diamond Cut Trillient Headlamp & Spots w/ Blue Dots
Nacelle Kit

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 12:55:29 PM »

Some other things to consider - you will be beta testing the electronic throttle and ABS with an '08.  Before someone says they are tried systems, so was increasing engine displacement, fuel injection mods and electronic tachometers and we're seeing how that goes with the '07s.  Who cares about "a whole year's depreciation"?  In my state that just means the taxes drop faster; I wouldn't care if they valued it at a buck. 

I'd still be tempted to go for an '08 for the larger tank and ABS (I hope Brembo was tasked with the wheel bearing sensor system), but don't think the '07s are lemons.  And I say that while mine is in the shop for the top-end noise and tach issue.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 05:25:49 PM »

Don't be afraid of the new models, once the kinks are out, you can't beat the CVO's.

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 20 queries.